Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alan Partridge Superthread - Sponsored by Dettol

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

At least we can be comforted by the knowledge that Michael had been reunited in Heaven with his pet monkey. The one he threw in the sea for eating all his fags. It was a big packet of 250 duty frees, like.

That 'n killin

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

One more, Accidental Partridge is cheating:

https://twitter.com/AccidentalP/status/1082976637048799232

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭brian_t

I was watching Graham Norton this evening and when the Alan Partridge picture popped up I thought for a second it was a picture of Saul Goodman.

_99995221_partridge_bbcworldwide.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

This Time with Alan Partridge begins on 25th of February. Less than 3 weeks from today!!

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Cashback!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

So, do you want us to take out Sue Cook for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭MillField

Big Vern wrote: »
    So, do you want us to take out Sue Cook for you?

God no!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Watch "This Time with Alan Partridge: Trailer - BBC" on YouTube

Kiss my face! New preview

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

An Alan quote just popped into my head. I think it's from his interview with the Milky Bar Kid (Simon Pegg), who fell on hard times, and is now a rent boy. Alan is describing in detail some bizarre homosexual fantasy he has where he's in a bedroom, with a strange man who is dressed as one of the Village People

"you could cut the atmosphere with a carving knife: it was electric.....the atmosphere, not the carving knife" :pac:

I've been rewatching the entire partridge canon (again) in anticipation for the new series. This had me in tears (again) last night.

571935_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Spotted this on an Aer Lingus in-flight magazine.....

473020.png

February 25th 9:30 pm BBC 1. Cast list and brief series outline here
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2019/09/this-time-with-alan-partridge?ns_mchannel=social&ns_linkname=corporate&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_press_office

Someone I know saw the first 2 episodes at the media screening a few weeks ago and said they were as good as ever, no drop in quality which is great to hear as he loves Partridge as much as I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

From I,Partridge: Alan talks about the release of his first book Bouncing Back (5:05:41 to 5:06:10). I love Alan's total disregard for punctuation, and when he says (upon seeing his book for sale in Waterstones) "I reached out and tenderly fingered my glossy, smiling face. That might sound a bit weird, but it wasn't". :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Decent write up in the guardian this morning about the new show.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/feb/14/alan-partridge-bbc-brexit-steve-coogan

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

basically this will be a p!ss take of the one show?

fryup wrote: »
    basically this will be a p!ss take of the one show?

Pretty much!

It's Valentines Day. A day upon which Mr Al Capone ruined a romantic night out for many diners by massacring them. Died of syphilis he did, so, er, there is some justice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,579 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Autecher wrote: »
    February 25th 9:30 pm BBC 1. Cast list and brief series outline here
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2019/09/this-time-with-alan-partridge?ns_mchannel=social&ns_linkname=corporate&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_press_office

Someone I know saw the first 2 episodes at the media screening a few weeks ago and said they were as good as ever, no drop in quality which is great to hear as he loves Partridge as much as I do.

I wonder if there will be a studio audience/canned laughter, or no laughter track at all like MMM.

I wonder if there will be a studio audience/canned laughter, or no laughter track at all like MMM.
    No laugh track, it has been made to resemble The One Show and shows of that ilk in great detail.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Autecher wrote: »
    No laugh track, it has been made to resemble The One Show and shows of that ilk in great detail.

I kind of wish there a laugh track.

The BBC did an interview with Alan to promote the show.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2019/this-time-with-alan-partridge

Alan Partridge is returning to the BBC to fill in for regular presenter John Baskell as Jennie Gresham’s co-host on the popular magazine show This Time. Alan took a few minutes out of his busy schedule to tell us what we can expect...

