Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alan Partridge Superthread - Sponsored by Dettol

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Worst episode of the series I think. Genuinely didn't laugh out loud once. Just a few smirks. Disappointing after last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,579 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

“Let’s hire some Albanians to f**k him up.”

• Registered Users Posts: 33,589 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Probably least funny of series.

Hard to compete with Martin Brennan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Beard Splitter. :p

NIMAN wrote: »
    Probably least funny of series.

Hard to compete with Martin Brennan

Let’s be honest, it was never going to beat the end of last week’s episode.

“I don’t want my hair to look like a cross between Margaret Thatcher and a brown cloud.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Needed more Martin Brennan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Deffo taking the piss out of Michael Portillo.

D2iU5tDXQAEJrYB?format=jpg&name=small

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

Worst episode of the series I think. Genuinely didn't laugh out loud once. Just a few smirks. Disappointing after last week.

I did laugh loudly at Alan getting voluntarily crushed between the bookshelves, then her asking "shall i release u now Alan?" and him replying with a winded "yeah" :) the rest of it was okay. The format of the show wastes Alan, Lynn, Simon, even Jennie. Much better when they are interacting without an audience. I'd prefer to see them before and after the shows, when the cameras are off them. Bizarre decison to bring Alan back on a BBC show like this, given the character's history.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

D2iU5tDXQAEJrYB?format=jpg&name=small

Who the Hell is that ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

I did laugh loudly at Alan getting voluntarily crushed between the bookshelves, then her asking "shall i release u now Alan?" and him replying with a winded "yeah" :)

didn't really get that gag..was Alan getting perverse pleasure by being squashed between the two bookshelves or something along those lines?

And yes, lots of people on twitter have re-reversed what Alan said to ‘Mrs. Magoo’

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

I really enjoyed that episode. Some dud moments but some real lol moments. The lips at the end! :p He looked like Pete Burns.

“Clantily Scad”

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

My favourite episode so far I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

as usual i think i have to watch it a second time to catch those subtle gags

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

fryup wrote: »
    didn't really get that gag..was Alan getting perverse pleasure by being squashed between the two bookshelves or something along those lines?

I think it was a mix of perversion and curiosity. That thought always occurs to me when i see those rolling shelves "imagine getring trapped in there". Alan did have some curiosity about that too, but wanted to get crushed to an extreme level. There were barely a few inches between the bookcases when she had finished turning the wheel. I thought he'd be as flat as a pancake, but he came bounding out, with a smile on his face. Definitely something kinky going on there! I love how he was there to talk about the history of swear words, but immediately forgot that when he saw the rolling shelves. He was like a cat when they see a box: they just have to get in it :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

...a more palatable Caitlin Moran.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

utter brilliance 5 mins in. his ladyboy fancies in peter. his pc feminist overload cud be darcy moncrief turgidy etc

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭sacamano

My favourite episode so far I think.

Up there with the second and third ones for me. I think the Martin Brennan segment rescued last week's episode as it was mediocre up until that point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭RobTheLad

“Clantily Scad”

Tash hag

the loon feminist when alan says i have been sexually harassssed

• Registered Users Posts: 14,920 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Anyone notice, the receptionist in the title sequence is now smiling at him :)

cmon guys we are better than that

literally said by darcy last year

the breakdown of brilliant comedy jokes that are now verboten to feminists is epic

I never get tired of Alan’s awkward, clunky walk over to Simon :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

The lips and choice of song at the end gave me cramps from laughing

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭rodders999

He couldn’t let the fuel injector thing go, it was tearing him apart.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

Id say ray Darcy was cringing watching the program last night.
    He is just fake as Alan with his feminism

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,009 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

fryup wrote: »

No

Advertisement