Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alan Partridge Superthread - Sponsored by Dettol

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Kiss my face

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭munster87

But today is Lynn’s day, and what a tragedy that the one person who can’t be here is Lynn’s mum, Peggy, who is dead. We didn’t see eye to eye. There was a lot of bad blood… which coincidentally was one of the complications she had at the end.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

There is an Alan Partridge Table Quiz hosted by Michael the Geordie in the Bernard Shaw coming up in September.
    It is sold out.

Im only posting this to tell you that I will 100% be winning this quiz and I'll be posting my prizes up here :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭scriba

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

Christ, I cannot wait to listen to the audiobook version of Nomad. Have listened to "We need to talk about Alan" about 8 times.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,648 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I did not win the Alan Partridge quiz :(
    came 3rd.

It was a tie for first place with the question of "Who is the representative of Dante's Fireplaces" which I did not know so Im not too bitter about losing.
    We only got 4 questions wrong (and 3 of those were parts of answers) in the whole thing too proving how high the standard was. Michael (Simon Greenhall) was a terrific host though and most importantly of all it was great banter, it really was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I was there. Good buzz. The bond round was insane....

• Registered Users Posts: 23 barryegan

Were you guys at a different event? Stupidity having it set-up in the smoking area. Our table (and most of the others it seemed) could not hear a thing. That's the first I've of "Who is the representative of Dante's Fireplaces" being even asked. Simon looked like he couldn't wait to get the hell out of the place.

Good buzz it was not. Terribly run event, pity those going tonight.

ahh I was kinda near the front so I could hear everything and I was with good mates too but yeah, I can understand if you thought it was sh*te.
    and they got questions wrong - Alan decides to call his house "Ye House" and they said it was Excalibur Cottage and in the Michael quote about the Monkey he first says "threw it in the sea" and in a later bit says "hoy'd it in the sea" but here they said he said "hoy'd" originally which was just bang wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

BMMachine wrote: »
    ahh I was kinda near the front so I could hear everything and I was with good mates too but yeah, I can understand if you thought it was sh*te.
    and they got questions wrong - Alan decides to call his house "Ye House" and they said it was Excalibur Cottage and in the Michael quote about the Monkey he first says "threw it in the sea" and in a later bit says "hoy'd it in the sea" but here they said he said "hoy'd" originally which was just bang wrong

Did you tell them to stop getting partridge wrong?

I was there up the front so I didn't have any problems hearing it like a lot of people seemed to. Definitely wasn't organised brilliantly, but it was a good night with some nice touches.

Grayditch wrote: »
    I was there up the front so I didn't have any problems hearing it like a lot of people seemed to. Definitely wasn't organised brilliantly, but it was a good night with some nice touches.

were you on team mobile phone? :p

No, not THAT table :)

Grayditch wrote: »
    No, not THAT table :)

ha sound. one of them threatened to beat up my mate for calling them out. we could hear them from where we were checking the answers and they still got loads wrong. scum. subhuman scum

"It's just a bit of fun"
    "A lie is a lie"

• Registered Users Posts: 16,631 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

I did not win the Alan Partridge quiz :(
    came 3rd.

It was a tie for first place with the question of "Who is the representative of Dante's Fireplaces" which I did not know so Im not too bitter about losing.
    We only got 4 questions wrong (and 3 of those were parts of answers) in the whole thing too proving how high the standard was. Michael (Simon Greenhall) was a terrific host though and most importantly of all it was great banter, it really was

My brother better have won it, I quizzed him on that exact question the day beforehand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

barryegan wrote: »
    That's the first I've of "Who is the representative of Dante's Fireplaces" being even asked..

You should have gissed

You should have gissed

no you c*nt!!!

well theres no need for that! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭malcy

no you c*nt!!!

well theres no need for that! :p

It's Can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,576 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Ben: Bang & Olufson? Wow, that's serious, man. Whose is it?

Alan: It's mine.

Ben: I didn't know you were into music. I know you're a DJ, but I've heard your show.

Alan: Oh, yeah. I like all the bands. I've got a broad taste, you know. From the britpop bands like UB40, Def Leppard, right back to classic rock, like Wings.

Ben: Who's Wings?

Alan: They re only the band the Beatles could have been.

Ben: I love the Beatles.

Alan: Yeah, so do I.

Ben: What's your favourite Beatles album, then?

Alan: Tough one. I think I'd have to say...'The Best of the Beatles'.

Ben: Gum?

Alan: Yeah, cheers. So, who's your favourite singer, then?

Ben: Oh, anything, really, you know. Frank Sinatra, Kurt Cobain.

Alan: Who's he?

Ben: Nirvana. Blew his head off with a gun?

Alan: Why?

Ben: He was depressed.

Alan: Why, were they not very good?

Ben: No, they were great.

Alan: Oh. Someone should've told him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Alan Partridge's 'Scissored Isle' ***NEW PARTRIDGE STUFF***

is it any good??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

malcy wrote: »
    It's Can't.

Yes but it sounds like the other way. It's a joke that doesn't work in text form.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Just stumbled upon this Partridge podcast yesterday called "Monkey Tennis". Four fans go through each episode of I'm Alan Partridge. Seems good so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

"Steve Coogan: The man who thinks he's it." is on Gold right now. Some Partridge in it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,576 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Advertisement