Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

22 years since Kurt Cobains death and 14 since Layne Staleys

Options
  • 06-04-2016 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

I have to say that while I say RIP to both these men, I find it strange in general to still see so many comments about Cobain's death on social media; especially on the likes of Facebook where fans as young as 14/15 express upset and disharmony over his death. Unfortunately, it seems that in death, Cobain has not only become the superstar he never wanted to be but has also inspired a generation of people he never wanted to reach either.

The difference with Layne is that he had disappeared from public view for a long time before his death, and in many respects, any reports or interviews given where those where he spoke about his addiction and his troubles. So it wasn't as much of a shock and, dare I say it, he wasn't in the public consciousnesses as violently as Cobain's death - that and suicide is always viewed as a more shocking and troublesome death.

Advertisement