Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alan Partridge Superthread - Sponsored by Dettol

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

really liked it. was in stitches at the ira songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭steve_r

The reaction of the bond guy during the credits!
    34 seconds in the link below

https://twitter.com/officialkappa99/status/1107764372657618947

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

James Bond just sitting, not impressed

"Come On, Simon!"

https://twitter.com/hughesms/status/1107766925776613377

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Tears running down my face watching the end of that. Wife in stitches as well. Just brilliant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

The CPR scene FFS
    Come on Eileen
    The knockers on Eileen ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,579 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Up there with ‘Youth Hostelling With Chris Eubank’!

D1-VHM2WoAIuB4F?format=jpg&name=small

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Made the same point after last weeks episode. It's literally unbroadcastable.

It's not real

As Monk says Harry, its a behind the scenes look at the making of a daytime show. Not everything we see will make the cut to the real broadcast. End product will be quite sanitised, but its a good insight into what goes into making one of those shows that are really polished as we see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Isn't Michael dead?
    Maybe, maybe not.
    Schrödinger's Geordie

Lookalike was very like Alan uncanny wonder where they found him think he is really Irish

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Brilliant!

Only Steve Coogan can do an irish accent, easy to know he spent many a summer holiday in the whest of ireland

*love the attention to detail - the weathered face, gammy eye & teeth and ol'fella dress sense :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,518 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Ah it gets funnier the more I watch it,class!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Lookalike was very like Alan uncanny wonder where they found him think he is really Irish

It's almost as if they used some costumes, makeup and false teeth and a world class mimicker of accents to play the part.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,579 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

D1-SY0gX0AMqpDm?format=jpg&name=small

D1-SY0gX0AIjnPi?format=jpg&name=small

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

"Mighty" :D

Coogan always seemed very knowledgeable about Irish stuff in his comedy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

As Monk says Harry, its a behind the scenes look at the making of a daytime show. Not everything we see will make the cut to the real broadcast. End product will be quite sanitised, but its a good insight into what goes into making one of those shows that are really polished as we see them.

it's parodying the One Show which is live. It has its moments but the conceit isn't as well realised as say the Day Today or even Broken News a show which nearly everyone has forgotten.

Dante7 wrote: »
    It's almost as if they used some costumes, makeup and false teeth and a world class mimicker of accents to play the part.

My wife thought it was coogan playing Irish lookalike couldn't be Alan was sitting beside him the whole scene

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^

split screen effect

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭brian_t

My wife thought it was coogan playing Irish lookalike couldn't be Alan was sitting beside him the whole scene

The wonders of modern technology.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

"Ah, that was grand, lads.

Double O Feckin Bollix!"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,695 ✭✭✭brian_t

fryup wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^

split screen effect
    But he handed Alan the box with the turtle.

• Advertisement

Martin's jumper and mismatched shirt and tie under the suit jacket! The level of attention to detail. It's probably only Irish people who will get the genius of that sketch.

It was obviously Coogan, not hard to have the same actor playing 2 characters in a scene with SFX, look at Adam Sandler films.

They made a slight adjustment to his eyes aswell as the teeth and it was exactly what you'd see on some auld lad in a pub in Galway, it was uncanny :D

Martin's jumper and mismatched shirt and tie under the suit jacket! The level of attention to detail. It's probably only Irish people who will get the genius of that sketch.
    Thats what I mean about the eyes.

Thargor wrote: »
    It was obviously Coogan, not hard to have the same actor playing 2 characters in a scene with SFX, look at Adam Sandler films.

They made a slight adjustment to his eyes aswell as the teeth and it was exactly what you'd see on some auld lad in a pub in Galway, it was uncanny :D

Noway that was coogan playing the Irish lookalike

Was good alright. He broke out his brown stripy tie, that was actually fashionable back about 1974.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,008 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Noway that was coogan playing the Irish lookalike

Course it was Coogan

Thargor wrote: »
    Thats what I mean about the eyes, it was uncanny.

It was three minutes of pure genius. Probably took months to write and perfect. I'm waiting for some gobshïte to complain about racism and stereotyping.

It was three minutes of pure genius. Probably took months to write and perfect. I'm waiting for some gobshïte to complain about racism and stereotyping.

Joe Duffy could be in the case tomorrow

I'm waiting for some gobshïte to complain about racism and stereotyping.

Wont happen. Racism and stereotyping are fine when its as funny as that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement