Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alan Partridge Superthread - Sponsored by Dettol

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

Kiss my face

Smell my cheese! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

A new series!!

Alan Partridge: You smiled then, Lynn.
    Lynn: No, I didn't.
    Alan Partridge: Yes, you did. I can read you like a book. And not a very good book. Certainly not 'Bravo Two Zero' by Andy McNabb. Which actually improves with every read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 678 ✭✭✭kevovek

A new series!!

Alan Partridge: Yes, you did. I can read you like a book. And not a very good book. Certainly not 'Bravo Two Zero' by Andy McNabb. Which actually improves with every read.

As in hes getting a new series or are you just referring to scissored isle?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭stoplooklisten

kevovek wrote: »
    As in hes getting a new series or are you just referring to scissored isle?

Scissored Isle, can't believe he's back! :pac:

Could someone clear that **** away, please? It's just, it's in my picture. People may associate it with me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

10 out of 10

Back of the net

• Registered Users Posts: 72,576 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

10/10!

Cashback!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

10 on 10

Back of the net!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Smell my cheese! :D

I'll have a British Isles breakfast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

I'm meeting Tony Hayers later, he's numero . . . one at the BBC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭daisybelle2008

A new series!!

Andy McKnob

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Hide the steak, it's Chrissie Hynde.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭furiousox

"Big Yellow Taxi there by Joni Mitchell, a song in which she complains that they 'paved paradise to put up a parking lot' - a measure which actually would have alleviated traffic congestion on the outskirts of paradise.
    Something which Joni singularly fails to point out, perhaps because it doesn't quite fit in with her blinkered view of the world.
    Nevertheless, nice song."

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Mike: Oh, yes, yes. I supply fitted kitchens. The funny thing is, that I’ve been in the business for 15 years, but I cant actually cook! You see a cookery book here, wouldn’t be much use to me!

Michael: Mr Partridge, he said he sells kitchens, right, for 15 year, but he cant cook.

Alan: I know, I heard him.

Michael: Then, right. He spies the cook book and he says “It’d be nee good to me that, would it”

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Why am i only discovering this thread now!! I need a bloody oxygen mask just reading it.

"We're just taking calls on the question, 'if you could make one species of animal extinct, which would it be and how would you do it'. Steve from Swaffham emails to say 'i would make all flightless birds extinct by putting the world's bird seed on a shelf that's slightly too high for them to reach. Thereby, starving them to death'. Thanks Steve.........................and finally we have a text from Ted in Fakenham which simply says 'Cats. Hammers'."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Alan: If you could take two famous people and force them to mate who would they be and why. Line 2 we have Duncan in Beckles.

Caller: Hello Alan, I'd go for Stephen Hawking and Pamela Anderson. Then you'd create a beautiful genius.

Alan: What a lovely idea. Or a disabled lifeguard.

I love the town names. Just random.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

monkey9 wrote: »

Alan: Tonight, we’re talking about death.
    Announcer: Wivenhoe, Flitwick, Tiptree, Holbeach, Pinchbeck, Terrington St Clement, Thetford Forest. It’s 10pm, this is “Norfolk Nights” with Alan Partridge.
    Alan: How would you like to be disposed of, when you’re dead? We’re taking letters and emails on that tonight, starting with a letter from Mike who’s 24. He’d like to be buried in a large satin-lined coffin, with a couple of Page Three stunners. They’re alive, he says… I’m not reading that out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

monkey9 wrote: »

They're all real towns in Norfolk. North Norfolk I would imagine.

I've friends who lived in north Suffolk and I've been in Beccles and used to snigger at road signs for Bungay.

• Advertisement

stimpson wrote: »

I've friends who lived in north Suffolk and I've been in Beccles and used to snigger at road signs for Bungay.

I once did an interview in Norwich where I stayed in what might as have been a Travel Tavern, it's actually a fantastic city, but I remember reading this around the time...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1414681/Norfolk-fails-to-see-the-funny-side-of-Alan-Partridge.html

Basically a city counsellor complaining about Alan Partridge making them a laughing stock, and in the process making people laugh even more... for example: "And he cannot understand why the mere mention of the names of Norfolk villages - such as Spixworth and Acle - produces gales of laughter from the studio audience. Mr Joyce, 49, suggests that the comedian should be invited to visit Norfolk to see some of its achievements, "such as the Nar-Ouse Regeneration Area"."

stimpson wrote: »

Oh yeah, i know they're real. But i just love the randomness. I can just imagine them looking up town names to use. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Really loved Scissored Isle. Anyone know if/when there will be a second episode?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

On "Water sports"
    Perhaps those people were caught short.
    They do it on purpose, Lynn!

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Really loved Scissored Isle. Anyone know if/when there will be a second episode?

lap.jpg

I want a second series..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

SmoRLbHpRRGL.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Needless to say I had the last laugh now f*** off

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭messy tessy

Scissored Isle repeat on sky Atlantic +1 right now!

• Advertisement

It's cholesterol. Scottish people eat it. Few of them make 60.

Advertisement