Alan Partridge, it’s been 25 years since your last BBC presenting job.
    It has. But very soon I’ll be parking ma backside on the This Time sofa, just inches from regular host Jennie Gresham, a broadcaster I genuinely admire. If it’s not verboten to say this in the current climate, she’s the thinking man’s thinking woman and provides not just eye candy, but ear candy and even brain candy too at times. She’s that good.
    How did your return to live TV come about?
    Well, as you may have read, regular presenter John Baskell has become rendered unwell - it’s not my place to divulge the nature of his illness but I believe it’s to do with his heart, brought on by good living and his almost heroic refusal to ever exercise. So with a few days’ notice, I got the call. And although my schedule is as clogged as John’s arteries (get well, John) I consider it my public duty to stand in for as long as John is away. Anyway, it won’t be for long. If John can fight this with a fraction of the vigour he uses to fight for presenting work he knows has already been promised to other people, he’ll be on his feet again in no time.
    You’re used to helming your own shows. Have you co-presented before?
    I’ve presented daytime radio alongside a man called Simon Denton for several years. But that’s not co-presenting. In relation to me, Simon’s position contractually is one of total subordination. He’s a sidekick - at best. And he knows that.
    So no, co-presenting is not a dynamic I’m used to, but I’ve been working on a few things. So when Jennie’s reading the autocue I might turn my head to face her to simulate listening, or frown solemnly if she mentions ‘cancer’, or wait until it’s my turn to speak and then prefix it with ‘That’s right, Jennie.’ Loads of things you can do.
    How do you and Jennie get along?
    Gotta say, we’ve only just met but already we have a chemistry that sizzles like liver in a hot pan and crackles like a genuine house fire. We joke about it ourselves! I said to her, “Jennie, in the words of Grease, we go together like rama lama lama ka dinga da dinga dong.” And did she laugh! (Yes.)
    What can you tell us about the show? Are you a fan of This Time?
    If I’m honest, I’m not super-clued-up on the show itself? I’m not an avid watcher of BBC One, since I don’t like documentaries about supermarkets or period dramas featuring bonnets. But I’ve circled a bit on a This Time press release here that describes it as a '30-minute mixture of studio chat, rigorous interview, hard-hitting VTs and a generous helping of fun, covering news, issues and consumer affairs'. Whereas I’m more of a Nazi Megastructures man.
    It’s a little more serious-minded that the rest of your output.
    I’m cool with that. I pull no punches, push the envelope and punch my weight when push comes to shove - if that makes sense.
    How would you sum it up?
    Ha! Believe me, I don’t have the time to sit around thinking up marketing taglines for the show. Wish I did! But I suppose if pushed I’d say something like: if you’ve got time to give This Time your time, then it’s time to let This Time spend time making your time a good time on This Time with me, Alan Partridge and I’m sorry I’ve forgotten the woman’s name,
    Jennie Gresham.
    Thank you.
    What changes can we expect with you in the hot seat?
    And it is a hot seat. There’s an exposed bit of metal frame that cooks under the studio lights and if you sit right back and your shirt rides up, it scalds you on the back. So you just have to sit forward and/or make your shirt stays tucked in.
    And what changes can we expect?
    Fear not, I’m not going to eff with a winning formula. But I do have a phalanx of fresh ideas that’ll benefit the show no end, including the introduction of my longtime radio sidekick Simon Denton. Adept at reading out tweets and providing a sideways look at news, he’ll be our social media reader-outer.
    Anything to add?
    Not really, just please please please please please please please watch the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,918 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Great to hear Sidekick Simon and Lynn are involved!

No Michael the Geordie though, presumable still lost at sea (like the monkey he so loved...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

I hope he's careful, live tv can blow up in your face.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

loyatemu wrote: »
    Great to hear Sidekick Simon and Lynn are involved!

No Michael the Geordie though, presumable still lost at sea (like the monkey he so loved...)

All hope may not be lost for Michael yet, like

at a preview screening of the forthcoming This Time With Alan Partridge, host Emily Maitlis asked Steve Coogan: ’Dare I ask, is Michael going to make a comeback at all? Is he fully dead?’

The star replied: ‘He’s um.. well, watch this space. We’ve got plans for Michael.’

https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2019/02/12/42303/could_alan_partridges_geordie_pal_michael_be_making_a_comeback%3f

Alan's article from Radio Times. I'll post these in 4 parts because the pictures are so big!

Part 1

eXoTJNO.png

Part 2

pBDSSHD.png

• Advertisement

Part 3

qlqnRW8.png

Advertisement