Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GLAS thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Water John wrote: »
    I think you'd need to run a disc harrow once or twice over it to bring up a bit of soil.
    Would running the disk harrow on old Pasteur be enough or would you need the plough?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Clik wrote: »
    . There are telephone poles near these trees and I was wondering if I could use these instead. I know eircom might not be impressed but would it bother the glas inspector?
    The planner also has a bat box site beside a public road which is not allow in the specification, how can I solve this problem?
    Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Put them in a location with good cover and where they won't be disturbed. Placing them in an exposed location like an isolated telephone pole would be a waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 teddy 1223

Can you put the bird/bat boxes up on trees that have a lot of ivy on them, or does it matter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

teddy 1223 wrote: »
    Can you put the bird/bat boxes up on trees that have a lot of ivy on them, or does it matter

Don't think Ivy matters at all.

Can you put bird and bat boxes on the one tree does anyone know

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Clik

Birdnuts wrote: »
    Put them in a location with good cover and where they won't be disturbed. Placing them in an exposed location like an isolated telephone pole would be a waste of time.

These are bat boxes not bird boxes. The spec says there must be at least a meter clearance around them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Clik

Bat boxes must have at least a meter clearance around them for the bats to fly freely in and out.
    Bat Boxes cannot be on the same tree/stake/post as bird or bee boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Dunedin

Base price wrote: »
    I would roll if at all possible. Seeds need to make good contact with the soil in order to germinate and grow properly. If we were going to have heavy rain then I would reckon you could get away as the rain helps to compact the soil.

I figured as much but was hoping that by some strange intervention people might tell me otherwise.

I have roller ready for takeoff

• Registered Users Posts: 21,387 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Hard Knocks, I'd plough a grass field. Last years Glas will generally do fine with a disc, esp if you put in a few animals to do a bit of foraging.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,722 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Ivy provides good cover for both

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭Base price

With the deadline approaching just a reminder to fill in your record sheets. I didn't receive 2017 booklet so I'm continuing to fill in the 2016 one.
    We spread slurry at a rate of 1000g!!! on LIPP and weedlicked those parcels last week. Ploughed the WBC on the 22nd of May, power harrowed it yesterday and we will sow, till and roll tomorrow. Last year we spread a bag of 10-10-20 to the acre at sowing but I think we will wait for a few weeks this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Longford Leader

With the deadline approaching just a reminder to fill in your record sheets. I didn't receive 2017 booklet so I'm continuing to fill in the 2016 one.
    We spread slurry at a rate of 1000g!!! on LIPP and weedlicked those parcels last week. Ploughed the WBC on the 22nd of May, power harrowed it yesterday and we will sow, till and roll tomorrow. Last year we spread a bag of 10-10-20 to the acre at sowing but I think we will wait for a few weeks this year.

What tranche are you in? If Glas II the 2017 records are on the department site.
    No sign of them for Glas I though :confused:

https://www.agriculture.gov.ie/farmerschemespayments/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭I said

Ah jaysus more fcuking paperwork

What tranche are you in? If Glas II the 2017 records are on the department site.
    No sign of them for Glas I though :confused:

https://www.agriculture.gov.ie/farmerschemespayments/
    We are in GLAS 1 also.

I said wrote: »
    Ah jaysus more fcuking paperwork
    Ha ha better than been stuck in the bog with the midges eaten the head off ye ;)

Ha ha better than been stuck in the bog with the midges eaten the head off ye ;)

Fcuk them as well

• Registered Users Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Where do you submit paperwork?

I have full glas for hen harrier and for the most part, I just have to top rushes in mosaic pattern and ensure stock proof etc.

Online or the booklet?

Where do you submit paperwork?

I have full glas for hen harrier and for the most part, I just have to top rushes in mosaic pattern and ensure stock proof etc.
    Don't know about the hen harrier scheme.
    I said wrote: »
    Online or the booklet?
    Glas 1 fill in the booklet. I assume its the same for 2 and 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Dozer1

I thought those record sheets are only to be produced for an inspection or do they need to be sent in at some stage.

I was never in REPS etc so first time doing an environment scheme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Don't know about the hen harrier scheme.

Glas 1 fill in the booklet. I assume its the same for 2 and 3.

I haven't gotten anything except a one sheet letter, that said I was accepted into the GLAS scheme...

I assume they are supposed to send me a booklet?

Anyone else in the same boat?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

I haven't gotten anything except a one sheet letter, that said I was accepted into the GLAS scheme...

I assume they are supposed to send me a booklet?

Anyone else in the same boat?

Same here.wonder is it all done online now?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,387 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Your Glas advisor, would have those and fill them in with you. Also will take soil samples required.

Here is a link to the Dept website for GLAS.
    Click on the Tranche you are in and it opens all the information about that Tranche including Records Sheets that you can print off. To save paper you can scroll down through the file and only print off the actions that you have been approved for.
    The records must be kept up to date and retained by the participant (not the advisor) which I assume is in case you have an inspection.
    Also if WBC is one of your actions remember to keep the labels from the seed bags (certified seed) and a receipt of purchase.
    I'm just back into the house after finishing up sowing, tilling and rolling our WBC today.
    https://www.agriculture.gov.ie/farmerschemespayments/glas/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Heard someone say that the Wild Bird Cover in Glas is classified as an arable crop and the BPS application should have that part removed from the Area of Natural Constraint.

Is he right or not. I couldn't find it mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭anfieldrd

Agfood updated, remaining 85% issued June 1st so hopefully in the account soon. Over 18 months later.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,289 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

My mother received 85% of the glas+ payment (€1699) today

She had received 85% of glas back in Jan.

We signed up for glas from Jan 16

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭The part time boy

My mother received 85% of the glas+ payment (€1699) today

She had received 85% of glas back in Jan.

We signed up for glas from Jan 16

I confused . 85 plus 85 ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

The glas+ is ?2000 extra so 85& of that, and glas would get 85% as well so I suppose 2 glas in 1 in this instance..

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭The part time boy

Ok i would have presumed they pay the 7000 in one go so you get 85% of the 7 k.

Bloody joke the whole thing. Any word of the 15 % been paid.

It's actually more frustrating that there late by months and are paying a advance payment of 85 . Why not pay the whole thing

• Advertisement

Danzy wrote: »
    Heard someone say that the Wild Bird Cover in Glas is classified as an arable crop and the BPS application should have that part removed from the Area of Natural Constraint.

Is he right or not. I couldn't find it mentioned.
    He is correct.
    http://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/glas-wild-bird-cover-option-to-impact-on-disadvantage-area-payments/

Advertisement