Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LTE Services

Options
  • 05-04-2016 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I saw a sign up yesterday for a company offering LTE broadband. Just wondering has anyone signed up to LTE broadband and wouldn't mind sharing their experiences ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭irisheddie85

Haven't signed up but have seen the same signs pop up around knocknacarra.
    As far as I know LTE is pretty much another name for 4g so the speeds are probably the same as you will get on a 4g handset in your house.
    In my house that means non existent, in my friends house round the corner that means fast enough to watch netflix download large files and do pretty much anything normal online.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭huggs2

I got a flyer in my door last week to say LTE would be in my area soon.I would be able to sign up now and get up to 70mb.The only thing is i have cable broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

4G LTE is a mobile solution for mobile phones.
    Do they offer broadband for your house now? Or a dongle for your laptop?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭leex

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I use my 3 mobile for internet and all things streaming related and it's perfect with 4g. Their 3g is woeful but if you are in a good spot in town you can get perfectly reasonable speeds for downloading and gaming online.

• Advertisement

Savage Speeds up to 70Mb
    How you can tell an Irish person wrote the page...

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭huggs2

thebackbar wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

I saw a sign up yesterday for a company offering LTE broadband. Just wondering has anyone signed up to LTE broadband and wouldn't mind sharing their experiences ?

Not sure if anyone has it yet.I rang them up and Tonabrucky mast does not go live till may 9th.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭thebackbar

i rang them up, they said the service wouldn't go below 30Mbs. 59 euro a month. plus 150 installation fee

Did they mention when they are supposed to be up and running?

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭thebackbar

biko wrote: »
    Did they mention when they are supposed to be up and running?

i was on to the sales guys, who said it was up and running, but then he said it would be fully up commercially at the end of the month. I don't need the service just now so i didn't push him on that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭leex

After filling out the enquiry form this week, I received a call today from one of their sales reps. They confirmed again that I was within coverage area. I am around 11miles from mast. Number porting or use of a new number appear to be part of the offering. They said that service will be limited to 400 customers. Will not be installed if test speeds dont reach 30mbps.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭f2

does anybody know if you need line of sight to their tower to get lte broadband

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

f2 wrote: »
    does anybody know if you need line of sight to their tower to get lte broadband
    AFAIK you don't need line of sight but the fewer obstructions the better the signal. It will behave more or less like a mobile signal so you probably don't want to be in a house with foil lined insulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭f2

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭_Puma_

We got it. Have line of sight to tonebruky mast. Getting a consistent 60MB down and 3 up with low pings. Were lucky to get a 1MB on our phone line before this. Our area won't be getting a cabinet according to the latest maps for the broadband rollout plan so this is a godsend

Advertisement