Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IVF with Sperm Donor

Options
  • 05-04-2016 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi

Would anyone have any advice on clinics that would provide a sperm donor as well as the IVF. I have recently split with my partner who was going through the process with me but now have to start a new path on my own, so any help at all would be brilliant. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,513 ✭✭✭✭fits

I think most in Ireland do. Sims and repromed anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

I seen it on the price list for the Merrion Fertility Clinic

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Galway offer it too. I'd presume all clinics do

• Registered Users Posts: 6 daisymaisy123

Hi Girls thank you x
    I was with galway for a year and just didnt like the feeling there.
    we were in the hari but thinking of going to sims now as the hari dont do it.
    im really lost and nervous at the mo with it. any advice would be amazing.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Daisy, if that feeling you got in Galway was due to a particular doctor, well, he retired in March last year. ;) You could request to go with Dr. L or Dr. C instead - they both have the reputation of being utterly lovely.

Having said that, you've tried three clinics. Is it that you have other things to consider as well as donor sperm to conceive? Some women travel abroad - Prague or Greece for more advanced technology.

• Advertisement

Thank you Neyite. well im on my owne now apart from my amazing family and friends with so much support. my partner and i split so im just lost as to who to talk to or ask as i cant ask my doctor or anyone really cos i feel strange aven split with my partner and now doing this so soon. iv been trying for years. my x partners tests were never great and think this has got to him a bit maybe. so we split. and its been coming a while. so im on my owne so its decision making time, im just so not clued in on the sperm donor way at all. All i know is my AMH is pretty low and im almost 38 and always wanted to be a mother.

Sorry about this rant:O)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,988 ✭✭✭✭josip

We tried with Donor Sperm from SIMs a few years ago.
    They take it very carefully and provide counselling before you decide to proceed.
    The counselling was very good although it was an additional payment.
    We found the Donor decision at the time a bigger step than our initial decision to go for standard IVF.

Hi Josip

Hope it worked out for ye

Hi Josip

Thanks for your advice.

Hope it worked out for ye

Advertisement