Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posting in Talk to forums

Options
  • 05-04-2016 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭

This has been happening for some time now. At first I didn't know what was wrong and thought maybe it was to do with my computer / keyboard. But it was only happening when I was on boards. Then I realised it was only happening when I am posting on the talk to forums. I thought it was a glitch and would go away. It hasn't, and my god it is annoying.

So what is happening? Well as I type, every so often, maybe every 15 characters or so, the cursor gets a mind of it's own and jumps back a letter, so pushes the last letter out to the end of the sentence. Hard to explain so here is an example I just typed on the talk to forum. 12 errors in one sentence.

I have picked up that this is happening when I use my pc in work. Brand new machine but it also happened on my old pc in work. Also has happened on my ipad at home
    This has been happening for som time no. At frst I wasn't sre what was happening, butit was very confusing and extremely annoying. Then I figured out it was not an error on mcomputer, but only on bards, and only on the talk to forums an not happening anywhere lse. edoy n uwiwe

This has become so frustrating, as I would type without looking at the screen and then when I look up, nothing makes sense!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

Is this on your phone? I had a similar issue on my phone (Xperia Z4) when using Swiftkey and whilst I hate to offer such a non-answer, it just suddenly stopped one day and has behaved itself since. I don't know what caused it, but having spoken to the tech team about it, they told me there was nothing specific going on that they could think of with the editor on the TT forums that would be the cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Dav wrote: »
    Is this on your phone? I had a similar issue on my phone (Xperia Z4) when using Swiftkey and whilst I hate to offer such a non-answer, it just suddenly stopped one day and has behaved itself since. I don't know what caused it, but having spoken to the tech team about it, they told me there was nothing specific going on that they could think of with the editor on the TT forums that would be the cause.

no Dav, on my pc. normal keyboard operating windows 10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

hmmmm...

OK, I'll take a look and see what we can dig out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,987 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Dav wrote: »
    hmmmm...

OK, I'll take a look and see what we can dig out.

I've not noticed it as much now Dav. actually today was the first time in a good while.

if it makes a difference, it was in the KBC talk to forum and i tried a few times and kept happening.

no biggy, just frustrating

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement