Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GLAS thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Stan27

Hello I was wondering can you do any re-seeding in LIPP? I'm thinking of levelling a ditch. There is about 500m to be levelled and I'm sure the ditch is at least 2m wide. After it is levelled, I want to reseed bit of ground where the ditch was. Thanks.

You are paid to protect the lipp, not to disturb it. Wait until the contract ends

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Dunedin

FLC wrote: »
    Balancing payment came in on Wednesday.

got mine too.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Track9

Glas 2 Balancing payment arrived earlier this week.
    Paid 150 to Vet for Heard Health Scheme. ( Comprised of long questionnaire & in Office Metg )
    Finished off with VET recommendations .
    Paid 465 e to Teagasc re Nutr Mgt Plan ( Objected to the Flat Fee, One Size fits all fee approach )
    Will decide later if appeal re the fee this or not.Have no complaint re the service provides, who are excellent .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Anyone in GLAS1 know anything about this 6hour course we have to do before the end of the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Muckit wrote: »
    Anyone in GLAS1 know anything about this 6hour course we have to do before the end of the year?
    Didn't hear of any yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,229 ✭✭✭✭Base price

So has anyone here done the course yet ?
    If so, was it your advisor that gave it?

The system seems to be only up and running since this month. I can see the usual last minute scurry to get this done!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,229 ✭✭✭✭Base price

So has anyone here done the course yet ?
    If so, was it your advisor that gave it?

The system seems to be only up and running since this month. I can see the usual last minute scurry to get this done!

Thanks
    We haven't heard anything from our advisor yet. As you said there will be a panic to get it done and I wouldn't be surprised if it ran into next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭theaceofspies

Base price wrote: »
    We haven't heard anything from our advisor yet. As you said there will be a panic to get it done and I wouldn't be surprised if it ran into next year.

Crystal Ball Time: Whats the betting that GLAS payments will be delayed (again) this year and when the Department press the now infamous "Pay Now" button a lot of participants won't be paid as this course needs to be completed by end of this year. Yet it appears that the Department are only faclilitating these courses now and there is no way that everybody will get on teh course before year end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭High bike

Rang advisor about it last week he said it would be organised before the due date

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Dozer1

rang the 2 advisors I used both reckoned they'd only get 1 or 2 courses ran before christmas rest will be next year. At peak calving time no doubt.

Dozer1 wrote: »
    rang the 2 advisors I used both reckoned they'd only get 1 or 2 courses ran before christmas rest will be next year. At peak calving time no doubt.

If you are in Glas 1 or 2 'after Christmas ' is no good to you

I know, I'm in GLAS 1 they said no hope at all of majority of people getting the course done before Dec 31st realistically its small money so they reckon people will just put up and shut up and do the course in the Spring and get paid then. I only got the money from my nutrients management plan 2 weeks ago.

The Department was supposed to have had these courses up and running last year - pressure will have to be applied for them to push out the deadline. It is possibly yet another breach of the Farmers Charter.
    Lets see which of the farmers 'unions' are first out of the blocks on requesting a change of deadline.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,319 ✭✭✭✭Water John

If any of the Orgs were on the ball, it wouldn't be happening at all.

Did anyone get form for low emission slurry yet?

Got the form for the slurry here yesterday will post it tomorrow

See the Dept have advertised a compulsory course for Glas Consultants in late Oct/Early Nov.
    Is this to train them on the course they must deliver to Glas 1 and 2 before the end of the year?

Reminds me of BER Training which started when it was already necessary.

Water John wrote: »
    See the Dept have advertised a compulsory course for Glas Consultants in late Oct/Early Nov.
    Is this to train them on the course they must deliver to Glas 1 and 2 before the end of the year?

Reminds me of BER Training which started when it was already necessary.

Its clear that most planners aren't interested in delivering the course and the Department sees this as a way of forcing training through. Another Farce coming down the tracks. The logical thing to do is extend the deadline.
    I'm starting to think the Department are looking on GLAS as a test laboratory.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Its clear that most planners aren't interested in delivering the course and the Department sees this as a way of forcing training through. Another Farce coming down the tracks. The logical thing to do is extend the deadline.
    I'm starting to think the Department are looking on GLAS as a test laboratory.

Just another example of the DAFM's slipshod attitude to the whole area. Personally I'd like to see the whole thing taken away from them and given to professionals in the NPWS or some other relevant body

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

NPWS haven't got the personall to stop a few dozen lads poaching deer, instead they go running to the Sports Coalition and try and get night time shooting banned country wide.

You want these lads in charge?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    NPWS haven't got the personall to stop a few dozen lads poaching deer, instead they go running to the Sports Coalition and try and get night time shooting banned country wide.

You want these lads in charge?

Ah I know - but there are a few decent heads in there too, whatever about senior management!! I also know they lack personal too, which again says a lot about this states approach to such matters. I suppose its desperation at this stage when it comes to any commonsense or professionalism from state agencies these days:(

Anyone hear new rules brought in for LIPP?

Apparently u can't supplementary feed stock on LIPP ground. Can't see how they could change T&C's like that. Just pub talk. It may not be true.

Can't verify that. Would it be about poaching around troughs/feeders?

Anyone hear new rules brought in for LIPP?

Apparently u can't supplementary feed stock on LIPP ground. Can't see how they could change T&C's like that. Just pub talk. It may not be true.

It's true with immediate effect

Water John wrote: »
    Can't verify that. Would it be about poaching around troughs/feeders?

Funny how you are deemed to have signed a contract , and any change on your behalf is deemed "breach of contract" with onerous penalties.

Yet DAFM can change terms of the same contract at will ?

It's a huge farsh. I never got any letter to that effect. And as Nek says how can one party change the T&Cs like that??

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    Funny how you are deemed to have signed a contract , and any change on your behalf is deemed "breach of contract" with onerous penalties.

Yet DAFM can change terms of the same contract at will ?
    Sure the farmer is always wrong

It's a huge farsh. I never got any letter to that effect. And as Nek says how can one party change the T&Cs like that??

Very easily. Remember the pollution control grants?
    "Yeah, yeah, I know we agreed to pay you the grant, (on our own notional costings, which are 20% below real world figures) as soon as all the works were finished and inspected, and the Certs in. But the thing is, we're a bit short ourselves, so we're going to change the terms and pay you in instalments instead. Your contractor and builder and steel supplier and electrician and diggerman and bank manager won't mind at all" :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

unfortunately yes one of the ts&cs is that the dept can alter it at their own discression

Advertisement