Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving into a new house

Options
  • 05-04-2016 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi,

I am an existing EI customer, just moved to a new house..trying to get my gas up and running and proving to be extremely difficult.

I have now successfully got both my gas/electricity accounts setup, but here's where the problem starts.

The house was vacant for some years so the gas connection was cut off, the previous tenant had an account with another supplier.

I supplied all the relevant details over the phone today and now i have been told that it will be another 3-5 days before I am contacted again to get the gas connection back on, its tuesday today. That means realistically it will be friday before EI even get back to me and then another few days before someone actually comes out to the house to physically get the gas on again.it will be close to two weeks before I get the gas up and runnign again. That is simply not good enough.

I have been living in the house for 3 days now with no gas, which means no hob, no heating and no hot water, and will be another week at least before this gets set up again...

MY QUESTION(s); Why does it take 3-5 days to get back to me? I have given you all the info you need, what's the big situation that it takes 3 days to resolve? I have 2 x 2 year old girls at home and the place is freezing cold, I can't cook properly and shower properly either, this is a huge problem.

Also, i have been with EI for some years now, but I had to open a new account when I moved, submitting all my details again, why can't you just apply my previous details (bank etc..) that you already have to the new address? why do i need to give them over again? This whole situation has been made incredibly over complicated and extremely frustrating. 

Can anything be done to speed up getting my gas on line again, it has made the entire moving experience extremely frustrating and disappointing.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi buddyf,

We are sorry to read of your unhappiness with your customer experience.

Without the specifics of your account, we can only advise in general terms.

When the property is with a different supplier for gas, we need to make an application to take over the supply from the other provider. This is why it may take between three and five working days for us to be able to arrange an appointment. If the supply was already with Electric Ireland, we would have been able to give you an appointment sooner. Once the change of supplier completes, we will contact you to arrange an appointment. We regret any inconvenience caused but there is no way of speeding up this process.

The reason why you would have been asked to provide your details again is for account security reasons. We are also unable to set up a direct debit for the new address without taking bank details again.

If you would like us to look at your account for you, we would need the following details:
    • Your account number
    • The first line of your address
    • Your contact number or date of birth
    • Your full name as it appears on the account
    • Confirmation you are the account holder (a sentence stating this is sufficient)
    • The GPRN

Please do ask if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

Advertisement