Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barcelona vs Atletico TV3

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Insane second half, ref had a poor game but atletico are physical/dirty team and will be punished. In saying that, a good result for them too. Think most other teams remaining would've taken a bigger beating from it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Wake up, there's 10 minutes to go and Barcelona aren't done yet.

So they were done with 10mins to go or nah? Glad you came to the thread, only took 60 odd mins and a Barca goal but you woke up. :)

Should be a good 2nd leg, if Atletico make it theouhh theyll be surely fielding kids in the semi finals given the cards they picked up tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Haha let's get real. There's a clear and obviously group of posters on here who detest Barcelona every bit as much as I love Barça. The only difference is these same posters try to claim neutrality and thus morale superiority but look at any Barcelona match thread and you'll find the same posters bashing them constantly.

I've never claimed neutrality. I don't like Barcelona. Fair opinion to say Atletico have been robbed by the referee here? 11 v 10 in the other direction would have been a different proposition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

CSF wrote: »
    Didn't even see the Neymar foul in the buildup to the first in real time. Jesus.

In fairness it looked like Juanfran stumbled and went into him, not the other way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

GavRedKing wrote: »
    So they were done with 10mins to go or nah? Glad you came to the thread, only took 60 odd mins and a Barca goal but you woke up. :)

Should be a good 2nd leg, if Atletico make it theouhh theyll be surely fielding kids in the semi finals given the cards they picked up tonight.

He was clearly at the club, had to do his hair and score the ladies/lads that takes 60 mins, he walked in the second the goal was scored.

astradave wrote: »
    In fairness it looked like Juanfran stumbled and went into him, not the other way

I'm with the TV3 pundits on this one. 9 times out of 10 that is given a free out in the box.

• Obvious defence of Suarez from a select few is hilarious

His goals were good but shouldn't have been on the pitch

A close result, Barca should have done more considering 10 men.

All to play for

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Well I had a game myself so I missed the first 25 minutes. Again, if anyone feels compelled to employee me as some kind of pundit/Barca match commentator hybrid then I'll be here for every minute of every game. However at the moment it's very much on a voluntary basis.

I've never claimed neutrality. I don't like Barcelona. Fair opinion to say Atletico have been robbed by the referee here? 11 v 10 in the other direction would have been a different proposition.

Oh CSF, don't you date be sour, clap for your European champs and feel the power!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Haha let's get real. There's a clear and obviously group of posters on here who detest Barcelona every bit as much as I love Barça. The only difference is these same posters try to claim neutrality and thus morale superiority but look at any Barcelona match thread and you'll find the same posters bashing them constantly.

Here's an example of why you ( not Barcelona ) rub me the wrong way. I didn't have to look back far either, Barca's last match you posted this as soon as they scored.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=99262932&postcount=1240

I know what you're doing, you know what you're doing. The entire forum does tbh. As soon as Madrid equalized you disappeared and didn't post again. Tonight you're back at it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Just seen the Suarez incident.

He's a lucky boy that Godin doesn't have the "rolling around the ground at the merest hint of a touch" gene that the Barca players possess.

Should have been a red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Torres would still have gone though. They should have been down to 9 really. Do you really think the push by Suarez should have been a red.

Here's an example of why you ( not Barcelona ) rub me the wrong way. I didn't have to look back far either, Barca's last match you posted this as soon as they scored.

I know what you're doing, you know what you're doing. The entire forum does tbh. As soon as Madrid equalized you disappeared and didn't post again. Tonight you're back at it again.

Social life and social responsibilities be dammed, Hanks Scorpio wants me to post on Boards so I'd had better post on Boards. Does any other poster get this kind of scrutiny?

Oh CSF, don't you date be sour, clap for your European champs and feel the power!

As much as I appreciate the reference, I'd still prefer an answer.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Torres would still have gone though. They should have been down to 9 really. Do you really think the push by Suarez should have been a red.

No I don't. The kick. Haven't you seen it?

He's a lucky boy that Godin doesn't have the "rolling around the ground at the merest hint of a touch" gene that the Barca players possess.

Should have been a red.

Ah now in fairness an Athletico player rolled about 7 or 8 times there in the second half from a nothing tackle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Ah now in fairness an Athletico player rolled about 7 or 8 times there in the second half from a nothing tackle.

Jordi Alba anyone???

