Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBAN Discrepancy

Options
  • 05-04-2016 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Using BOI online I tried to pay a bill tonight choosing "BOI Mastercard" as payee. When I go through the process it applies a pre-populated IBAN to this payee.

This IBAN is different to the IBAN that is present on the credit card bill. 

Can you explain the difference please.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

hesker wrote: »
    Hi,

Using BOI online I tried to pay a bill tonight choosing "BOI Mastercard" as payee. When I go through the process it applies a pre-populated IBAN to this payee.

This IBAN is different to the IBAN that is present on the credit card bill. 

Can you explain the difference please.

Thanks.
    Hi hesker, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

The IBAN for 'BOI MasterCard' which is pre-populated is for 365Online transfers from a BOI account. The IBAN and BIC on your credit card statement is for international or other domestic bank transfers. 

We hope this helps and if there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know. 

Thanks,

Sharon

Advertisement