Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barcelona vs Atletico TV3

123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

That sounds like the most magnificent thing I've ever heard of. It would bring a tear to the eye.

Yeah, don't let them make up their own minds, force the team on them.

Great bunch of lads..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Yeah, don't let them make up their own minds, force the team on them.

Great bunch of lads..

To have Barcelona foisted upon you is an honour. It's Barcelona, a unique club that goes beyond being just a club. If the culture, history, traditions and customs of the club are taught to kids from Catalonia so what? There are many worse things they could be being taught.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,665 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

FOIST, Verb: Impose an unwelcome or unnecessary presence or person on.

Example of use: Let me FOIST this homage to Catalonia upon you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I see you have found some common ground with Franco.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

To have Barcelona foisted upon you is an honour. It's Barcelona, a unique club that goes beyond being just a club. If the culture, history, traditions and customs of the club are taught to kids from Catalonia so what? There are many worse things they could be being taught.

Hahaha Christ almighty. Your posts brighten up my day but lessen my existence. Keep em coming

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

SlickRic wrote: »
    I don't like Atleti. They're filthy, and just a horrible team. You reap what you sow. If your motif, generally, is to kick better teams off the pitch, then you're going to be caught out sometimes.

Torres got caught out.

But Barca were helped by some of the worst officiating I've ever seen. How Suarez remained on the pitch, when you consider how strict he was, is incredible, and you can't just ignore it. The issue isn't the fact Atleti were punished for their transgressions. They rightly were. But the ref was comparitavely lenient to Barca. Significantly so. I'm sure it was just poor officiating, but Atleti can rightly feel hard done by, and will be delighted with 2-1 as a result.

why on earth would atletico be delighted with yet another lead thrown away and yet another red card costing them?

They keep doing the same thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Seriously what do people here know about catalan traditions, sweet **** all,
    when you start following a team after they winning everything, christ do people not actually realise stupid they sound. I know people who live in Barcelona who wouldnt say as much nonsense as some here when it comes to the club.
    Im just looking forward to next year with City, when the sheep fans start saying more than just a club

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

You should try living here and watch the schools force the kids to support Barca by screaming the anthem in their faces everyday...

I'm sure they have to twist their arm very hard. Best team in Spain. World's greatest player of all time and the three best attacking players playing together. I'm sure the kids are protesting wildly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

dfx- wrote: »
    why on earth would atletico be delighted with yet another lead thrown away and yet another red card costing them?

They keep doing the same thing

I'd say it's the overall result they'd be happy with, not the manner in how it happened!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,114 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Mushy wrote: »
    I'd say it's the overall result they'd be happy with, not the manner in how it happened!
    You think before the game they would've been happy with a defeat and losing their striker for the second leg? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

This "Mes que un club" crap is exactly that - complete crap.

A football team is a football team - don't bring politics into it.

Celtic and Rangers are more then a club cos they have sectarian hatred as their main motivation to follow the club - yeah this is a great thing all right :rolleyes:

They are a football team - thats it, sure they are the best in the world and will win everything for the next 5 years minimum (zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz) but keep it at that.

Pretty much 100% of people here support Barca - I have lived here 10 years and met less then 10 Espanyol fans - not normal.

Look at Manchester and Liverpool and the divide between their teams - even when City weren't the massive power they are now, it is roughly 50/50.

Families, you would have Dads following Everton and sons following Liverpool.

That just would not happen here - it wouldn't be allowed!!!

Which is a shame, because it would be better with variety and harmless banter within families - unlike now it would be pretty much like a kid going to fight for ISIS if he told Els Pares that he was supporting Real Madrid :P

Ironically enough the fans I don't mind so much are the foreign ones, who follow purely for the football, it's living here that got me like this - the locals are a nightmare - believe it or not I used to like Barca and came here liking them as my 2nd team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Quazzie wrote: »
    You think before the game they would've been happy with a defeat and losing their striker for the second leg? :confused:

Obviously they would have rathered winning and not losing a player but now all they need is a 1-0 win at home to go through which there more than capable of getting.

Quazzie wrote: »

2-1 away to Barcelona where away goals count....they certainly wouldn't sniff at it, nobody would.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

4 Penalty Appeals Champions League Semi Finals Chelsea v Barcelona
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PENQDQ52SOY

Robin van Persie red card killed Barça game for Arsenal, Wenger says
    http://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/mar/09/robin-van-persie-red-card-arsenal-wenger
    Not one Barcelona player was booked, says Arsenal manager
    • Robin van Persie says the sending-off was 'a total joke'
    Busacca showed five yellow cards to Arsenal players but none to those from Barcelona

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/4731518.stm Asier del Horno was sent off after 36 minutes for a foul on Lionel Messi The Argentine appeared to take a look at referee Terje Hauge before rolling around theatrically - and, when a melee involving players from both sides had been dispersed, Del Horno was sent off.

Didier Drogba .. it’s a fking disgrace
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhiURESngAM

so what exactly happened last night ...

looking forward to the WorldCup in Qatar... arent they sponsors of Barca..

ole ole ole ole

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,053 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Celtic and Rangers are more then a club cos they have sectarian hatred as their main motivation to follow the club - yeah this is a great thing all right :rolleyes:

They are a football team - thats it, sure they are the best in the world and will win everything for the next 5 years minimum (zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz) but keep it at that.

Pretty much 100% of people here support Barca - I have lived here 10 years and met less then 10 Espanyol fans - not normal.

Look at Manchester and Liverpool and the divide between their teams - even when City weren't the massive power they are now, it is roughly 50/50.

