Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alan Partridge Superthread - Sponsored by Dettol

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72,461 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Eat puddings till you bloat, then it's fingers down the throat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

Format just doesn’t work.

The Bourne Contingency

• Registered Users Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Final episode? weakest of the series I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I would watch Jumble! with Lynn Benfield

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

That episode didn't work for me. Thought it was the weakest of the series. :(

Do want a second series though.

“Blackrod! Are you black, Rod?”

“Yes.”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

The first few minutes (Jenny walking off/Alan struggling with the two auto cues ) were probably the best moments of the series, then it went downhill again. I didnt laugh once after those first few minutes. Alan is getting to be really annoying too. When he is unchallenged and successful he is a nightmare. He needs obstacles, and other people who are not cowed by him to make it funny. A cocky Alan is a total nightmare to spend time with.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

is the woman still on the cliff ledge?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Few lols towards the end but weak enough. I did lol at the sleep section. I think that happened in most episodes; at least one good section among mediocrity.

Overall I'll give the series 6/10.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭rodders999

I know what your game is, you’re trying to use flannel and waffle to avoid answering difficult questions until we’re out of time, well newsflash, ain’t going to happen, wait, no, it has happened.

Gentlemen, thank you very much.

You sneaky so and sos.

Classic Partridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,538 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

series 10 10 because most television is utter sht. marty Morrissey by de rte dancing with clowns wtf? 1 second of alan is better than most of all tv in 2019.
    we live in a world of idiots cretins and people who are so offended they can't get out of bed. wd need alan and the likes of larry david to get to the end.
    btw jennies facial expressions were so epic compared to simons amateur hour (which i love)
    steve coogan martin brennan... i salute u

To cleanse the palate from the **** sandwich that this series was, here's a bit from I,Partridge:

Chapter 22: Homelessnessness

I bade my farewell to the Linton Travel Tavern in the only way I knew: by taking my luggage to the car and paying my outstanding balance with a credit card. I was touched that Duty Manager Susan had taken the trouble to see me off/take my payment.

'There's your receipt, Alan,' she said. I could tell she was keen to chat.

'Six months, eh?' I continued, commenting on the duration of my stay in the hotel. 'That's almost long enough to gestate a baby.' For a few seconds we embraced, or rather our hands did. Finally with the handshake over I got into my car, made sure it was in neutral, turned the engine on, found the biting point, checked my mirrors, indicated to pull out, released the handbrake and drove away. I'd also put my seat-belt on...

Just rewatched last week's metoo episode. Best of the series by far. Lovely stuff.

To cleanse the palate from the **** sandwich that this series was, here's a bit from I,Partridge:

Chapter 22: Homelessnessness

I bade my farewell to the Linton Travel Tavern in the only way I knew: by taking my luggage to the car and paying my outstanding balance with a credit card. I was touched that Duty Manager Susan had taken the trouble to see me off/take my payment.

'There's your receipt, Alan,' she said. I could tell she was keen to chat.

'Six months, eh?' I continued, commenting on the duration of my stay in the hotel. 'That's almost long enough to gestate a baby.' For a few seconds we embraced, or rather our hands did. Finally with the handshake over I got into my car, made sure it was in neutral, turned the engine on, found the biting point, checked my mirrors, indicated to pull out, released the handbrake and drove away. I'd also put my seat-belt on...

Ur a a mentalist!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭sacamano

I’ll miss this series...in a way.

Ur a a mentalist!

It's very funny but it's quite hateful :D

please dont take my chat away!

de bbc are trolling us bbc 2 doc on body clock what makes us sleep

• Advertisement

Few lols towards the end but weak enough. I did lol at the sleep section. I think that happened in most episodes; at least one good section among mediocrity.

Overall I'll give the series 6/10.

Compared to what's on TV nowadays, I'd give it a 6/10 too. Comparing it to the best of Partridge, I'd give it 1/10, and I'm forcing myself to even give it one. Not happy at all with what they're doing with the character.

The first few minutes tonight were believable, and funny. Jenny getting pissed off with Alan, Alan being a complete dick back, but also him panicking when she walked off. Jenny even asked him how on earth did he get the gig? Even a character on the show wants to know this! I'll miss Jenny in her tight skirts and dresses, but that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭sacamano

Still going on about the believability of this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭furiousox

He was quite horrible at the start of the show, Partridge was always a clown but he was never that nasty & spiteful before.
    Strange thing to do to the character.

CPL 593H

sacamano wrote: »
    Still going on about the believability of this?

Still going on about me going on about the believability of this? :P You could just ignore me. I guess I like stories to make sense. Call me Mr. Picky!

furiousox wrote: »
    He was quite horrible at the start of the show, Partridge was always a clown but he was never that nasty & spiteful before.

Alan has been a complete **** many times in the past, it's only recently that they have tried to make him more mellow. He is a horrible character: ignorant, a bully and quite narcissistic. And I loved him when he was like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

As someone else pointed out, they never really gave Jenny much of a character/story in this, so if there had been some more apparent animosity building up over the episodes, that nastiness at the start would have made more sense.

Still a decent episode. Enjoyed the series and I'd give it somewhere between a 6 and 7 on ten.

furiousox wrote: »

Agreed. It seemed to come out of nowhere and it meant we didn’t have Jennifer for the rest of the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Ferajacka

The spat with Jenny seemed to come out of nowhere, as they seemed to be getting along in the last few episodes. But this showed partridge for what he really is.
    The only funny bit out of that was on the back of the #me too episode he reverted back to a sexist pig straight away. I only got that as a joke after the fact.
    All these need a rewatch but I thought it It was a good laugh last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭steve_r

Agreed. It seemed to come out of nowhere and it meant we didn’t have Jennifer for the rest of the show.

They didn't build up to it at all.

Thought the episode was 6/10 at best, and the same for the whole series.

Really think the tv format doesn't suit the character, huge amount of forgettable segments and recurring jokes that came to nothing in the end.

• Advertisement

The possibility of a second series...with Ruth Duggan replacing Jennie :D

Advertisement