Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GLAS thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Ok i would have presumed they pay the 7000 in one go so you get 85% of the 7 k.

Bloody joke the whole thing. Any word of the 15 % been paid.

It's actually more frustrating that there late by months and are paying a advance payment of 85 . Why not pay the whole thing

So in Jan '17 we received 85% of the 5k (€4250)
    And today, received message that we were getting glas+ payment.- it worked out at 85% of that (€1699)
    So to date for 2016, we have received 85% payment or €5950 of €7000.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭The part time boy

So in Jan '17 we received 85% of the 5k (€4250)
    And today, received message that we were getting glas+ payment.- it worked out at 85% of that (€1699)
    So to date for 2016, we have received 85% payment or €5950 of €7000.

Ya I get ya now. What's frustrating is that in June 17 there only paying 85 % of 2016 . How can they get away with that ? Where is the ifa ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭High bike

They'r in the same place as every Union in the country,in bed with the dept and feathering their own nests

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭TPF2012

Base price wrote:
    He is correct.

Incorrect. I believe there was a change in that wbc would not disqualify anc for an area. Didn't affect me anyway. That article is relatively old now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

I might drop the Teagasc Man, a quick line for clarification.

Thanks for the responses and I'll tell what I find.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭Base price

TPF2012 wrote: »
    Incorrect. I believe there was a change in that wbc would not disqualify anc for an area. Didn't affect me anyway. That article is relatively old now.
    You are correct. Attached ANC t&c's for 2017. Scroll to page 21 and WBC is covered.
    https://www.agriculture.gov.ie/media/migration/farmingschemesandpayments/basicpaymentscheme/ANCTC2017190417.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,022 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Thought WBC was only to lose out on greening?

Thought WBC was only to lose out on greening?

What ? No one told me that when I signed up .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,022 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

What ? No one told me that when I signed up .
    Think that a new reseed should technically be excluded from greening in year 1

As others have pointed out above the Teagasc man confirmed it.

TPF2012 and Base price are getting my Teagasc fee next year.

• Advertisement

Danzy wrote: »
    As others have pointed out above the Teagasc man confirmed it.

TPF2012 and Base price are getting my Teagasc fee next year.
    It's only by asking questions that we learn from one another and that's what makes F&F such an excellent forum :)

Base price wrote: »
    It's only by asking questions that we learn from one another and that's what makes F&F such an excellent forum :)

Exactly, what was correct years ago may not apply or be right now and not even the most experienced and knowledgeable knows which is which all the time.

I have learnt a lot of this forum

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭rushvalley

Anyone had an inspection for glas recently? How strict are they on cutting lipp before July?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭High bike

Don't mention the I word ffs,have a few bits to finish off,was in the same position last year needed to cut a few acres that went too strong but in the end I waited just incase

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭Cavanjack

rushvalley wrote: »
    Anyone had an inspection for glas recently? How strict are they on cutting lipp before July?

Wouldn't chance it. Doing satellite inspection too I heard.

I assume intentional mowing would be considered a serious breach let alone topping before July.
    From: https://www.agriculture.gov.ie/media/migration/farmingschemesandpayments/glastranche1/GLASTranche1TandCs071015.pdf

Intentional and serious breaches of the Scheme conditions may result in non-payment
    for the year in question or in the termination of participation and/or exclusion from
    the Scheme for a period commensurate with the seriousness of the breach, and the refund of monies already paid.
    A penalty of 100% on one or more of the selected actions means that there will be no
    payment for those actions in that particular year. The participant may continue in GLAS and will only be paid for the remaining contract years on the delivery found.
    ETC.....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,389 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Is that the 1st or 15th of July?

Cavanjack wrote: »

Wouldn't chance it. Doing satellite inspection too I heard.

That sounds like a urban myth to be honest . Do you know how much it cost to aim a satellite ??

Water John wrote: »
    Is that the 1st or 15th of July?
    Tranche 1 and 2 were from 15 Mar to 15th July but it changed in Tranche 3 to the 1st of July.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,389 ✭✭✭✭Water John

No wonder I was confused. Thanks Base, always to be relied on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭pedigree 6

That sounds like a urban myth to be honest . Do you know how much it cost to aim a satellite ??

The NASA satellite photographs here every day.
    It only takes about 20 minutes to photograph the whole country in high resolution.

Do you know which satellite the EU ag dept get their pictures from?

Area aid maps are taken from bing maps . Maybe there paying for it but it's free to use from the like of us.

If it was so easy and cheap to see did john Murphy cut a hay too early why are google waiting more than 5 years to update Google maps

Area aid maps are taken from bing maps . Maybe there paying for it but it's free to use from the like of us.