Which is a shame, because it would be better with variety and harmless banter within families - unlike now it would be pretty much like a kid going to fight for ISIS if he told Els Pares that he was supporting Real Madrid :P

Ironically enough the fans I don't mind so much are the foreign ones, who follow purely for the football, it's living here that got me like this - the locals are a nightmare - believe it or not I used to like Barca and came here liking them as my 2nd team.

They are like every other football club now, they are a huge business, end of.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Yeah like diving, harassment of referees and tax evasion. Oh wait..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Ok I'm not a Barcelona fanboy or anything like that but why do people have to take one side and go with it and not be balanced?

Suarez should have been sent off for kicking out imo. No question about it.

Somebody else should have got a straight red too though and there is nobody talking about it. Lucas Hernandez should have been sent off for taking Neymar out when Barca were on the counter. I don't think he was last man back but the challenge was reckless and dangerous and for me it was a clear straight red.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

eagle eye wrote: »
    Ok I'm not a Barcelona fanboy or anything like that but why do people have to take one side and go with it and not be balanced?

Somebody else should have got a straight red too though and there is nobody talking about it. Lucas Hernandez should have been sent off for taking Neymar out when Barca were on the counter. I don't think he was last man back but the challenge was reckless and dangerous and for me it was a clear straight red.

The anti Atletico faction of Boards.ie just aren't as dedicated or passionate as their anti Barça counterparts?

Augusto should have been sent off for sure. Luas...I think he was far enough away from clear goalscoring chance and had cover coming back, hence only a yellow. I'd say the ref knew he'd be slaughtered if he gave a red!

I think people find it easier to hate Barca cos of the Mesa Que in Club shíte they persist with.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Domo1982

One of the more pathetic posts on any football forum I've seen in last 5 years. You'd think after living there for 10 years you'd have a better chance of getting it than most.

Also just some basic information for you - Espanyol have an average attendance of 18,693 so given that you have met only 10 fans in your 10 years there I'd probably suggest that you get out a little more pal.;)

Try to be "Mes que un Troll" maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

This thread was fine until it evolved into something more than discussing the game. Even though I was going for atletico last night, I like and always have liked barcelona, these people harking on about mes de un club are blowing hot air as arent most clubs more than a club now? They are huge businesses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'm not going anywhere....unless I'm being forced out. :o

If thats the case, Mick and AIG get my votes to replace me, a Liverpool fan too, just to balance the books, any takers?

On the game, the 2nd leg could get very interesting if Atelti score first, you could see a whole new meaning to parking the bus, at times all 11 Atleti players were within 30yards of thier goal tonight, until Torres barged over Busquets, you'd think a guy who knows Busquets pretty well at this stage and his theatrics, would have put the breaks on before clattering him.
    AIG a mod:confused:. Aprils fool's was last week.

MD1990 wrote: »
    AIG a mod:confused:. Aprils fool's was last week.

I think it was a joke going by posters

Domo1982 wrote: »
    One of the more pathetic posts on any football forum I've seen in last 5 years. You'd think after living there for 10 years you'd have a better chance of getting it than most.

Also just some basic information for you - Espanyol have an average attendance of 18,693 so given that you have met only 10 fans in your 10 years there I'd probably suggest that you get out a little more pal.;)

Try to be "Mes que un Troll" maybe?

Shock someone giving advice when they have no actual knowledge of the area or lifestyle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

It was clearly a very tough game to ref, no love lost between the two teams.
    Am I the only one who thought the ref did ok?

The only ref decision which you could say was badly wrong was not sending Suarez off for the kick. But I think they simply did not see it as the ball was cleared.

The others such as Torres' yellows, Suarez' yellow and Hernandez all seemed reasonable enough.

Athletico will of course feel wronged, as the one big decision that was missed went against them, and Suarez went on the score twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

It was clearly a very tough game to ref, no love lost between the two teams.
    Am I the only one who thought the red did ok?

The only ref decision which you could say was badly wrong was not sending Suarez off for the kick. But I think they simply did not see it as the ball was cleared.

The others such as Torres' yellows, Suarez' yellow and Hernandez all seemed reasonable enough.

Athletico will of course feel wronged, as the one big decision that was missed went against them, and Suarez went on the score twice.

Not booking Busquets in the first half? The foul by Neymar in the lead up to the first goal? Suarez was the obvious one but the referee truly had a shocker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

You're absolutely right.

But it's easy not to send him off. It shouldn't come into it, but Atletico would've been down to 9. It probably makes it slightly harder.

The game was already swung by that point after he sent off Torres, but not Suarez. A key decision, early in the game.

I'm not claiming there's a pro - Barca agenda. I just think he was shíte and Barca fell on the right side of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

SlickRic wrote: »
    You're absolutely right.

But it's easy not to send him off. It shouldn't come into it, but Atletico would've been down to 9. It probably makes it slightly harder.

The game was already swung by that point after he sent off Torres, but not Suarez. A key decision, early in the game.

I'm not claiming there's a pro - Barca agenda. I just think he was shíte and Barca fell on the right side of it.
    Well 2-1 isn't a bad result considering what happened but it would have been a much bigger win for Barca if they had a second player sent off.

While they might have been unlucky earlier on that Suarez got away with it, they were certainly lucky later on and we all know how good Barca normally are in the last twenty minutes.

There is also the second leg and they'd be missing him for that game too had he been sent off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Just saw there on balls.ie that one of the Panama leaks shows that Koké is part owned by an Irish resident company. :eek:

Now if we could just revoke those Spanish caps and give him a passport :pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement