Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apple Education Discount Help?!?

• 05-04-2016 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hey

Friday I was talking to a chat representative on the apple store.
    I told him I was a music teacher teaching guitar private(which I am).

He said it was no problem that I could use the education discount.
    I asked him was any proof needed, which he said no proof was needed.

I go to order today and to make sure I ask someone else on chat. and am told I have 31 days to prove I am a teacher in a institute or else I will have to pay the full cost.

I do know people who ordered and were never asked at all for any proof.

Has anyway ordered and was not asked to give any proof? or pay the full cost after items were delivered and no proof of identification was received?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

The way it used to work was that no proof was required at checkout but they would carry out random checks. Basically your order would be put on a hold and you'd receive a call asking you to email or fax them a copy of your student ID, etc.

Things have changed a bit since then. University discounts now go through campus.ie, for example. But I assume the regular student discount still works the same way.

Advertisement