If it was so easy and cheap to see did john Murphy cut a hay too early why are google waiting more than 5 years to update Google maps

There's a privacy element attatched to what is made available to the general public to view. It's why the NASA public sat view is left purposely blurry when you go down to less than one mile.

Bing I think is a part of the Microsoft corporation. I don't think they own a satellite. Could be wrong though.

Google "NASA worldview earthdata" for the website and you can see the daily images and then zoom in.

Distortion
    The real-time images are displayed as they are scanned by MODIS, without correction for geometric distortion. Since the observed pixels at the edge of the swath are bigger than they are in the center, they appear to be scrunched into a too-small grid box when displayed “as-is” in the real-time imagery. We select certain images for geometric correction, and hand tailor them for our image gallery.

Don't think it's for privacy . Don't think they can get high quality for anywhere In the world in one pass. They have to aim

And as for area aid maps if you have a look you see the bing watermark on them

[Update]

Did a bit more research there . The dep of ag are using satellites to carry out some inspection .

However I believe this to check and measure area claim v's area farmed. And to check usage is there houses or football pitches on claimed land.

I don't believe there using it to check when hay meadows are cut .

I be more worried about a physical inspection rather than big brother

Don't think it's for privacy . Don't think they can get high quality for anywhere In the world in one pass. They have to aim

And as for area aid maps if you have a look you see the bing watermark on them
    Of course it's for privacy.
    It's bad enough atm with Google and Bing maps.
    Imagine if you're friendly robber or terrorist or foreign army looks up the images and sees everything going on in just a glance.

On the satellites there is no pointing and aiming to take a picture. All satellites have to keep moving and orbiting the earth. Otherwise they would fly off into space.
    They all take pictures in a pass.
    It's a bit more advanced than the spy planes in WW2 and the cold war but it's the same principle but with stronger lenses and higher resolution.

I'm not sure if I can explain it any better than that.

Actually go outside any clear night and you should spot a few satellites going across the sky as they orbit the earth.
    You might even spot the international space station which is super bright.

Anyway way off topic.

Edit: There are such things as geostationary satellites which orbit in unison with the earth turning and thus would be in the same patch of sky everyday but they're used for communication purposes not imagery.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Base price wrote: »
    With the deadline approaching just a reminder to fill in your record sheets. I didn't receive 2017 booklet so I'm continuing to fill in the 2016 one.
    We spread slurry at a rate of 1000g!!! on LIPP and weedlicked those parcels last week. Ploughed the WBC on the 22nd of May, power harrowed it yesterday and we will sow, till and roll tomorrow. Last year we spread a bag of 10-10-20 to the acre at sowing but I think we will wait for a few weeks this year.

Got 2017 booklet in post this morning

pedigree 6 wrote: »
    Of course it's for privacy.
    It's bad enough atm with Google and Bing maps.
    Imagine if you're friendly robber or terrorist or foreign army looks up the images and sees everything going on in just a glance.

On the satellites there is no pointing and aiming to take a picture. All satellites have to keep moving and orbiting the earth. Otherwise they would fly off into space.
    They all take pictures in a pass.
    It's a bit more advanced than the spy planes in WW2 and the cold war but it's the same principle but with stronger lenses and higher resolution.

I'm not sure if I can explain it any better than that.

Actually go outside any clear night and you should spot a few satellites going across the sky as they orbit the earth.
    You might even spot the international space station which is super bright.

Anyway way off topic.

Edit: There are such things as geostationary satellites which orbit in unison with the earth turning and thus would be in the same patch of sky everyday but they're used for communication purposes not imagery.

I think your over estimating how photography work. I use a example on earth.

If your in America on a large plan and you can see more miles you take a photo of the whole plan as you look. When you go back to the computer that night you can see the whole plan . You can also zoom in but after a while it gets distorted and you only see pixels.

Now if you back on the plan and you use a high power lens you can see a ant from 2 miles away moving a leave . You then go back to the hotel you look at the photo you can see the ant but you can't see the rest of the plan.

When you zoom in on Google maps to see your house from seeing ireland your not zooming in on one photo . You are cycling through many photos.

Let for a minute say I'm wrong and your right that the NASA worldview earthdata can see every field in one pass.

If that was the case then why is Google maps not updated monthly , yearly , every 2 years . In fact a lot of the images are 4 years old . In fact there still parts in Ireland where the image is still blurry and u can't zoom in on the same quality.

Muckit wrote: »
    Got 2017 booklet in post this morning
    Ours arrived too.

• Advertisement

The map that my Glas actions and areas were marked out on was at least was at least 7 years old.

Advertisement