Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Makeover

Options
  • 06-04-2016 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Id just like some opinions please.

I bought a small 2bed midterraced house last year and am only getting round to thinking about the garden now. The garden is in a bit of a mess. It is about 15ft & 30ft total. Of that size There is a concreted area straight outside the back door which is aboout 6ft, It has a wall and steps going up to the garden which is covered in stones and slanted.

I want to extend the concreted area back about 2ft and put the steps in the centre. I want to level the garden and then fence the whole thing in.

Would i be better getting a builder, gardener and carpenter or would a gardener be able to take on the whole project?

PS I should state that I am on a tight budget.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭macraignil

Some people can do all of those jobs.

What have your neighbors done with their gardens? Are there any plants you would particularly like to grow?

Posting photo of garden would give a better idea of what work is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

I got a landscaper in for my back garden, mid terrace, and they did a great job at a reasonable price. They would have planted it for me but I know what I want in the line of plants and am doing that myself. But they would have done the design, work, and plant altogether. And considering everything had to come through the house they kept the floors protected and cleaned up each evening - including mopping the kitchen! PM me if you want their name. (I'm in the Dublin area, and they do Dublin and surrounds)

Advertisement