Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alan Partridge Superthread - Sponsored by Dettol

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭malcy

Coogan says he will be doing new Partridge towards the end of the year. It'll be on TV but he doesn't know in what form yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Love this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 12,525 ✭✭✭✭siblers

malcy wrote: »
    Coogan says he will be doing new Partridge towards the end of the year. It'll be on TV but he doesn't know in what form yet.

Jurassic Park

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

malcy wrote: »

Hopefully it's not live. It can blow up in your face.

“Yesterday I read out a text saying that oestrogen was a kind of gas used to blow up balloons, Of course it isn’t, it’s a hormone used by women to perform a number of tasks, relating to, er, themselves…"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Shirley in EastEnders quoting AP tonight. Smell my cheese!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭trashcan

sabat wrote: »
    Some more classic Partridge I mean Edmonds:

Wealdon District Council, Keith Chegwin as the sidekick, "this is not some entertainment show" in front of an audience waving giant foam hands.

I'll also throw in my favourite line from the classic Jon Ronson feature about DOND:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2006/oct/21/broadcasting.arts

Jesus, what an absolute and complete tosser Edmonds is.

Edit - mind you, it is pretty hilarious. I love the way he stands up to launch into his rant, and the shapes he throws.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I was reading Steve Coogan's Autobiography recently ...

In the very first episode of Knowing Me, Knowing You with Alan Partridge, Alan is kept waiting by his star guest Roger Moore all through the show (Roger was running late). Eventually the shows ends before Roger gets to the studio.

Anyway, Steve mentions in his book that Roger mentions that particular show in his own Memoir. Roger says that the next he saw his Father after the show he said "it was very rude of you not to turn up to that talk show". Mr Moore Senior was sat at home watching it, thinking his Son was showing a distinct lack of class by not appearing on this new Chat Show.

Roger put his Dad right, in true Roger style he informed him "Father, it's a satire!"

Makes you wonder how many other people didn't get the joke. They must have got a shock when Forbes McAllister got shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭jaysisjames

"Wings are only the band the Beatles could have been"

"Martin McGuinness looks like a clown without make up"

on the irish famine - "if it was just the potatoes that were affected, at the end of the day, you will pay the price if your a fussy eater. if they can afford to emigrate, then they can afford to eat in a modest restaurant"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

"Lynn, Lynn! I'm on God's side. I can't stand the devil. I think he's bang out of order. I think he's an evil, evil idiot."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,918 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Skid X wrote: »

In the very first episode of Knowing Me, Knowing You with Alan Partridge, Alan is kept waiting by his star guest Roger Moore all through the show (Roger was running late). Eventually the shows ends before Roger gets to the studio.

Anyway, Steve mentions in his book that Roger mentions that particular show in his own Memoir. Roger says that the next he saw his Father after the show he said "it was very rude of you not to turn up to that talk show". Mr Moore Senior was sat at home watching it, thinking his Son was showing a distinct lack of class by not appearing on this new Chat Show.

Roger put his Dad right, in true Roger style he informed him "Father, it's a satire!"

Makes you wonder how many other people didn't get the joke. They must have got a shock when Forbes McAllister got shot.

I've been reading Coogan's book but just can't get into it. He's almost as pompous and insecure as AP but not as funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

loyatemu wrote: »
    I've been reading Coogan's book but just can't get into it. He's almost as pompous and insecure as AP but not as funny.

Totally agree, there's too much of a "Needless to say, I had the last laugh" tone to it.

There's a part where he goes on about how he was getting more and more Spitting Image roles but "I was also conscious of the fact that some of the voice artists had a limited repertoire" (page 272). Pure Partridge. Was it really necessary to phrase it like that so many years later?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

"MDF is banned in America."

*Points at TV*

"So is that."

"That was Beyonce's mum, Tina Turner"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Passenger wrote: »
    "MDF is banned in America."

*Points at TV*

"So is that."

Hahaa nice!

409457.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

stimpson wrote: »

I agree. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

stimpson wrote: »
    Well there's no need for that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Lynn, they're sex people!

• Advertisement

Come on, pack it in, mate. I don’t want to have sex with your wife. Even though, from the promotional video, I can see that I would have a ruddy good time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

tumblr_lt87l4YzZO1r3pcbso1_400.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Let's talk kitchens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Only came across this thread on Thursday, pure class!

Pulled out the box set Friday night and watched the 6 episodes of KMKY.

So funny when he is summing up the guests he had on the show and slags them off....Dan the Man :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

"They’re actually left-hand drive, those lorries. So if you are doing that, you’d just be grabbing photographs of your family. Or perhaps, rosary beads, if you were driving up from Mexico."

I'm now three episodes into the second season of Coogan's show called 'The Trip'
    It's on Netflix.

It's himself and Rob Brydon driving around and eating in fancy restaurants.

There's some very good impressions and conversation between them.
    I love it although I find it's better in small doses as it's repetitive enough which is not a bad thing imo but not good for binge watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

De Bhál wrote: »
    I'm now three episodes into the second season of Coogan's show called 'The Trip'
    It's on Netflix.

It's himself and Rob Brydon driving around and eating in fancy restaurants.

There's some very good impressions and conversation between them.
    I love it although I find it's better in small doses as it's repetitive enough which is not a bad thing imo but not good for binge watching.

You will be kicking the screen by the end of the 2nd series.

That being said I found it to be quite decent, despite it's repetitiveness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭druss

Skid X wrote: »

I was over at a friends house waiting for her to get ready. Her mother was getting really irate during this episode.

"She has such a lovely voice. Why is he ruining it with his awful singing?".

Looking back, that was the episode with Hot Pants. Shame we'd left by then.

Unintentional Partridge: http://www.dailyedge.ie/polish-band-ira-3309278-Mar2017/
    I actually booked the room under the name of “The Real IRA”. They didn’t bat an eyelid. I’ll just go and tell them it’s me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭DopeTech

image9.jpg

Advertisement