Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bill after cancelling eir ?

Options
  • 06-04-2016 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I cancelled my eir account February and received a final bill from eir in March for for €6.11

I thought this was my last bill but I got another email today informing me of another bill for €59.99.

I have no idea what this is for - and can't log in to my eir account to see the details because I am no longer a customer.

Could you look into this please and cancel this charge?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭DublinBeaker

Welcome to my club. Cancelled eir in January and they say I still owe them 69euro.

Posted in here and reps said that account was closed so down worry about it.

Will see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

scargill wrote: »
    Hi,
    I cancelled my eir account February and received a final bill from eir in March for for €6.11

I thought this was my last bill but I got another email today informing me of another bill for €59.99.

I have no idea what this is for - and can't log in to my eir account to see the details because I am no longer a customer.

Thanks
    Hi scargill,

Thanks for getting in touch.

This sounds like a modem charge as they are €59.99. Have you returned the modem back to us?

When closing an account you would be required to return the modem, this would be outlined in the terms and conditions here https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/pricing/eir_General_Terms_and_Conditions.pdf. If you wish to cancel your contract under the Regulations, you must return to us any Equipment (to include any chargers or ancillary equipment supplied) to us within fourteen days of the date you provide us with written notice that you wish to cancel the contract.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

Hi,

Thanks
    Hi scargill,

Thanks for getting in touch.

This sounds like a modem charge as they are €59.99. Have you returned the modem back to us?

When closing an account you would be required to return the modem, this would be outlined in the terms and conditions here https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/pricing/eir_General_Terms_and_Conditions.pdf. If you wish to cancel your contract under the Regulations, you must return to us any Equipment (to include any chargers or ancillary equipment supplied) to us within fourteen days of the date you provide us with written notice that you wish to cancel the contract.

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela,
    I didn't realise that - I don't remember being informed about it ! I have the equipment and can return it. 

I didn't provide written notice of the cancellation - the cancellation was handled by the new supplier - which seems to be the norm?

I assumed that the equipment was mine after the fixed term of the contract had expired (like Sky) - apologies if this is not the case.
    Can I return it now and get that charge cancelled?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭esforum

I am still getting billed, a year after I cancelled and 3 months after Eir confirmed my account was zero. So each month I get a bill for zero.

esforum wrote: »
    I am still getting billed, a year after I cancelled and 3 months after Eir confirmed my account was zero. So each month I get a bill for zero.
    Please feel free to PM me your details esforum and I'll take a look into this.

-Pamela 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,978 ✭✭✭✭celtic-chick

I canceled my account back in November. I'm still getting bills too. I phoned, emailed & sent registered letters. Still got another bill today.

Hi Pamela,
    A few others have jumped on to this thread with their billing issues!

Can I get some details about how to return the modem, evision box, etc?

I didn't get any notification of you looking for this equipment once the account was cancelled. Hands up - I didn't read the 21 pages of terms and conditions !

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

Same situation here, I was never told despite talking to Eir on Twitter, on their chat and on the phone. I'm in the process of filling out a chargeback form with my bank.

Thanks ssmith6287,
    I was out of contract and signed up with vodafone - they handled all of the cancellation process with eir.
    I think this is how most people switch between providers?
    I never actually went through a formal cancellation process with eir - vodafone handled all of that.
    An email from eir would've been handy - I wrongly assumed the equipment was mine at the end of the contract. (actually - the equipment issue never even crossed my mind!)

It looks like you went through a cancellation process and still were not told?

Thanks,
    scargill

I canceled my account back in November. I'm still getting bills too. I phoned, emailed & sent registered letters. Still got another bill today.
    Hi celtic-chick,

If your account is in debit or credit you will continue to receive bills until this balance is cleared.

-Pamela 

• Advertisement

Hi Pamela,
    A few others have jumped on to this thread with their billing issues!

Can I get some details about how to return the modem, evision box, etc?

I didn't get any notification of you looking for this equipment once the account was cancelled. Hands up - I didn't read the 21 pages of terms and conditions !

Thanks
    No problem scargill, :)

Usually a courier will contact you within these 14 days to collect the equipment however customer care on 1901 will be able to arrange this for you also.

I know there is quite alot there.

-Pamela 

ssmith6287 wrote: »
    Same situation here, I was never told despite talking to Eir on Twitter, on their chat and on the phone. I'm in the process of filling out a chargeback form with my bank.
    I understand this ssmith6287 however it is outlined in the terms and conditions you would need to return all equipment to eir.

- Pamela 

Hi celtic-chick,

If your account is in debit or credit you will continue to receive bills until this balance is cleared.

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela

My account was paid in full. Though I keep getting charged every month.

Hi celtic-chick,

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela

Did you contact cancellations and request your account to be cancelled in writing celtic-chick?

-Pamela 

Hi celtic-chick,

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela

Did you contact cancellations and request your account to be cancelled in writing celtic-chick?

