Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE NXT at the 3arena, Dublin, June 14th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Double C

Wait a second..Double C, I DONT BELIEVE IT

"WE" brought along...

Yep I was standing right next to ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Best show I've ever been at bar none. The crowd were smart but not muppets and not self indulgent. Really appreciative and receptive.

Nakamura is a boss level dude. I wish to make love to him. The talent as a whole were great and seemed to enjoy themselves. Was a million miles better than any RAW Live Tour. Superb vibe all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭LightsStillOn

Unbelievable. If you were there you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Great night all round.

Due to the smaller crowd it didn't take long to get in and more room to walk around. That being said the one t-shirt stall on the bottom floor was swamped in no time. For 450 euro's you could get a NXT replica belt that didn't look all that great.

The show was great. The announcer (don't know how name) was hot but talked a bit to much like a valley girl. I thought Aries & Tye losing were bad choices, along with Tye playing heel, people love him.

The worst thing was the massive tunc right behind me. Spent most of the night chatting loudly to her mate beside (She had to shout as the wrestling show was getting in the way of her chat to her mate) and then would randomly shout as loud as she could "funny" things at the wrestlers. "You have a nice ass" "Do you want a cup of tea" to the laughter of only herself. These were 70 euro seats? why the hell did she come?

Saw some of the OTT lads there. Including one of the lads from the flats.

Didn't ruin the show and hopefully they will come back. The whole front was filled and little bit of the stands. But the whole back was empty and that was with a lot of it closed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

What a show! Definitely the best WWE show I've been to since Raw came over in 2004, and blows the current Raw/Smackdown tours out of the water. I seen Raw last november, it was more like a day at the zoo with all the families, last night was a wrestling show for actual wrestling fans.

Delighted I wasn't the only person with a 10 sign :D
    There was no bad match, for in ring action Roode v Nakamura was probably the best match, but overall I had to give it to Joe V Bálor as the atmosphere was electric.

Really hope they come back, I've never seen the 3 arena so empty, just hope its financially viable for them to return.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Well that was brilliant.

For the most part, I stopped watching wrestling and would usually read the results after Raw and Smackdown. Would catch the odd PPV too.

NXT last was like a trip back in time. I marked out like a little schoolgirl for Shinsuke, Finn and American Alpha. My voice is sore, I'm wrecked but it was worth every penny to be ringside for it.

There wasn't a single match I didn't enjoy. The crowd were very hot, but I did hear one or two morons who thought they were completely hilarious. The Gable/Jordan chant was great as was the Bayley's going to hug you. I'm half dead after the Balor match. The house was crazy.

Tye was great - lots of Ten chants and signs. Good humour in the Cien v Blake match, the latter really working with the crowd - The PA system went mad and the crowd were chanting "you fcuked up" to which he replied "stop blaming me" before trying to blame the ref. American Alpha - love this team. I'm a huge fan of tag teams that look and work like traditional teams, not just two lads lumped together. NWJ vs Aired was also great, good heel v face stuff. Still laughing at Aries' reaction to the "you can't wrestle" chant. Asuka - a good match, she's a star. Shinsuke, of of the very few guys I wanted to see but never did. Man, dat Charisma. I wouldn't have booked him against Boddy Roode as he deserved the spotlight in his own match. The crowd spent half the match humming Shinsuke's theme. Match of the night. Women's tag was good. Bayley was super fcuking over. Alexa. Hot. Of course, we then had Samoa Joe and Finn. The crowd were as hot as I had heard in Dublin for years. Very solid match.

Easily the best WWE house show I have been at since 2005. I'm hoping the small crowd size doesn't deter them from making another visit, but if they do, I'll be back to it again.

Also which one of you beautiful bastards started the Lets get Sexy chants :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Chant of the night was 100% the "Knifey-Spoony" chant at Peyton Royce. Great show all around!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Omackeral wrote: »
    Best show I've ever been at bar none. The crowd were smart but not muppets and not self indulgent.

Aside from that 'we are awesome' chant...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

RichyX wrote: »
    Aside from that 'we are awesome' chant...

Heard that for about 2.5 seconds by two eejits and they were 'noped' straight away by everyone else.

how many people were there last night I wonder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Such a good night! Aries dancing with Jose before turning on him was a highlight for us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Lads behind us were gas, with "Ya aaaaaalways had the belly" and "Junkie Joe" chants during the main event.
    Great show

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

I don't think Scott Dawson enjoyed his trip to Dublin going by his twitter!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Meesared wrote: »
    I don't think Scott Dawson enjoyed his trip to Dublin going by his twitter!

Did I miss something? I didn't hear any chanting that wouldncause him to get annoyed?

I think Dawson just doesn't break character on twitter, he is full on heel!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Heel being a heel. Shocker!

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

They should give Bobby Roode a better theme they've tonnes of old WCW themes they could use, the dangerous alliance theme would be a good fit

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Well it was an amazing show

my one gripe is that I had ringside tickets bout 5 or 6 rows back and my visibility wasn't great. think I'll still to tierd seating from now on unless I hot front row seats.

some of the chants were great

also fair play to the lad trying to get a we want dixie chant ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Did they announce date for a later tour last night? Looked a good show kind of annoyed I did not get chance to go and see the show now reading about show on here and twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

sky88 wrote: »
    Well it was an amazing show

my one gripe is that I had ringside tickets bout 5 or 6 rows back and my visibility wasn't great. think I'll still to tierd seating from now on unless I hot front row seats.

Was there too, got the cheap seats in the tiers had a great view. I can see how annoying it would have been at some of the ringside positions.

Very entertaining show though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,100 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

No date announced. Crowd was about 2-2500, max?

Not sure they'll be back in a hurry given the low attendance?...

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Bigger crowd at Belfast if that's the case!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

No date announced. Crowd was about 2-2500, max?

Not sure they'll be back in a hurry given the low attendance?...

was talking to a guy I know who works at 3 and he said there was 3000 there

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Excellent show, highlight of the night was Bayley waving a flag/banner my friend made for her! We totally fanboyed!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

WWE are happy with the ticket sales, they consider it a near enough sell out for their reduced capacity (they never had the intention of opening the top tiers)

So a great night and a success all round!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I really hope that they will be another one next year. Better value for money compared to normal WWE shows.

I really hope that they will be another one next year. Better value for money compared to normal WWE shows.

its more craic too, the crowd are actually interested in the matches rather that eating pop corn and waiting for john cena to appear.
    The atmosphere was savage on Tuesday, the chants were class, and not very PG either!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

My 26 year old brother is a casual. The most casual of casuals. He'd know the big names, but would have trouble (for example) remembering which one is Ambrose and which is Rollins, but knows the two were together in the Shield.

He was at the show with me the other night, and constantly is bringing up how awesome American Alphas were, and keeps humming the "Gable Gable..." song. :P Those two have something special....

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Raven Runner

Got ringside ticket but the steel barrier around the ring really hampers your view but I did really enjoy the night, the chants we're great craic, I was going start a CZW chant when Drake the ref was in the ring but i reverted to my Japanese fan style and clapped politely at the moves, The Austin Aries No Way Jose match was my favourite of the night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

Just thought I'd add this here for those who missed it to enjoy and for those who seen it to enjoy it again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLtGtp_vC4o

Advertisement