Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alan Partridge Superthread - Sponsored by Dettol

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭selwyn froggitt

Alice Clunt/Alice Fluck

LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Love the introduction/distance to subject lack of judgment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

Terrible episode

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Couple of definite LOL moments, but that was quite disappointing for the most part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Terrible episode

5/10

• Advertisement

Jenny was the best. Lynn and Simon added nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I was struck by the way more was not made of the live broadcast studio environment, it was best on the insert film. Alan walking and talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,579 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

The hacktivist reading out Alan’s internet activity :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I really enjoyed it. Totally nailed the likes of The One Show and their format.

Loved the way they compared bacteria resistant to antibiotics to an unhappy partner getting chocolates!

• Registered Users Posts: 72,579 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I really enjoyed it. Totally nailed the likes of The One Show and their format.

Loved the way they compared bacteria resistant to antibiotics to an unhappy partner getting chocolates!

I wonder what Matt Baker and Alex Jones thought of it :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Not great

Disappointed - will watch a couple more but I think he's had his day.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Hi Jean...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

humberklog wrote:
    Hi Jean...

Bye Jean.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

I was struck by the way more was not made of the live broadcast studio environment, it was best on the insert film. Alan walking and talking.

I didn't find it funny until the first Alan walk and talk and then I laughed hard. Good and bad in equal measures. I don't think much of the studio bits. Seems way too forced. 5 on 10 sadly from me. :(

Few funny moments. Some forced, unfunny moments. How could someone get the word Fluck and Clunt mixed up :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Enjoyed his tissue disposal technique.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭selwyn froggitt

"Partridge you wanker!"

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

"Delia, Guess who's big in the back time!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭dball

Alice Clunt/Alice Fluck

LOL

i thought this was the one line that made the episode stand out, it was perfectly timed and an absolute cracking line.

Then it was repeated at the end of the interview - No need for that, i thought

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,783 ✭✭✭KungPao

Was alright, like.

Needs more John the builder.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

don't know what to make of it really may have to watch it again

"bacteria multiply like randy catholic rabbits"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

Hope it improves

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

I had very low expectations for this, and it was just slightly better than anticipated, but it's still very much Alan-by-numbers these days. Coogan is still a great comedy actor, but the writing is not there anymore. The Gibbons brothers did good work with I, Partridge and Mid Morning Matters Series 1, but it's just repetitive now and the joke is wearing thin. There used to always be a triumverate of Coogan/Iannucci/Marber or Baynham, and since they have moved on, Coogan does not have equal partners to challenge him, so the quality control is not as good. He seems to be totally in charge of the character now and I don't think it's a good thing.

With regards to the episode, it's ridiculous that they have Alan on a mainstream BBC show in this day and age. It would never happen, so the concept of the show is totally off. I'll watch it because I love Partridge/Coogan, but it is making me sad that something that was once so great hasn't been funny in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

by first impressions its basically Mid Morning Matters in a TV studio,

KungPao wrote: »
    Was alright, like.

Bleachy head

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

KungPao wrote: »
    Was alright, like.

Unfortunately, I don't think the world is quite ready for View T'Kill....Eeeeehhhhh, Octopussy....Dr. Nowt :)

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭sacamano

The episode just made me wish that we got a third season of Mid Morning Matters instead of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,518 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

“.......,very creamy hands.....”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Thought it was slow to start but certainly improved as it went, some classic Partridge moments dotted throughout e.g. putting on the mask of the hacktivists face, the 'i heard you're separated' bit etc.

Advertisement