Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alan Partridge Superthread - Sponsored by Dettol

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Ciaran_B wrote: »
    Was that the one where he arrived in the vandalized car?

Possibly!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

In Alpha Papa, when Pat is grieving his dead wife and saying how much he loved her and misses her, he hands Alan a picture of her and Alan asks "who's this chap?"

and then
    [Pat is showing Alan and Simon a picture of his wife]Pat Farrell: A year after that was taken, the angels took her.Sidekick Simon: Must have been a few of them...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,587 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Great news that Alan is back on TV soon.
    Hadn't heard anything about it (I know its probably in this thread but wouldn't be a frequent reader).

Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

NIMAN wrote: »
    Great news that Alan is back on TV soon.
    Hadn't heard anything about it (I know its probably in this thread but wouldn't be a frequent reader).

Can't wait.
    Has there been a date announced yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

xckjoo wrote: »
    Has there been a date announced yet?
    According to this it's back in February but it's the guardian so it could very well be grade a bollix too.
    https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/jan/02/must-see-tv-shows-2019

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,587 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

alan stands in a human petri dish lol

February is confirmed now by Alan Partridge himself. Great news!

I'm Alan Partridge and I am delighted, or at least content, to invite you to a special preview screening of my (and BBC One's) upcoming magazine show 'This Time with Alan Partridge' (my emphasis).
    The show marks my return to BBC Television after two decades in various doldrums (depression, radio, Sky Atlantic) and you've been carefully selected because you're either a journalist with a pleasant disposition or a friend or representative of an institution with whom I currently hold no specific grudge.
    Limited refreshments will be provided. I think it works out at about two drinks a head, although around a third of you won't drink so some of you can have four. Food-wise, expect light snacks; those of you with a large appetite or poor impulse control should probably eat before you get there.
    Toilet facilities are also on hand, catering for the full spectrum of gender and disability - but again, if you have more bespoke needs, try to go before you arrive.
    Dress code: Just show a bit of respect really.
    Have some manners and RSVP.
    alan_partridge_signature.jpg
    Sorry, the screening is only for the press, but the good news is everyone will be able to see the six new episodes on BBC One this February.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/this_time_with_alan_partridge/special/alan_partridge_press_invite/

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Thought it would be Sports Casual!!!!

Autecher wrote: »
    February is confirmed now by Alan Partridge himself. Great news!

I'm Alan Partridge and I am delighted, or at least content, to invite you to a special preview screening of my (and BBC One's) upcoming magazine show 'This Time with Alan Partridge' (my emphasis).
    The show marks my return to BBC Television after two decades in various doldrums (depression, radio, Sky Atlantic) and you've been carefully selected because you're either a journalist with a pleasant disposition or a friend or representative of an institution with whom I currently hold no specific grudge.
    Limited refreshments will be provided. I think it works out at about two drinks a head, although around a third of you won't drink so some of you can have four. Food-wise, expect light snacks; those of you with a large appetite or poor impulse control should probably eat before you get there.
    Toilet facilities are also on hand, catering for the full spectrum of gender and disability - but again, if you have more bespoke needs, try to go before you arrive.
    Have some manners and RSVP.
    alan_partridge_signature.jpg
    Sorry, the screening is only for the press, but the good news is everyone will be able to see the six new episodes on BBC One this February.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/this_time_with_alan_partridge/special/alan_partridge_press_invite/

Thank f*ck! Finally some good comedy on the BBC again. It's been a while :) (well, hopefully it'll be good!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭stimpson

Jackanackanory!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

If thats not worth a Jurassic Park what is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,352 ✭✭✭.red.

Just got the end of an interview on Mat Cooper. It'll probably be available tonight or tomorrow on podcast.
    Very excited about this, more so than if I'm expecting classic intercourse with the wife, back of the net!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Numero one, again. Needless to say he is having the last laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

yes folks,

Alan's alter ego Steve Coogan confirmed on the one show this evening that the good Mr Partridge will be returning to our screens in a apparent parody of the aforementioned...one show :)

expect some "quality chat"

fryup wrote: »
    yes folks,

Alan's alter ego Steve Coogan confirmed on the one show this evening that the good Mr Partridge will be returning to our screens in a apparent parody of the aforementioned...one show :)

expect some "quality chat"

Not sure I like the sound of that to be honest. Can you parody that ****e? Why would you want to. It's naff: it's a given. I hope they mix it up with Alan presenting, but also showing Alan behind the scenes interacting with the BBC staff, and Lynn. It would be great if he had Michael and Sidekick Simon along as well and called them his entourage :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭toonarmy1

.red. wrote: »
    Just got the end of an interview on Mat Cooper. It'll probably be available tonight or tomorrow on podcast.
    Very excited about this, more so than if I'm expecting classic intercourse with the wife, back of the net!

with a shower before and ideally afterwards ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Not sure I like the sound of that to be honest. Can you parody that ****e? Why would you want to. It's naff: it's a given. I hope they mix it up with Alan presenting, but also showing Alan behind the scenes interacting with the BBC staff, and Lynn. It would be great if he had Michael and Sidekick Simon along as well and called them his entourage :pac:
    Sorry to break it to you but Michael drowned after jumping off the pier in Alpha Papa, although I suppose they could just say he faked his death and was in France having full sex with a woman or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,425 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Thargor wrote: »
    Sorry to break it to you but Michael drowned after jumping off the pier in Alpha Papa, although I suppose they could just say he faked his death and was in France having full sex with a woman or something.

Or "Classic Intercourse" as alan would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Thargor wrote:

The search for him was called off after 45 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Steve Coogan and John C. Reilly will be on the Late Late Show tomorrow to discuss the new Stan and Ollie film.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/tv/latelateshow-ryan-tubridy-stevecoogan-johncreilly-13832277

Hopefully Tubridy brings up the new series of Partridge ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

i'd love to see Steve appear as Alan on the late late sometime and in the process say offensive things about the irish

the rte switchboard would light up big time :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Some idea's for the Irish tourist board maybe!

Alan would never come to Dublin. That's where the IRA make their bombs!

Big Vern wrote: »
    Some idea's for the Irish tourist board maybe!

“Dere’s more to Oireland dan dis!”

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

I think the Irish are going through a major image change. I mean the old image of Leprechauns, shamrock, Guinness, horses running through council estates, toothless simpletons, people with eyebrows on their cheeks, badly tarmaced drives (in this country), men in platform shoes being arrested for bombings, lots of rocks and Beamish. I think people are saying “yes, there’s more to Ireland than this”. A good slogan for the tourist board – “Dere’s more to Oireland dan dis.”

One of his truly great oblivious rants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Autecher wrote: »
    Alan would never come to Dublin. That's where the IRA make their bombs!

And the flight costs 40 pounds!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

fryup wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

i'd love to see Steve appear as Alan on the late late sometime and in the process say offensive things about the irish

the rte switchboard would light up big time :pac:

Tubridy has a bit of Alan Partridge about him (not a compliment!)

Ipso wrote: »
    And the flight costs 40 pounds!

Yeah, I think that's what puts me off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Thargor wrote: »
    Sorry to break it to you but Michael drowned after jumping off the pier in Alpha Papa....
    At least we can be comforted by the knowledge that Michael had been reunited in Heaven with his pet monkey. The one he threw in the sea for eating all his fags. It was a big packet of 250 duty frees, like.

Advertisement