Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alan Partridge Superthread - Sponsored by Dettol

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

loyatemu wrote: »
    another great moment, the look of sadness on Alan's face after he set Sidekick Simon up with the production assistant
    "Look after him"

Simon's the son he never had (except for his actual son Fernando obviously).

I had to look up the song that was UK number 1 when I was born and it was Fernando! first thing I thought was AP's son must be my age!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Find out who booked them and sack her.

Thargor wrote: »
    Jennie is fecking stunning btw, how have we never seen that actress anywhere else?

She is stunning. There's something I saw her in...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭jooksavage

Thargor wrote: »
    Jennie is fecking stunning btw, how have we never seen that actress anywhere else?

One of the tabloids recently printed some steamy stills from a show she was in a few years ago. DIRTY GETS.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

any links ?? ;)

• Advertisement

Dante7 wrote: »
    Find out who booked them and sack her.

Only noticed that little bit of sexism now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,026 ✭✭✭Call me Al

We watched it last night. I loved how it swerved from the slightly odd to very odd and ended up on a scale of bizarre you just couldn't have ever expected for BBC1.

Those rebel songs came so far out of left field, with James Bond sitting right beside him lol

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

fryup wrote: »
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

any links ?? ;)

giphy.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

''Morning Susan''

''Ahaaaaaawww''

WATCH IT!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Didn't Alan say the doll was 35kg? So quite life-like...I shudder to think what Alan did to that doll when he was at his fattest and physically repulsive to women (whilst in the throes of a very serious toblerone addiction) pacman.gif

Off topic, there's a bit in one of his books, where he talks about going to the toilet in the middle of the night when he was obese, and "flanneling sweat from his under-carraige" in the darkness pacman.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

The more I watch the Martin Brennan piece, the more I appreciate the interview before the RA songs. The songs were the immediate punch in the face comedic element that delivered straight away. But for me, the real genius is in the subtleties and and attention to detail with Martin. Every line is just so perfectly crafted.

"I've a friend in County Kildare does them, but you talk to me"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

pixelburp wrote: »
    Mod note: I've had to delete a couple of posts sharing illegal copies of this show.

Do not share these links. It's clear in the charter.

"Can I post links to illegal copies of this show?"

"No"

"Please?"

"No, you can't"

"Well, there's no need for that! I only wanted to post a couple of links!"

"You can't!"

"You've done it again! You've said it again!"

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jeju

"Remember... always wash the mouth piece before storing away"

• Registered Users Posts: 72,579 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Oh god...

sun-8.jpg

Man Martin Brennan was a genius move. It's everywhere now. He's " back in the bigtiiiiimmmmmme "

• Registered Users Posts: 33,589 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I wonder did Steve Coogan think it would go this big?
    Did he do it with the aim of going viral?

I personally doubt it, I think it was just another skit he wrote.

NIMAN wrote: »
    I wonder did Steve Coogan think it would go this big?
    Did he do it with the aim of going viral?

I personally doubt it, I think it was just another skit he wrote.
    I'd say he knew it was winner but it landed like a nuke!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

He got them by the jaffas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,578 ✭✭✭jaykay74

I just hope no one takes it too far and defaces his car with some graffiti as revenge. Maybe something like c0ck p1ss Partridge or the likes.

Although if anyone is targeted maybe it should be the booking agent takes the flak but maybe she was fired anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

jaykay74 wrote: »
    I just hope no one takes it too far and defaces his car with some graffiti as revenge. Maybe something like c0ck p1ss Partridge or the likes.

Although if anyone is targeted maybe it should be the booking agent takes the flak but maybe she was fired anyway.

“Vandals got your car again Alan?”

“Scum. Subhuman scum.”

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭jace_da_face

Why is this clip not up on YouTube?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Man Martin Brennan was a genius move. It's everywhere now. He's " back in the bigtiiiiimmmmmme "

I want an episode where Alan goes to Sligo as a guest of Martin. I believe Martin did invite him.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Dante7 wrote: »
    The more I watch the Martin Brennan piece, the more I appreciate the interview before the RA songs. The songs were the immediate punch in the face comedic element that delivered straight away. But for me, the real genius is in the subtleties and and attention to detail with Martin. Every line is just so perfectly crafted.
    And perfectly timed. Which must have been a bit difficult, given that he had to record the two parts separately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Mick McCarthy doing a Ha-Ha (or an Ah-ha, if you insist) in the Sun photo is a nice touch for the afficionados.

HA HA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

HA HA

you put in a h

Another Alan clip that perhaps many have never seen before
    (how do they not laugh)

• Advertisement

And another live skit with Simon Pegg

Advertisement