Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alan Partridge Superthread - Sponsored by Dettol

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Great episode, good progression on the series. Alan has his full time gig now and with that he has his confidence back... No more holding back

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

well tickle me pink

i'd like to tickle your pink

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Credit Checker Moose

I really liked how they doubled teamed the reporter with insults.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

50UPdGJ.jpg

rg4mh2iickl21.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Ferajacka

There's bit where he's being dynamic bending down to the camera at the start of the school section - all you hear is his knees cracking. 😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Loved his face as a child when he got smacked. The moment that would shape his life.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Was worried when the same joke with the reporter about the cars was playing out again, but loved how they twisted it so Alan got the upper hand.

The photos of the nude pregnant women followed by the pregnant orangutan followed by Noel Edmonds was insane too :D

Star of the show though was Child Alan's face. Holy sh*t that was a monstrosity :D

• Registered Users Posts: 72,579 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

_941180_rhodes150.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^

morrisey ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,650 ✭✭✭✭Penn

fryup wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^

morrisey ?

Gary Rhodes, but not sure what the connection is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Penn wrote: »
    Gary Rhodes, but not sure what the connection is

Just vaguely the haircut once upon a time I think. :)

Ferajacka wrote: »
    There's bit where he's being dynamic bending down to the camera at the start of the school section - all you hear is his knees cracking. ����
    OgAkJoT.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,918 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Just watched it now. Still really enjoying it.

Great little moment was the look of disdain the receptionist gives him in the new title sequence.

Random actor of the week: Alan's GP was Sophie's dad in Peep Show.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I thought 3 was thew best so far. I'm enjoying it over all.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think the second episode was the best one but have enjoyed all three so far. The peasant's revolt re-enactment bit was glorious.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

loyatemu wrote: »
    Just watched it now. Still really enjoying it.

Great little moment was the look of disdain the receptionist gives him in the new title sequence.

Random actor of the week: Alan's GP was Sophie's dad in Peep Show.

I love this bit! Alan is so happy to be back working at the BBC, yet the receptionist couldn't care less!!

Episode 2 is my favourite so far. But the exchange with the man from Sunderland (who was in the previous episode) in Episode 3 was brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

There's always one or two moments in each episode that gives me the fit of the giggles, mistimed walking pace compared to what he's saying or in the lastest episode the nervous quickening of his speech as he slid down the handrail.

Alan's Comic Relief sketch will be airing some time after 10:35 tonight though I'm sure it will also be on YouTube not long after.

This is the premise of the sketch

"Recently making a triumphant return to the corporation he left in infamy in the early Nineties, North Norfolk Digital DJ and tan string-back driving-glove enthusiast Alan Partridge (Steve Coogan) will bring his experience to the fore alongside the redoubtable Sidekick Simon (Tim Key).

The dynamic duo hope to tug the heartstrings with a thought-provoking docu-feature about their efforts to raise money for Comic Relief on the mean streets of Norfolk."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Alan's sausage sandwich song has stuck in my head. Damn it!

Alan's sausage sandwich song has stuck in my head. Damn it!
    Ever since episode 1 I've had "after the pee or poo has landed, please make sure that you're clean handeeeeeeeeed" on constant rotation in my head. I often sing it out loud when in my car by myself.

• Advertisement

Thought it was terrible. watched Black Adder 2 last night for the first time in a number of years- has stood the test of time and LOL'ed at lot throughout. I don't think I'll be watching re-runs of this series in 30+ years time.

An oldie but a goodie. More laughs in this 10mins than the entire new series :P

More laughs in this 10mins than the entire new series :P
    :p:p:pac::pac:

anigif_enhanced-buzz-15261-1374663536-4.gif

"You and I share a common language
    when you and I ate a sausage sandwich."

'The Sandwich'
    These Anglian Men
    © Alan Partridge 1979

They went live to Alan to preview his Comic Relief segment.

Here it is. This will make sense when you watch it. PRíCK!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

"let's get some more congee's"

• Registered Users Posts: 72,579 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

“Back to Stench and Fraunders...whoever’s doing it this year.”

Interview with Susannah Fielding

Good Christ, she's gorgeous :eek: I wonder does Alan think this when he is sat beside her?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Advertisement