Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband salesman making strange claims

Options
  • 05-04-2016 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, I believe our rural area is getting fibre soon. We've had quite a suspicious salesman come around to the house we are rebuilding, several times now (while I'm not there), asking my tech-illiterate gf to sign up quickly for fibre with Eir.

He's made some fairly strange claims while asking us to sign up: if we had a land line he wasn't able to sign us up, there's only one spot left on his list, it'll cost us €50 pm apparently. He has in his possession a list of names as 'proof' that everyone was jumping on this great deal and that there were very few spots left.

Any chance you might know what he means? My bs detector is in overdrive and I'd like to know what's going on here. Why would there be only a limited number of spots left? Surely we could get fibre whenever we want after it's rolled out? I've told her to ignore him and tell him we'll sign up when we are moved in, but on the other hand I don't want us to miss out on any deals if he is in fact genuine...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi guys, I believe our rural area is getting fibre soon. We've had quite a suspicious salesman come around to the house we are rebuilding, several times now (while I'm not there), asking my tech-illiterate gf to sign up quickly for fibre with Eir.

He's made some fairly strange claims while asking us to sign up: if we had a land line he wasn't able to sign us up, there's only one spot left on his list, it'll cost us €50 pm apparently. He has in his possession a list of names as 'proof' that everyone was jumping on this great deal and that there were very few spots left.

Any chance you might know what he means? My bs detector is in overdrive and I'd like to know what's going on here. Why would there be only a limited number of spots left? Surely we could get fibre whenever we want after it's rolled out? I've told her to ignore him and tell him we'll sign up when we are moved in, but on the other hand I don't want us to miss out on any deals if he is in fact genuine...
    Hi DesperateDan,

Thanks for getting in touch :)

This doesn't sound correct at all. Our efibre upgrades are planned by operations and certain customers would not be selected that sign up to particular offers. You can view the planned eFibre roll out here http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ or you can check your line number or address here https://www.eir.ie/eirfibreinfo/map/. I would recommend registering your details on the above link and as soon as the service is available you will be notified.

You can view our on-line offers here https://www.eir.ie/bundles/ or speak with our sales team on directly on 1800503303.

Can you advise the name of the salesman and I can flag this?

-Pamela 

Advertisement