Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE NXT at the 3arena, Dublin, June 14th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

On the topic of the supposedly poor sales the show in Belfast was well enough attended, didn't sell out as there were some empty seats here and there but it was near enough their expectations. (They were using just under half of the SSE.)

Just noticed that this was on today and had a look for tickets. Looks like only section G is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

danjob1987 wrote: »
    Diceys €2 drinks all day and night..

Where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭danjob1987

Where?

Diceys on Harcourt Street

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

Cant wait for tonight, way more exited for this compared to any other WWE event I have been to since 2004/5. There are no poor wrestlers superstars there tonight, they are all great in the ring.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Main thin I am looking forward to is the atmosphere from the audience. I am hoping (perhaps naively) that tonight, the crowd will be way more vibrant and excited than the usual kiddies who sit on their hands till Cena comes out.

I expect to be hoarse tomorrow from the singalongs a :P

• Advertisement

Lads, I just checked my tickets and it actually doesnt have a show time on them? :confused: Says doors are 6:30, and going off what usually happens, that means show 7:30, but does anyone have a show time from an actual source?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I may have to be surgically removed from Nakamura's leg tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Lads, I just checked my tickets and it actually doesnt have a show time on them? :confused: Says doors are 6:30, and going off what usually happens, that means show 7:30, but does anyone have a show time from an actual source?

Belfast tickets were the same, IIRC it was the usual deal with the show proper starting at 7:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 dmahady

Anyone here interested in a free XL 'We Are NXT' t-shirt? It's new and unworn and I have no use for it. If you want it just find me and ask me before the show tonight. I'll be wearing a red Nakamura shirt and I have a short black beard and short hair. I'll probably drape the NXT shirt over my shoulder so I can be identified.

First come, first served and all that.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

found my nWo t-shirt :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭danjob1987

dmahady wrote: »
    Anyone here interested in a free XL 'We Are NXT' t-shirt? It's new and unworn and I have no use for it. If you want it just find me and ask me before the show tonight. I'll be wearing a red Nakamura shirt and I have a short black beard and short hair. I'll probably drape the NXT shirt over my shoulder so I can be identified.

First come, first served and all that.

I'll find you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭wolfpac

Anyone getting the train home?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Enjoy it folks. Despite having a ticket I won't make it as I'm under the weather :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Couldn't make the trip down either since I was let down at the last minute for a way down left with no other option but to stay home. :(

I'd say it'll be a class night, hope ye all enjoy the hell out of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

I'm be the one in the cheap seats with the New Japan t-shirt :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

About 5 rows back from the ring, really great night and atmosphere so far. Bastards to tease us with a tag title match though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Depressing myself now searching through all the tweets. Looked like a great night.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

That. Was. Brilliant.

Well, that was incredible.

Card off the top of my head...

Hugo Knox beat Tye Dillinger
    Cien beat Wesley Blake
    American Alpha beat...some Mad Max looking dudes.
    No Way Jose beat Austin Ares.
    Asuka beat Peyton Royce
    Nakamura beat Bobby Roode
    Bayley/Carmella beat Nia Jax/Alexa Bliss
    Joe beat Finn.

I worry I mixed up the match order somewhat there, but anyway. What a phenomenal show. Just absolutely brilliant. Crowd were red hot, loads of great chants.

Favorite was some lad screaming "You can't wrestle" at Ares who proceeded to chain wrestle Jose, before eyeballing the guy. Crowd booed the guy too. Was funny. Loads of really funny moments though. "Murphy's better" at Blake...and then Bliss. Singing Nakamura's theme, and then one guy screaming "Sorry Bobby, we don't know your theme yet!" Loads of "**** em up", chants (to the horror of the parent with 3 little kids in front of me). One of the Mad Max guys doing a dreadful running splash, and the crowd chanting "What was that?" at him. Incredible reactions for AA, Bayley, Finn...

...and the Nakamura/Roode match. **** me, what an atmosphere. Crowd were so up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Who got the biggest pop of the night would you say?

• Advertisement

Who got the biggest pop of the night would you say?

Finn or Nakamura. People were very hyped for the Nakamura/Roode match and for the combo of two guys, but then there was "Stand up if you love Balor" chants twice, and everyone stood up to cheer. Both matches, the crowd were non-stop making noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Reading this is upsetting me haha wish I could have gone

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

was good. 7/10 for me. Fun tight matches.
    Roode - Nakamura was a lot of fun. Weird seeing Roode come in and job though :p
    Asuka is tremendous. A lot of ability and a good gimmick
    The womens tag match - meh. Heres the problem with Nia Jax, shes too big. In the mens division you can get away with the big guy/small guy match ups but in womens wrestling it kinda looks silly. They literally have nothing to do against her except kick, punch and choke her so the matches just lose all sense of flow and purpose which is what makes womens wrestling great - fast transitions with acrobatic moves. A powerhouse just makes it look silly :s

The chants and atmosphere were great, some hilarious ones. The only thing that ruined it for me in this department was what I can only describe as a memeing retard sitting behind me and my friend shouting out 'random' sh*t which he thought was hilarious. He also called Nia Jax "Dr. Robotnick", a "man" and "a fatass". This guy was about 23 - 25 stone and is a close friend of the ugly tree and if Nia Jax touched him he would cream his pants. Loser. Wrestling is great, events are great - but some of the fans, christ, socially retarded ar$eholes.
    I REALLY wanted HHH to come out at the end but alas, it was not to be.
    American Alphas btw - wow. hadnt seen much of them before, they have it

Nakamura and the Alphas stole the show for me. Brought a non fan along and he was all about the Alphas. The Gable/Jordan chant was amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

Shinsuke's on fire, Bobby Roode is terrified!

Double C wrote: »
    Shinsuke's on fire, Bobby Roode is terrified!

I stand corrected!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

I stand corrected!

And so you should :)

Double C wrote: »
    And so you should :)

Well, I was standing and singing that, if it's any consolation!

Wait a second..Double C, I DONT BELIEVE IT

"WE" brought along...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

It was very unique atmosphere compared to what you normally get at normal WWE house show.

A lot more non pg and smarky chants.

Advertisement