Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Car Insurance Disc arrived yet

Options
  • 06-04-2016 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭

Hi I sent off my ncb plus other documents last week but there is still no sign of my insurance disc to arrive in the post. My old insurance is out since 31/03/2016 - its pretty urgent I get my new one asap. Any idea what the delay is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

I'd a similar issue with Bank of Ireland insurance sent documents on 14th of march and only received insurance cert yesterday, they seem to just be slow at sending them, now to be fair, there was St patricks and easter during that period. 
    What I did as my insurance was out on the 18th was to print out email confirmation and bring that with me, you are insured even without the disc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Hi I sent off my ncb plus other documents last week but there is still no sign of my insurance disc to arrive in the post. My old insurance is out since 31/03/2016 - its pretty urgent I get my new one asap. Any idea what the delay is?
    Hi Lauren Miniature Poem, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

We're sorry to hear you have not yet received your insurance disc. If you call 1890 608 608, a rep will be happy to look into this for you. 

Thanks,

Sharon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

Hi Lauren Miniature Poem, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

We're sorry to hear you have not yet received your insurance disc. If you call 1890 608 608, a rep will be happy to look into this for you. 

Thanks,

Sharon
    Hi Sharon - thanks but  i'm unable to make phone calls during office hours. What time does the 1890 608 608 stay open until. I never would have switched to BOI car insurance if I'd know there was delays. 

cruizer101 wrote: »
    I'd a similar issue with Bank of Ireland insurance sent documents on 14th of march and only received insurance cert yesterday, they seem to just be slow at sending them, now to be fair, there was St patricks and easter during that period. 
    What I did as my insurance was out on the 18th was to print out email confirmation and bring that with me, you are insured even without the disc.
    Cheers cruizer. Problem is I have no idea if they have actually received my documentation so I could be driving around uninsured. Its a disaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

Hi Cheekycheeky, 

We're not aware of any delays with insurance documents at present. Reps are available until 5.30pm this evening and will be happy to look into this further for you.

Thanks,

Sharon

• Advertisement

Hi Cheekycheeky, 

We're not aware of any delays with insurance documents at present. Reps are available until 5.30pm this evening and will be happy to look into this further for you.

Thanks,

Sharon
    Hi Sharon - thanks - unfortunately I won't be home till after 6. Guess I'll just have to hope for the best, not great tbh. Thanks for the help all the same.

Advertisement