Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alan Partridge Superthread - Sponsored by Dettol

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

ricero wrote: »

:D

brilliant he out "Partridged" Partridge

• Registered Users Posts: 72,579 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Michael on ‘Pointless Celebrities’ right now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,525 ✭✭✭✭siblers

gargargar wrote: »
    I enjoy this but its not near his best mainly due to the format of the show. Of all the Alan Partridge stuff my least favourite was the Knowing Me Knowing You series. This because it sets him on a TV show and I dont think we get the best out of the character in that setting. I think the best laughs for Partridge is stuff from his 'real' life. You truly get a feel for how pathetic an individual he is.

Never really got the appeal from Knowing Me Knowing You, apart from the very last episode which was amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

On being kept awake by foxes loudly mating on his flower bed:

"Never before I had I been so irked by vulpine intimacy. I was so mad I considered fighting fire with fire: if I had a consenting adult with me (FEMALE!), I'd have gone to their den and had sex in it. And that's despite the very real danger of coming away with a dirty back"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Really benefits from a second watch. Completely missed the person falling off the seat first on first viewing. The battle scene was an absolute riot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

siblers wrote: »
    Never really got the appeal from Knowing Me Knowing You, apart from the very last episode which was amazing

The radio show of Knowing Me Knowing You is very good, plus it had a behind-the-scenes episode Knowing Knowing Me Knowing You, which sowed the seeds for I'm Alan Partridge. I don't really like having Alan confined in a studio, which is why I'm not a fan of the new show either. The best Partridge stuff is when he is not watching what he says.

MKxQHkf.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I like the new guy in the opening titles #JohnGone

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Ferajacka

Meat free lilt

You’re furious, even for a Scottish person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

The pictures on Alan's tablet. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Ferajacka

He's back to his best.

Getting one over on Ruth Duggan :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭BobbyBobberson

I have not been overly keen on this series but that mannequin going flying made me laugh!!

Young Alan in the flashback was hilarious and horrifying in equal measure.

"I never hit my kids. My wife did, and I didn't. Now she's their favourite. Riddle me that one."

Please god, say ‘Yes’ :D

Enjoyed the episode. The corporal punishment bit was one of the strongest of the season I'd say.

Going to give it another look later as I find I sometimes miss things the first time watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭micar

That was brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Wonder if that jacket is available to buy.

The problem with this programme is now we expect a parody to be based on versimlitude (sp) , to be just like the real thing but funny. This is amusing but not at all plausible as a One Show type send up as the contents simply would not get broadcast and that's why it's a misfire.

edit - Actually that could be a comedy - a confidence wracked Partridge joins successful format and over the first few epiodes ends up destroying it resulting in sacking and his grudging retaining for a new shopping channel.

Alan scrolling through the photos on the tablet made me laugh, quite literally, like a drain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

The bit with Simon was absolute comedy gold. And the bit with the Sunderland guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Alan squatting down to talk to camera, and you hear the creaks and tears of his body, accompanied by Alan's pained expression. That and "I would hunt a chicken" made me laugh. Also any shots of Alan driving are great: his facial expressions! I like that Geordie guy too. He could be a new Michael, although a bit more aggressive.

But this is piss-poor Partridge compared to the classic stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Duggie2012

I thought it was really poor again and i want to love it. Again like last week the only bit i really laughed at was when Lynn came in with his lunch. Im having a sandwich now...ha im expecting more but i dont find the rest of it funny. Ill still watch it but its way off his other stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,589 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

My best summary for it would be:

By general TV comedy show standards , it's pretty good.

By comparison to other AP shows of the past? Not a patch.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

Any Partridge on TV is better than no Partridge on TV.
    You can be sure someone, somewhere in the UK is watching the programme and doesn't realise its a skit!

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭gargargar

I thought it was the strongest so far. Quite liked the point where he is describing his ex wife as the discussions is moving on. You can hear him say "functioning alcoholic" :D

The corporal punishment piece with the back swing is classic Partridge material too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ep 3 was amazing, if it keeps improving at this rate we'll be well into classic Partridge territory soon.

Vj7Eeta.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Where did that episode come from? That was classic Partridge. I thought the rest of the season was going to struggle after ep 2 but thats a serious return to form.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Lol "No Alan keep your trousers on" :p

Advertisement