No I don't. The kick. Haven't you seen it?

I just read some people saying he could have got two reds, thought you were one. Yes he should have gone for the kick. The athletico player probably saved him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Should have been a red.

Was it not Juanfran?? I was shocked that the player wasn't rolling around on the ground complaining.

• Advertisement

Jordi Alba anyone???

I'm just saying they are all at it.

I just read some people saying he could have got two reds, thought you were one. Yes he should have gone for the kick. The athletico player probably saved him.

I said after seeing it in real time that it looked like a shove in the face, having seen a replay I'm ok with the yellow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

The Torres sending off changed everything , up to that i believe Atletico could have hung on, i believe they'll win in the return leg,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,312 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

We all know, but he can't help himself and posters can't resist replying. It's a sad relationship from both parties tbh.

I know this is the wrong thread but that bayern game looked interesting

Anyone think Torres was a bit unlucky. It was clumsy but I think players should get away with tackles like that if it means a red.

• Advertisement

Anyone think Torres was a bit unlucky. It was clumsy but I think players should get away with tackles like that if it means a red.

Yeah i think your right maybe the fact it was champions league?ive seen lots of soft reds down the years in the competition

Well I had a game myself so I missed the first 25 minutes. Again, if anyone feels compelled to employee me as some kind of pundit/Barca match commentator hybrid then I'll be here for every minute of every game. However at the moment it's very much on a voluntary basis.

Im gonna get ya Modded ya anyway. :)

I dont really dislike Barca, its more the fans who follow them that are all screaming when they winning, but you dont see them when they are losing, these arent real fans. Go to the chelsea match threads and you will see the real fans were posting even when they were losing. Go to the Seria A thread and you will see the fans of teams posting win or lose. A lot(Not all) of the Barca fans, they disappear regularly in everyday life and in this forum. These are the sheep fans and they are the most annoying fans you will meet. I have regularly dissed Liverpool fans for example but their is one thing I will never accuse them of and that is being a fake fan, through thick and thin they still think this is their year :pac:
    I loved Barcelona with Ronaldinho but I for one cant support a team with the likes of Busquets, Alves and Alba and the protection they get from refs is sickening.

Yeah i think your right maybe the fact it was champions league?ive seen lots of soft reds down the years in the competition

Yes but it was a nothing free. Didn't really stop any move. Was just clumsy. Too many games ruined when common sense could have prevailed.

I'd gladly accept the honour. I'm present more than most on here and I have no less of an agenda than the majority of posters on this Board. I believe I would make an excellent mod.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Anyone who loves the underdog, and dislikes the huge teams always getting decisions would be going for atletico, also if you actually watch la liga you would know that atletico play good stuff, if it was 11 on 11 or 10 v 10 you would see their quality, ref has shafted them to be fair

Atletico don't play good stuff, they just don't concede goals. Their downfall is that they don't score goals and are liable for a 0-0 draw or a late equaliser. They are very good at what they do.

Suarez to be banned for the 2nd leg? Could make a huge difference, but 2-1 from 0-1 down against that particular side even 10 men is ok. That's the third time this season that Atletico have been in front and lost 2-1 to Barcelona.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'm fond of you Gav but if you Mod that sycophant than I'll hunt you down Liam Neeson style. :p

dfx- wrote: »
    Atletico don't play good stuff, they just don't concede goals. Their downfall is that they don't score goals and are liable for a 0-0 draw or a late equaliser. They are very good at what they do.

Suarez to be banned for the 2nd leg? Could make a huge difference, but 2-1 from 0-1 down against that particular side even 10 men is ok. That's the third time this season that Atletico have been in front and lost 2-1 to Barcelona.

5-1 against my beloved betis the weekend

• GavRedKing wrote: »

But you promised me Gav

Booo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Busquets reaction doesn't help either. If he doesn't roll around I'm not sure the ref books him. Was just a clumsy challenge and not a yellow for me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

well one weekend. First time they've scored more than three this season. The previous game was the typical Atletico performance, away to struggling Gijon where they took the lead early and tried to hold out. Only this time it didn't work and Gijon scored twice late on to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I'd gladly accept the honour. I'm present more than most on here and I have no less of an agenda than the majority of posters on this Board. I believe I would make an excellent mod.

