Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8 weeks tobacco free

Options
  • 06-04-2016 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭

Just like to thank people on this forum who advised me on which vaping set up to get, I am now 8 weeks off rollies and vaping. Down from 24mg to 12mg and my preference for an all day vape is mint. My husband has jumped on board and is almost 2 weeks off the smokes. So thank you vaping boardsies!!!! I was smoking for 24 years at 10 a day at least.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

Well done and best of luck with it. If you have any questions ever just ask here and someone will answer. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭j26m

Just gone 8 weeks myself, and I'll echo the thanks.

Smoking for 30 years. I managed to give up smoking cold turkey before, but drifted back to it after a few years. I knew I wouldn't be able to do it again, but vaping has been a pure revelation to me. Thanks for the help and advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭Zelda247

I would like to say thanks for all the help as well. My husband is now nearly 6 months off cigs after smoking for about 50+ years. He loves his Vape.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Don Imac2

Me too! Thanks for all the info. Off tobacco for 4 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

Love reading these stories. Had a smoke last July and got fairly dizzy, really caught me off gaurd. Other than that been going strong.

I went from 20 a day to 1 a day for about 6 months then cut it all together. Horrible habit mentally but once you start vaping you can never really go back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭mojesius

Off the rollies 3 weeks and feel much healthier vaping. Only time I miss a smoke is after a big meal but then I puff on the vape and cravings are instantly forgotten about. Even after a few drinks (which was my weak time when I quit cold turkey years ago) I'm now used to going out for a vape and not a smoke. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

yes, love hearing this sort of thing

Vaping has saved my life

its just lovely to enjoy

as Frank Underwood said "addiction without the consequences"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Coming up on 4 years myself from a 30 a day habit. Had a one month blip at the 1 year mark. I actually kept smoking for most of that month purely based on the dread of the few weeks of willpower needed to make the transition back. Finally gave myself a kick up the ar$e and had my last smoke of that 'blip' month one night and started vaping again the next day. It was like I'd never fallen off the wagon and I never gave the fags a second thought. Disgusted with myself for that one month and felt a fool for the fear. I guess the first time you make the switch to vaping it takes a few weeks of dual smoking/vaping to train your brain to realise this is a viable alternative, whereas going back to vaping after the blip, my brain didn't actually need to relearn anything after all. It remembered that vaping was great and satisfying and so the transition back was instantaneous and painless.

So vaping basically 4 years in total with a 1 month blip at the year mark and 3 straight years without even thinking about a fag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

I'm 4 years vaping now - it has made a massive difference to my life.!!! Best decision I ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

2 years now with the following exceptions...

1 fag the Christmas before last while on the lash.

Tank broke while on holidays abroad last year. 20 fags over 4 / 5 days.

My advice to anyone starting vaping now is buy semi-decent gear from the start.

'Starter e-cig' = 'useless'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭dragona

2 years now with the following exceptions...

1 fag the Christmas before last while on the lash.

Tank broke while on holidays abroad last year. 20 fags over 4 / 5 days.

My advice to anyone starting vaping now is buy semi-decent gear from the start.

'Starter e-cig' = 'useless'

And have more than one tank with you at any given time:D

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭SuperGrover

dragona wrote: »
    And have more than one tank with you at any given time:D

Yep. Lesson learned.

Advertisement