Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alan Partridge Superthread - Sponsored by Dettol

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Oooooo it's a good paper

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

I actually booked the room under the name "the
    Real IRA"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I remember a few years back I had an interview in university of East Anglia (Alan's Alma mater, which I didn't know at the time), and the day I arrived I immediately went into the city centre to explore if the following was true:

Jill, what do you think about the pedestrianisation of Norwich town centre? I’ll be honest I’m dead against it. People forget that traders need access to Diiiixons! They do say it'll help people in wheeeeelchairs!

I didn't get the job. Not sure I was able to take Norwich seriously enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭DopeTech

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

rvsmQDZ4zQNi.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭wonderwall900

Apart from seeing the odd bit on Youtube my only viewing of Coogan's work as Partridge was the feature film in the last couple of years.

A question for veterans of his work - am I better off starting with Knowing Me Knowing You and then viewing I'm Alan Partridge?

Does it matter if I view the Partridge shows in chronological order?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

I never took to Knowing Me, Knowing You, I thought it was fairly ****e in truth.

I'm Alan Partridge is up there with my favourite TV shows though, probably know it word for word, every episode a masterpiece.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭wonderwall900

ligerdub wrote: »
    I never took to Knowing Me, Knowing You, I thought it was fairly ****e in truth.

I'm Alan Partridge is up there with my favourite TV shows though, probably know it word for word, every episode a masterpiece.

Thanks.

I think I'll jump straight to I'm Alan Patridge. It seems to be the show that Coogan built his reputation on.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,421 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Hard to believe I'm Alan Patridge is 20 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

Hard to believe I'm Alan Patridge is 20 years old.

14 years younger than me..........back of the net!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Thanks.

I think I'll jump straight to I'm Alan Patridge. It seems to be the show that Coogan built his reputation on.

You could try listening to the radio shows that appeared on BBC Radio 4. They were well received and led to the TV series. This one is one of my favourites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdExII1zNBw&list=PLG4LBtUiXKfxzCMk84vMHPLTZe0aIGG7Q&index=2

The character is still in its infancy here and has yet to grow into the force it would later become. A bit like Paul McCartney in his Beatles phase before he went on to Wings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

You could try listening to the radio shows that appeared on BBC Radio 4. They were well received and led to the TV series. This one is one of my favourites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdExII1zNBw&list=PLG4LBtUiXKfxzCMk84vMHPLTZe0aIGG7Q&index=2

The character is still in its infancy here and has yet to grow into the force it would later become. A bit like Paul McCartney in his Beatles phase before he went on to Wings.

A Beatles and Wings analogy isn't very appropriate. You should try to use one that features Brit Pop bands like Def Leppard or UB40.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭patrickSTARR

Cheers for this you ruddy good lad. I wont be blue Peter tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

bHOWOOXIWmLF.gif
    A6vvvQX8KiJf.gif
    7COSVy7YzC2d.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Not a lot of detail, but Alan will return to BBC2, his spiritual televisual home, in 2018 in a Sitcom

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/news/2723/partridges_pro_brexit_bbc_return/
    Speaking in a wide-ranging interview with the pro-Remain newspaper The New European, Coogan revealed that Partridge's return would be explained amidst the UK's vote to withdraw from the European Union.

To be broadcast on BBC Two in Spring 2018, the new sitcom will be based on a return to the BBC for Alan Partridge, re-hired by the corporation as a pro-Brexit voice.

Lovely Stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,933 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Jurrasic Park! That is seriously great news.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,576 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Alan can now buy his five-bedroom b*****d house close to Chris Rea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

That was a negative and right now I need two positives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

Just came into the forum to post because im watching an episode of "im alan partridge" now and couldnt stop laughing at his attempt to woo Jill...

"Listen. Just to clear something up. You know when you make those risqué comments, are you just flirting in that sort of crude way that middle-aged divorcees do. Or do you genuinely like me, sex-wise?" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 72,576 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Lorelli! wrote: »
    Just came into the forum to post because im watching an episode of "im alan partridge" now and couldnt stop laughing at his attempt to woo Jill...

"Listen. Just to clear something up. You know when you make those risqué comments, are you just flirting in that sort of crude way that middle-aged divorcees do. Or do you genuinely like me, sex-wise?" :pac:

I'M BATMAN!

• Advertisement

I'M BATMAN!

"Right. Let battle commence!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

He's back in the BBC! Smell my cheese Tony hayers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Just remind Chris that it's not that kind of a party, and to leave his vegetarian wife at home.
    OH, YOU PEOPLE!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,354 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

He's back in the BBC! Smell my cheese Tony hayers!

Jackanackanory!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭De Bhál

In off the red

"Who's this beautiful, blonde man with a lovely voice. It's...Annie Lennox"

Bites lip - eek :/ :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

"Just take your foot off the spike!"
    "You take your foot off, Lynn'
    "Ooh but mine isn't stuck on the spike!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I wonder who got the power pack

• Registered Users Posts: 17,933 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I wonder who got the power pack
    Alans...............

.........Funny Stories :D