I could have sworn you were only present when Barcelona took the lead or scored a goal :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Kirby wrote: »
    I'm fond of you Gav but if you Mod that sycophant than I'll hunt you down Liam Neeson style. :p

Think your safe, pretty sure you do yourself out of the running for modship when you say you would actually like to do it and make a case for yourself. Sure you can't trust the ones that crave the power :)

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

No joking if a certain poster becomes mod, Im sure Im not the only one in saying I will no longer participate in this forum, plus after Gavredking, it would be like signing Bellion to replace Ronaldo

Is Gav retiring?

Shame, very good mod/poster in general.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Is Gav retiring?

Shame, very good mod/poster in general.

Conte has tapped him up for his back room staff.

I'm not going anywhere....unless I'm being forced out. :o

If thats the case, Mick and AIG get my votes to replace me, a Liverpool fan too, just to balance the books, any takers?

On the game, the 2nd leg could get very interesting if Atelti score first, you could see a whole new meaning to parking the bus, at times all 11 Atleti players were within 30yards of thier goal tonight, until Torres barged over Busquets, you'd think a guy who knows Busquets pretty well at this stage and his theatrics, would have put the breaks on before clattering him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Ah Betis....they've broken my heart too many times over the years. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Being a mod here is i say not for the faint at heart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I don't like Atleti. They're filthy, and just a horrible team. You reap what you sow. If your motif, generally, is to kick better teams off the pitch, then you're going to be caught out sometimes.

Torres got caught out.

But Barca were helped by some of the worst officiating I've ever seen. How Suarez remained on the pitch, when you consider how strict he was, is incredible, and you can't just ignore it. The issue isn't the fact Atleti were punished for their transgressions. They rightly were. But the ref was comparitavely lenient to Barca. Significantly so. I'm sure it was just poor officiating, but Atleti can rightly feel hard done by, and will be delighted with 2-1 as a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

I'm not going anywhere....unless I'm being forced out. :o

Wenger.....is that you?.....!

SlickRic wrote: »
    I don't like Atleti. They're filthy, and just a horrible team. You reap what you so. If your motif, generally, is to kick better teams off the pitch, then you're going to be caught out sometimes.

Torres got caught out.

But Barca were helped by some of the worst officiating I've ever seen. How Suarez remained on the pitch, when you consider how strict he was, is incredible, and you can't just ignore it. The issue isn't the fact Atleti were punished for their transgressions. They rightly were. But the ref was comparitavely lenient to Barca. Significantly so. I'm sure it was just poor officiating, but Atleti can rightly feel hard done by, and will be delighted with 2-1 as a result.
    This is it. While I think Torres could have been given a final warning, I'm not outraged by it. He went in stupidly and gave the referee a decision to make. There were yellow cards given that I thought were borderline but you'll accept them. Others were definite yellows. Sometimes the referee is vigorous in his approach to the game. That's fine. Atletico are a dirty team and you expect yellows.

The problem was he wasn't at all vigorous when officiating Barca. Suarez was allowed lash out and kick someone. Busquets got away with a yellow when his tackle was more yellow worthy than the one someone was sent off as a result of minutes previous. Neymar got away with a few that Atletico players would have been booked for. Messi probably should have been booked for diving. Hell if you stretch it, a super vigorous referee (which he was for Atletico) sends Suarez off for the shove in the face.

If you ignore the outrageous decision, that Suarez was on the pitch for the 2 goals, the lack of consistency was the problem. The first goal should have been blown up for a foul by Neymar. The referee was being extra vigorous in his approach, except when it came to offences by Barcelona. Then he took on the role of cautious referee who doesn't want to make the big decisions. And that's not fair. This guy shouldn't be in charge of big games going forward, because he lost control of the game in a big way due to his terrible management of the game as well as individual decisions.

Barca are a great team to watch and win plenty of games fairly through the virtue of their own ability alone. But this one was just completely unfair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

Andre 3000 wrote: »
    People's hate for Barcelona is absolutely hilarious.

You should try living here and watch the schools force the kids to support Barca by screaming the anthem in their faces everyday...

You should try living here and watch the schools force the kids to support Barca by screaming the anthem in their faces everyday...

That sounds like the most magnificent thing I've ever heard of. It would bring a tear to the eye.

• Advertisement

Ah yeah, the earlier you can brainwash a population the better in the long run.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement