Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GLAS thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

I thought they all ended the same time, with Glas1 being longest

They're just different tranches, Glas 1 was highest priority and first entrants as they had hen harrier etc, Glas 2 had dribble bar etc and dunno what Glas 3 had. But basically same timeframe but different starting times.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Track9

Got telephone message of Glas Inspect this week.
    Any key items I should focus on?
    At moment due to House Repairs disturbance, we unable to find Herd Movement Blue Book?
    Could this be an issue?
    Many Thanks.
    P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,229 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Track9 wrote: »
    Got telephone message of Glas Inspect this week.
    Any key items I should focus on?
    At moment due to House Repairs disturbance, we unable to find Herd Movement Blue Book?
    Could this be an issue?
    Many Thanks.
    P
    Your blue book/herd register has nothing to do with GLAS so no worries there. They will look for your Record book/sheets for the number of years that you have been in GLAS along with purchase receipts for seed/fertiliser/contractors etc. If you have bat boxes then ensure they are marked on your GLAS map and their location is marked with signage/ribbon/baler twine whatever on the tree or adjacent fence post.
    Make sure that your records book/sheets are up to date/completed with whatever actions that you applied for. Ensure all fences are standing and in good repair for WBC and protection of Watercourses from Bovines.
    We have LIPP, WBC and Bat boxes so I'm not aware of the requirements for other actions.

OP thanks as your post reminded me to download the 2018 record sheets that refer to our GLAS actions.
    Here is the link to the DAFM GLAS website for anyone who needs to download them. Click on which GLAS Trance you are in - 1, 2 or 3 on the list and it opens another list where you can choose 2018 Record sheets. You can browse through all the record sheets and download/print off the ones that are appropriate to your GLAS actions.
    https://www.agriculture.gov.ie/farmerschemespayments/glas/

Base price wrote: »
    Your blue book/herd register has nothing to do with GLAS so no worries there. They will look for your Record book/sheets for the number of years that you have been in GLAS along with purchase receipts for seed/fertiliser/contractors etc. If you have bat boxes then ensure they are marked on your GLAS map and their location is marked with signage/ribbon/baler twine whatever on the tree or adjacent fence post.
    Make sure that your records book/sheets are up to date/completed with whatever actions that you applied for. Ensure all fences are standing and in good repair for WBC and protection of Watercourses from Bovines.
    We have LIPP, WBC and Bat boxes so I'm not aware of the requirements for other actions.
    ===============================================

Sincerest thanks to you Base price for valued advice. Felt relieved when you said Blue Book not part of Glas Inspection.( think I might have confused with Cross Compliance )
    You were right on the button.The Dept lady walked the ground, checked the Fencing & Gates.Looked for Recpts for Seeds for our two years ( we in Glas 2 ) WBC, Trad Hay Meadow & traditional grazing? Said a big deal wud be made if any Round Feeders being used, or poor fencing or gates.Was satisfied with the field work & sought the sheets & Nitrates report. ( Bit more work to do )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭TPF2012

Track9 wrote:
    Said a big deal wud be made if any Round Feeders being used, or poor fencing or gates.Was satisfied with the field work & sought the sheets & Nitrates report. ( Bit more work to do )

What is the rules on round feeder, are they banned or what?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

TPF2012 wrote: »

Just can't be used on hay meadow or LIPP.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Aravo

Can you use creep feeders and troughs for sheep in Trad Hay Meadow or LIPP.

Aravo wrote: »
    Can you use creep feeders and troughs for sheep in Trad Hay Meadow or LIPP.
    Yes as long as poaching does not occur.

"Supplementary meal feeding may take place on these parcels, provided meal troughs are moved to avoid poaching. Where the parcel is a Natura parcel, the GLAS advisor and participant should ensure that the supplementary feeding of meal does not impact negatively on the Natura site."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭lab man

TPF2012 wrote:

Totally banned I had an inspection last November yer man fined me over it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

lab man wrote: »
    Totally banned I had an inspection last November yer man fined me over it

Was there poaching?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,471 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

ganmo wrote: »
    Was there poaching?

They aren't allowed for bovines on lipp or thm poaching or no poaching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Allowed for sheep but not for cattle

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭TPF2012

Are they allowed on ground not in Glas?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

They're allowed on ground not in GLAS alright, but not allowed for cattle feeding. You're allowed feed meal to cattle on GLAS land but no ring feeder.
    Goalposts were changed with immediate effect for us back in oct......tossers.

0XpArDJh.png?1

https://www.independent.ie/business/farming/schemes/department-amends-cattle-and-sheep-supplementary-feeding-rules-on-glas-parcels-36208850.html

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Wes Palmer Lee

Just in relation to the THM .. I have a few parcels of this in Glas that are good for nothing else so never grazed. For that reason there are no gates at the gaps.
    Am I in bother if inspected?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Sami23

Just filling in record sheets for last year and I know it's probably been asked before but how many bags of say 18-6-12 can you put out per year on THM and LIPP to stay under the limit of 40kg per hectare ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Dozer1

I'd love to meet the man who invented the round feeder and tell him to p*ss off and invent something else.

they create nothing but a whole heap of **** in hours and are awkward as hell to lift up/ tip over, I know needs must but I've 2 good quality ones here ideal since the fathers time that I would gladly give away for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

They were of their time and served a purpose before slatted sheds and concrete yards.

Yes, those round ones were a curse.
    Would you consider the Square Feeders ( One side swings open like a gate )
    No lifting & the d.. mm thing taking off on ya.
    P:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭croot

Dozer1 wrote: »
    I'd love to meet the man who invented the round feeder and tell him to p*ss off and invent something else.

they create nothing but a whole heap of **** in hours and are awkward as hell to lift up/ tip over, I know needs must but I've 2 good quality ones here ideal since the fathers time that I would gladly give away for free.

All you need is a front loader. I'm feeding the cows that have calved outside because no shed space and I can drop the bale in without needing to lift the feeder. Fair enough they muck up the place but the field will have to be reseeded now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭zetor 4911

Sami23 wrote: »
    Just filling in record sheets for last year and I know it's probably been asked before but how many bags of say 18-6-12 can you put out per year on THM and LIPP to stay under the limit of 40kg per hectare ?
    Remember when you are putting out 18-6-12 you are putting out nitrogen as well as phosphorous so you need to know the P index of the soils before you can give a recommendation of 18-6-12.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

zetor 4911 wrote: »
    Remember when you are putting out 18-6-12 you are putting out nitrogen as well as phosphorous so you need to know the P index of the soils before you can give a recommendation of 18-6-12.
    I thought there was only a 40kg/Ha N limit, didn’t realize there was a P limit too

I thought there was only a 40kg/Ha N limit, didn’t realize there was a P limit too
    There is a P limits for all crops (even if not in GLAS) . Need to know your P index for the field to work out the limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Sami23

Anyone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,320 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Sami, I suggest you contact you Glas advisor, to make sure everything is Kosher.
    I can't help you as I don't put any bag fertiliser on mine.

Water John wrote: »
    Sami, I suggest you contact you Glas advisor, to make sure everything is Kosher.
    I can't help you as I don't put any bag fertiliser on mine.
    That's good advice as you could walk yourself into a big penalty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

1.8 bags per acre / 4.44 bags per ha

For 18-6-12:
    (40kg per ha)/(9kg N per 50kg bag) = 4.44 bags per ha

4.44 x 0.4047 = 1.8 bags per acre
    https://m.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057560824

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Got paid over 80% of last years money from Glas in December. Anyone know when the balance will be paid?

• Advertisement

Qprmeath wrote: »
    Got paid over 80% of last years money from Glas in December. Anyone know when the balance will be paid?
    Balance was paid in September last year and in August the year before.

Advertisement