Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alan Partridge Superthread - Sponsored by Dettol

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

That was fecking brilliant, had to watch it twice, there was so much crammed in.

-Klunt/Fluck
    -The woman he spilled beer on at the peoples choice awards disagreeing with everything
    -Perving on the handwashing video
    -Simon and the touchscreen
    -Ambiguous vs predatory standing outside the toilet
    -The long awkward walks between parts of the studio
    -"Cheers for the cheap chops"

Was worried a bit at the start, I thought they were going for conventional comedy for about 5 minutes but it was perfect after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

The Brothers Gibbons are apparently working on another new Partridge Series

Neil Gibbons and Rob Gibbons, who now write the character with Coogan, revealed the separate show was about to start shooting later this spring.

Speaking on the Empire Film Podcast, they told host Chris Hewitt: ‘There are other formats on our list, one of which we're - I don't know if we can talk about it - but we're about to shoot another Partridge series.

‘We're going to film it in May for the BBC, which is Alan trying his hand at something else.’

The BBC has yet to confirm any commission.

https://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2019/03/03/42440/alan_partridge_to_make_another_bbc_series?

• Registered Users Posts: 72,579 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

‘Knowing Me, Knowing You’ on GOLD right now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

From I, Partridge, Alan talking about giving the eulogy at his mother's funeral:

'I stand before you all today to talk about a woman I can describe in just two words: my Mummy'.
    But when I started recounting how she used to let me lick the spoon when she was making cakes or gravy, it all got too much. I became so grief-stricken I barely knew what I was saying. For a while I thought I was broadcasting. Uncle Pete said that as one point I tried to introduce 'Cool for Cats' by Squeeze.

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

I hope they honour Alan's history with the BBC, and that a guest dies in the last episode of the current chat show. It will have happened to him three times then :pac: (plus two more deaths in the final episode of I'm Alan Partridge series one - Tony Hayers and his replacement Chris Feather)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I could do with cheering up. I hope today's episode does that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

I could do with cheering up. I hope today's episode does that.

Sounds to me like you need two positives.

One to cancel out the negative, and the other one just so you can have a positive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

There will be an Alan Partridge sketch for Red Nose Day on Friday March 15th.

Cashback!

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭cc

"Do I look like I suffer from panic attacks? I've had one panic attack in a car wash. It was a perfect storm of no sleep, no wife, and angry brushes whirring towards me. By the time the giant hair dryer came on, I was in the footwell."

• Advertisement

#JohnGone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Partridge does faux sincerity worse than anyone else, even Jeremy Kyle.

Poor so far I'm afraid

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Not sure which "new British comedy" I'm more dissapointed with, this or Warren....very very poor comedy...:(

I am enjoying it a lot more this week.

"Maybe you should spend more time with your kids now"

"I can't ... they've been taken into care"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

It's still a bit off, and feels like a completely different character to IAP or KMKY.

Having said that, that battle report was absolutely fantastic. I was in stitches.

It's still a bit off, and feels like a completely different character to IAP or KMKY.

Having said that, that battle report was absolutely fantastic. I was in stitches.

I've got kids!

Three marriages...question marks over conduct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Like last week taking Partridge out of the studio releases the real him in his middle years. History with a typically middle England conservative bent.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

That was genuinely hilarious from start to finish. Absolutely magnificent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Mind your toes, they might just break from curling!
    This partridge...is risen!

I love the detail in these vintage John Baskell listings

https://twitter.com/bbccomedy/status/1102690311371935744

Challenge have apparently pulled the scheduled run of Cash Chaser repeats.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I thought it was mostly great again. The shuttlecock line, the old woman with the microphone and the guy falling out of the seating especially had me in stitches. Lynn's scene was great too, and the last section was better than last weeks.

But again, they went too far with some of it. The battle scene was alright, but felt really out of place with the rest of it. It doesn't suit the type of show it's pretending to be, and especially as a guest presenter like Alan is supposed to be, they wouldn't allow him to do stuff like that. I know it's a weird thing but it just really takes you out of the premise. I'd much rather they cut to something and we see more behind the scenes stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭n!ghtmancometh

That closing was brilliant, smug grinning Partridge is always great. Very interesting as to where this will go next week, now Alan potentially has the upper hand in some #metoo type stuff.

The guy playing the history presenter was excellent too, had that sort of toff slimeball down to a tee. The line about talking about what he and his friends wanted to be when they grew up "entrepreneur, foreign secretary, all the usual stuff" was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭sacamano

Penn wrote: »
    It doesn't suit the type of show it's pretending to be, and especially as a guest presenter like Alan is supposed to be, they wouldn't allow him to do stuff like that.

That Mike Bushell guy gets up to things not far off what Partridge did so it's not that far fetched.

Alan becoming too focused on Norwich when looking at the map...

“THERE’S 50,000 KIDS!”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Was laughing out loud with the man from Sunderland interview

That closing was brilliant, smug grinning Partridge is always great. Very interesting as to where this will go next week, now Alan potentially has the upper hand in some #metoo type stuff.

The guy playing the history presenter was excellent too, had that sort of toff slimeball down to a tee. The line about talking about what he and his friends wanted to be when they grew up "entrepreneur, foreign secretary, all the usual stuff" was great.

I think that guy was based on Dan Snow

https://twitter.com/VicIsherwood/status/1102692962868301824

• Registered Users Posts: 11,938 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Skid X wrote: »
    I am enjoying it a lot more this week.

"Maybe you should spend more time with your kids now"

"I can't ... they've been taken into care"

I spend three hours in Newcastle, drinking, smoking and waiting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,518 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

The scene with the anagram written on the card,where he got the camera angles all wrong was brilliant!!!!

Advertisement