Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alan Partridge Superthread - Sponsored by Dettol

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Part 4

ZYL7ZW4.png

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Rave reviews for ep 1! Best Partridge ever, not my words Lynn, the words of Radio Times magazine:

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2019-02-19/this-time-with-alan-partridge-review-bbc1/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Thargor wrote: »
    Rave reviews for ep 1! Best Partridge ever, not my words Lynn, the words of Radio Times magazine:

https://www.radiotimes.com/news/tv/2019-02-19/this-time-with-alan-partridge-review-bbc1/

Well a BBC magazine would say that about a BBC production! I'll reserve judgement. I feel Alan has been on a downwards trajectory for a while; I hope and pray this one bucks the trend.

I don't like the scenario that Alan is back on the BBC as a presenter; it's very unrealistic, especially in this day and age when TV presenters are so bland and careful not to offend, someone like Alan with his views would not get near a camera. I'd prefer it they took Alan down a step further in life; let go by North Norfolk Radio because they want to appeal to a younger audience, he starts a podcast from home, occasionally with Sidekick Simon, where he can do and say as he likes, with maybe a couple of hundred listeners. He could have very random guests, get deep into conspiracy theories, argue on social media, and air all his grievances against the media and the BBC in particular. Maybe his podcast becomes a cult hit, and gives him some fame/notoriety.

Anyways, I'm grateful for any new Partridge. Just please let it be good :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Well a BBC magazine would say that about a BBC production! I'll reserve judgement. I feel Alan has been on a downwards trajectory for a while; I hope and pray this one bucks the trend.

I don't like the scenario that Alan is back on the BBC as a presenter; it's very unrealistic, especially in this day and age when TV presenters are so bland and careful not to offend, someone like Alan with his views would not get near a camera. I'd prefer it they took Alan down a step further in life; let go by North Norfolk Radio because they want to appeal to a younger audience, he starts a podcast from home, occasionally with Sidekick Simon, where he can do and say as he likes, with maybe a couple of hundred listeners. He could have very random guests, get deep into conspiracy theories, argue on social media, and air all his grievances against the media and the BBC in particular. Maybe his podcast becomes a cult hit, and gives him some fame/notoriety.

Anyways, I'm grateful for any new Partridge. Just please let it be good :o

Is the Radio Times a bbc publication?

Anyway, I’m taking reviews with a pinch of salt and lowering my expectations. I have not really warmed to neo-Alan (apart from Scissored Isle) but I’m hopeful.

Also, the show is about Alan off-air apparently, not like KMKY so that might make it interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,918 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I don't like the scenario that Alan is back on the BBC as a presenter; it's very unrealistic, especially in this day and age when TV presenters are so bland and careful not to offend, someone like Alan with his views would not get near a camera.

Piers Morgan is still on TV, compared to him Alan is the Dalai Lama.

I don't think it's that unrealistic, the Beeb has been falling over itself not to offend Brexit voters; Alan's the perfect choice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I wonder how Forbes McAllister's family feel about the situation?

But I suppose as Alan says himself ''I wasn't the first BBC presenter to kill a man during a live broadcast and I won't be the last.''

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Well a BBC magazine would say that about a BBC production!

The BBC sold it some years back, they don't review all BBC shows in glowing terms anymore.

Here's another encouraging review
    https://www.chortle.co.uk/review/2019/02/14/42319/this_time_with_alan_partridge

Sure we'll get to see it ourselves next week, I think anyone watching it expecting "some of the best Partridge ever" as the Radio Times claimed is setting themselves up for a fall.

I wonder how Forbes McAllister's family feel about the situation?

But I suppose as Alan says himself ''I wasn't the first BBC presenter to kill a man during a live broadcast and I won't be the last.''

Alan: People forget that there were two victims that day. Me (because of everything I went through). But Forbes McAllister was also a victim, because, of course, he died.

Jill do you like me sex-wise

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Alan: People forget that there were two victims that day. Me (because of everything I went through). But Forbes McAllister was also a victim, because, of course, he died.

if its any consolation he didn't suffer, it was straight through the heart

Alan Partridge presents Mark Mathers (Patrick Marber) with an award at the 1994 Bafta Production Awards. I didn't even know this happened until someone posted it on reddit this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Watch "Alan & The Sex People - I'm Alan Partridge - BBC" on YouTube
    https://youtu.be/edESzn4JcGo

dont rub your fanny on me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Ok, just briefly catching up on this, has the new show he's in aired yet? And if yes, where is the best place to find it! Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Ok, just briefly catching up on this, has the new show he's in aired yet? And if yes, where is the best place to find it! Cheers.

No. First episode is this coming Monday on BBC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

No. First episode is this coming Monday on BBC.

Ok great, thanks.

I don't know if many people have seen this one, Alan interviewing Roger Daltrey from The Who. It's really funny and Roger is a really good actor too, which makes it even better (favourite moment: Alan suspects David Gilmour keyed his car because he got his name wrong :pac:)

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x31jgu8

Graffiti in Norwich, whoever did this is scum, sub-human scum.

zd8hxgyierh21.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,876 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Autecher wrote: »

zd8hxgyierh21.jpg

Do you know what it says on the side of my car?

Tosser?

No. Well, you're in the right ballpark...

(I love Sophie in those hotel reception scenes)

Autecher wrote: »

zd8hxgyierh21.jpg

Close enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

this monday bbc 1 9 30pm. series 1 episode 1

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Saw this video the other day and thought it was a real life Partridge moment.

That look to the camera...

Anyway looking forward to the return of the master on Monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

Is the new series sponsored by Dettol? ;)

An email Alan sent out to all BBC employees this morning

cp4ek4x0poi21.png

Someone on Reddit emailed that address and got this reply

"I’m not in the office so both cannot and will not respond to your email. If your email is urgent, perhaps you should have tried calling instead. The very fact you were content to type out your query long hand and settle back to wait for a reply suggests it can wait, even if you’ve put a red exclamation next to your email to make it stand out in my inbox. Won’t wash with me, that."

• Registered Users Posts: 19,555 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

I'm so giddy....

I'm so giddy....

*must not raise expectations, must not*

• Registered Users Posts: 72,579 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I’ve bought a chocolate orange from Rawlinsons to eat whilst watching...there is some superficial damage to the box, but it’s still edible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

"Oh, I was told you're seperated"

Advertisement