Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alan Partridge Superthread - Sponsored by Dettol

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,935 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ooooh...I’d like to kiss her.
    Fascinating creature...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

The "H" pronunciation that Partridge gets annoyed about seems to have been missed. He gets really annoyed about Martin's supposed mispronunciation between "Aitch" and "Haitch". I liked that. He didn't do the obvious "three" and "tree" routine.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The delivery of "HA HA" is just so funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

sirmanga wrote: »
    Coogan's Irish impersonation was almost perfect. It would have been flawless if he had said "telly" instead of "TV". But that's just nitpicking. It was brilliant.

and also if he had been wearing a pioneer pin it would have added to the authenticity of the man's culchiness :)

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭kifi

One of the funniest items I've seen since Fr Ted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,353 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Dante7 wrote: »
    The "H" pronunciation that Partridge gets annoyed about seems to have been missed. He gets really annoyed about Martin's supposed mispronunciation between "Aitch" and "Haitch". I liked that. He didn't do the obvious "three" and "tree" routine.
    I enjoyed that too.
    An Aitch..... Did I put in a Haitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

fryup wrote: »
    sirmanga wrote: »
    Coogan's Irish impersonation was almost perfect. It would have been flawless if he had said "telly" instead of "TV". But that's just nitpicking. It was brilliant.

and also if he had been wearing a pioneer pin it would have added to the authenticity of the man's culchiness :)
    I've got a feeling that the bold Martin never did get round to taking the pledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,920 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Just watched it, what a fantastic episode, the CPR section had me in tears, and then the finale!

Smaller pleasures - the expressions on Coogan's face when he's bantering on the sofa; his performance is so good.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

The tone of the show took a couple of episodes to land for me, but now its in full swing. It's a shame there's only two left, but this needs another season.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,262 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Thargor wrote: »
    Jennie is fecking stunning btw, how have we never seen that actress anywhere else?

She seems to have done a fair bit of voice acting in games. She was Shani in Witcher 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

just realised the bond guy was called trevor Mortimer
    rlol he is a famous mayo gaa player as well

Steve Wright is his name

https://danielcraiglookalike.co.uk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

I was expecting a Partridge aside to it when he got to the 'sweet sixteen' finish, along the lines of (in best Alan accent) : "Sixteen. Thats underage. Still, must point out its a different jurisdiction. Its the West of Ireland too. Dont judge".

"When you were barely legal"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,920 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

another great moment, the look of sadness on Alan's face after he set Sidekick Simon up with the production assistant
    "Look after him"

Simon's the son he never had (except for his actual son Fernando obviously).

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Ferajacka

Can't remember the context but he uses the line the something was on "Shakey ground" Standing under a "Thin ice" sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,307 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Ooooh...I’d like to kiss her.

Ooooooh, I'd have it off with her.

That "HA-HA" gets me every time.

It's "Ah-ha", there's no (h)aitch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

That "HA-HA" gets me every time.

It's "Ah-ha", there's no (h)aitch
    It's really quite brilliant. Alan is synonymous with that saying and to deviate from it's expression in a manner that takes the utter piss out of him is extremely clever.

I love the way Martin shouts it at him. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I watched it again last night and I love how you pick up things you didn't first time around. One thing I didn't notice on first viewing - was Coogan the voice of Rose, the 100 year old woman? I have a feeling he was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Ray Bloody Purchase

I watched it again last night and I love how you pick up things you didn't first time around. One thing I didn't notice on first viewing - was Coogan the voice of Rose, the 100 year old woman? I have a feeling he was.

Some has mentioned here that he was. I cannot confirm it though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

When his tech guy joins in slagging Alan.
    He'd probably try milk the bull loads of bits missed first time around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

dunno if this is true but

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9789994/trivia?ref_=tt_trv_trv
    Trivia

Matt Lucus is the voice of the centenarian lady on the phone in.

yer man from little britain
    220px-Matt_Lucas_by_Gage_Skidmore.jpg

The tiny bits get me, when they are not overdone, like he had a little wobble on that tree stump he was perched on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

I love the little nod of the head Martin and Alan exchange when James Bond is talking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

I didn't put my hand in my pocket the whole time I've been here.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Love it when Alan tries to get Martin to stop singing.

Its a montage of guards dogs attacking people set to 'Hungry like the Wolf' by Duran Duran...its really great TV!!

His face when he says its great TV!

The effort at a hand clap as well, when they are singing!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

“If you want to pay me 500 pound to jibber and jabber I’ll take yer money.”

“That’s just a standard fee”

“It’s not HAHA it’s AHA, and I haven’t said that for years.”

“Yes you have. You said it last year trying to get into the Jonnie Walker tent at Silverstone.”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

“It’s not HAHA it’s AHA, and I haven’t said that for years.”

“Yes you have. You said it last year trying to get into the Jonnie Walker tent at Silverstone.”

If you are going to get angry, would you mind being angry down the center of the table please. Thank you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,457 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Mod note: I've had to delete a couple of posts sharing illegal copies of this show.

Do not share these links. It's clear in the charter.

“There are 14,000 centenarians in Britain. That’s enough to fill the Birmingham NEC Arena. Although they’d presumably need a lot more toilets.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

pixelburp wrote: »
    Mod note: I've had to delete a couple of posts sharing illegal copies of this show.

Do not share these links. It's clear in the charter.
    Don't despair Alan fans.

Check out www.crash-bang-wallop-what-a-video.com to purchase official Peartree Productions DVDs.

Also, official Alan Partridge masks are available in all good novelty shops and Welcome Break service stations in the south-east. However, it must be pointed out that these fun items are not to be abused.

Advertisement