Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alan Partridge Superthread - Sponsored by Dettol

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

"Well Sonja that was classic intercourse. So, er, thanks. Let's just pop the extractor fan on, get a through draft going"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

Lads, if you are going to get angry would you mind getting angry down the centre of the table. Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Have you put t’corpse under t’patio?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

Thargor wrote: »
    Alans...............

.........Funny Stories :D
    ....................................................................................
    ....................................................................................
    ..........................news

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I can hear some girls, but I can't see any.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Use the shower nozzle to blast off the scum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

I love the tension between Alan and Dave Clifton when they are changing over radio slots. :)

Can't find the full clip but he loses it a bit with him here :D...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,576 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

If you happen to be in Manchester early next month, you could do worse than to head to Band On The Wall for the Alan Partridge quiz, hosted by Michael himself! :O

https://bandonthewall.org/events/alan-partridge-quiz-hosted-geordie-michael/

Sue Cook must have pulled out :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,360 ✭✭✭Lorelli!

If you happen to be in Manchester early next month, you could do worse than to head to Band On The Wall for the Alan Partridge quiz, hosted by Michael himself! :O

The best of friends..and poor Lynne will come back as a badger :/ :pac:

"Jibberish classic" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,933 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

People do know about Mid Morning Matters dont they? All the episodes are up on Dailymotion. It was a promo for Fosters but Sky took it up for the second series, its as good as IAP imo, some absolutely classic moments, Dave Clifton features in it. Sidekick Simon is the star though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

"So give me a call – PLEASE! Seriously though, DO give me a call. It’s 4:50am, the Queen is dead, long live the Kings’ Singers.

Now we’ve had several calls during the last few hours, about a humorous comment I made some time ago. Just to reassure you, the Queen is not dead. It was a humorous intro into a song which seems to have been taken a bit too literally by one or two listeners, and a newspaper.

So just to repeat,Queen Elizabeth II is not dead. Unless she went in the night and is yet to be discovered by the maid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

It's camp David.
    What's your favourite food?
    Ooh, mince!

Danny Franchetti's jazz box

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Danny Franchetti's jazz box

Sorry, it's the new digital system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Alan: I didn’t know you were married.

Michael: Aye. I married a Phillipino lassie, like. It didn’t work out. She didn’t like Newcastle and she didn’t fit in with the culture.

Alan: Right, so she’s gone back home?

Michael: No, she moved to Sunderland. She’s shacked up with my brother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Alan: Give me another series, you shit.

The BBC: Oh, ok then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭munster87

Right, I'll tell you an anecdote. In 1974 I was catching the London train from Crewe station. It was very crowded, I found myself in a last-minute rush for the one remaining seat beside a tall, good-looking man with collar-length hair, it was the seventies, buckaroo! I looked up and saw it was none other than Peter Purves, it was the height of his Blue Peter fame. He said, "You jammy bastard" and quick as a flash, I replied, "Don't be blue, Peter!" Needless to say, I had the last laugh, now **** off!

munster87 wrote: »
    Right, I'll tell you an anecdote. In 1974 I was catching the London train from Crewe station. It was very crowded, I found myself in a last-minute rush for the one remaining seat beside a tall, good-looking man with collar-length hair, it was the seventies, buckaroo! I looked up and saw it was none other than Peter Purves, it was the height of his Blue Peter fame. He said, "You jammy bastard" and quick as a flash, I replied, "Don't be blue, Peter!" Needless to say, I had the last laugh, now **** off!

needles to say you took drugs!

• Advertisement

Sh*t, did you see that?! He must have a foot like a traction engine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

jooksavage wrote: »
    Sh*t, did you see that?! He must have a foot like a traction engine

Goal.

And another!

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

That was liquid football!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Walter E GO

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Sorry if it's already been mentioned but has anyone listened to Alan reading his own autobiography "Nomad"?
    I'm currently listening to it (it's 6 hours long) on Youtube and it's bloody fantastic.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

fussyonion wrote: »
    Sorry if it's already been mentioned but has anyone listened to Alan reading his own autobiography "Nomad"?
    I'm currently listening to it (it's 6 hours long) on Youtube and it's bloody fantastic.

cook a cat Im doing the exact same thing! Im about 1 1/2 hours in, smashing stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Agrian Brian

fussyonion wrote: »

Having listened to both "Nomad" and its forerunner "I, Partridge" I have to say that I found "Nomad" not as consistently funny as "I, Partridge". You can tell the time, love and attention that went into "I, Partridge" and I think any follow up was going to pale in comparison in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

hKiwm20QSCOZ.gif
    Having listened to both "Nomad" and its forerunner "I, Partridge" I have to say that I found "Nomad" not as consistently funny as "I, Partridge". You can tell the time, love and attention that went into "I, Partridge" and I think any follow up was going to pale in comparison in my opinion.

t8QjQ3ARncdr.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I had to turn that off it was so embarrassing.

Advertisement