Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung TV on the blink - looking for advice

• 05-04-2016 7:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

It looks like the display is acting up. Samsung TV, model number Le40r86wdx/xeu. I have pics I can post.

Are there any places that repair TV's in Dublin?

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭shnaek

The authorised places will have a look at it and give you a quote for no cost. Not sure who they are in Dublin, but get in touch with Samsung and they'll tell you pretty quickly.
    Not impressed with Samsung at all myself - 2 TV's gone on the blink on me and they are just over 2 years old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

I was actually advised in Harvey Normans to stay clear of Samsung...i was always under the impression there one of the better makes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭sundodger5

Can you describe what its doing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,526 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

fryup wrote: »
    I was actually advised in Harvey Normans to stay clear of Samsung...i was always under the impression there one of the better makes

Don't believe a word of what you're told by a sales guy in an electrical shop, he's just trying to steer you to the brand or model that gives him better commission. It's a measure of how they can get away spouting complete BS that your fellow attempted to smear one of the biggest manufacturers of TVs in the world.

Rubbishing the brands they don't want you to buy is a standard sales tactic and happens all the time in places like tyre shops and electrical stores and has nothing to do with the performance or reliability of the brand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Samsung 42" Lcd 8 years old now, no problems.

• Advertisement
Advertisement