-Pamela 
    Yes I did, twice by registered letters.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭DublinBeaker

So this is what my charge is too.
    Was on the phone to Eir and they never mentioned this at all.
    Have it in a padded envelope at home, just have not sent it.

EIR Reps, can you please let us know our options for returning the modem.
    I asked before could I drop it into a shop and they didnt know.

Just when i thought that the cancellation process was handled so well and that I might sign back up to them at the end of my current deal they went and shot themselves in the foot by not telling me to return the modem, my biggest issue is the lack of a bill or invoice for the modem. Surely theres laws against taking money from an account without given prior notice. Apparantly this was posted to me but conveniently there must have been an issue with an post

Hi celtic-chick,

-Pamela 
    Hi Pamela

-Pamela 
    Yes I did, twice by registered letters.
    Can you PM me your account number celtic-chick and I'll check this.

-Pamela 

So this is what my charge is too.
    Was on the phone to Eir and they never mentioned this at all.
    Have it in a padded envelope at home, just have not sent it.

EIR Reps, can you please let us know our options for returning the modem.
    I asked before could I drop it into a shop and they didnt know.
    Our customer care team on 1901 will arrange a courier to collect the modem DublinBeaker,

-Pamela 

Just when i thought that the cancellation process was handled so well and that I might sign back up to them at the end of my current deal they went and shot themselves in the foot by not telling me to return the modem, my biggest issue is the lack of a bill or invoice for the modem. Surely theres laws against taking money from an account without given prior notice. Apparantly this was posted to me but conveniently there must have been an issue with an post
    When closing an account ssmith6287 you would be required to return the modem, this would be outlined in the terms and conditions here https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/pricing/eir_General_Terms_and_Conditions.pdf

This states  ''If you wish to cancel your contract under the Regulations, you must return to us any Equipment (to include any chargers or ancillary equipment supplied) to us within fourteen days of the date you provide us with written notice that you wish to cancel the contract.''
    ''In the event that the Customer does not return the Equipment within fourteen days, eir shall have the right to charge the Customer for the cost of the Equipment.''

-Pamela 

• Advertisement

When closing an account ssmith6287 you would be required to return the modem, this would be outlined in the terms and conditions here https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/pricing/eir_General_Terms_and_Conditions.pdf

This states  ''If you wish to cancel your contract under the Regulations, you must return to us any Equipment (to include any chargers or ancillary equipment supplied) to us within fourteen days of the date you provide us with written notice that you wish to cancel the contract.''
    ''In the event that the Customer does not return the Equipment within fourteen days, eir shall have the right to charge the Customer for the cost of the Equipment.''

-Pamela 
    Ah yeah that's brilliant, read the extra small print at your own discretion.

Funny when theyre selling it to ya they don't forget any of their important selling points.

When your cancelling there are 2 things, you give 30 days notice and bill will be issued, and return your modem. funny how the cancellations team only mention 50% of your terms.

Or is it selective memory, something you obviously hope your past customers have with your copy and paste responses to all of the queries on here.

BTW train the sales staff in wording they use for signing people up. The term "free modem" isn't the same as "lend of a modem"

-Pamela 
    Ah yeah that's brilliant, read the extra small print at your own discretion.

Funny when theyre selling it to ya they don't forget any of their important selling points.

When your cancelling there are 2 things, you give 30 days notice and bill will be issued, and return your modem. funny how the cancellations team only mention 50% of your terms.

Or is it selective memory, something you obviously hope your past customers have with your copy and paste responses to all of the queries on here.

BTW train the sales staff in wording they use for signing people up. The term "free modem" isn't the same as "lend of a modem"
    Thanks for your feedback  ssmith6287I'll be sure to have it relayed to the cancellations department.

-Pamela 

Hi Pamela,

I've posted off the equipment this morning. As mentioned above it would be handy if a reminder email could be sent when the cancellation is going through.
    Or put something obvious on the final bill.

The problem is - eir provide paperless billing, but once you cancel you can no longer access your account to look at your bill !!

I had assumed the equipment was mine at the end of the contract - I didn't know the equipment remained the property of eir.

Also - will I get notification of a credit when the equipment is received? As I can no longer log into my account I'll have no way of checking!

Thanks,
    Scargill

Hi Pamela,

I've posted off the equipment this morning. As mentioned above it would be handy if a reminder email could be sent when the cancellation is going through.
    Or put something obvious on the final bill.

The problem is - eir provide paperless billing, but once you cancel you can no longer access your account to look at your bill !!

I had assumed the equipment was mine at the end of the contract - I didn't know the equipment remained the property of eir.

Also - will I get notification of a credit when the equipment is received? As I can no longer log into my account I'll have no way of checking!

Thanks,
    Scargill
    No problem scargill, I'll be sure to pass your feedback on.

I can arrange for a paper bill to be issued to you if you wish?

No unfortunately this is rental equipment. There would be no notification but I can check this for you and remove the charges.

-Pamela 

Advertisement