Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GLAS thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Sami23 wrote: »
    Anyone ?

Did u read the first page of this tread at all?!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,398 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Was there some talk of it being brought forward?

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

I won’t book my summer holidays with it then

Take the IOU from the Dept, into the bank, as collaterol.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Wes Palmer Lee

Just in relation to the THM .. I have a few parcels of this in Glas that are good for nothing else so never grazed. For that reason there are no gates at the gaps.
    Am I in bother if inspected?

Sorry does anyone know if gates need to be hung at gaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

We got a letter one year in AEOS because an inspector walked around or drove past or something (never seen him anyway) and noticed a parcel we were claiming on wasn't fenced to be grazed. It was an awkward piece that was behind the turfshed where we parked the tractor on/left bits of machinery in summer.
    But we had to hang a gate and fence it a bit and prove that it was being grazed by a certain date. That's all I can say Wes, not GLAS but similar enough. Though you could argue there's no animals around to break into the THM....:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Butcher Boy

Had glas inspection today all went fine thank god. a young lad very nice chap rang yesterday around 1 to say he would be on at 10 30 today ,walked the rivers and checked every thing that was on the plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

An external gate would be needed I’m guessing to show the plot is fully stock proof which is a bps requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Aravo

Had glas inspection today all went fine thank god. a young lad very nice chap rang yesterday around 1 to say he would be on at 10 30 today ,walked the rivers and checked every thing that was on the plan.

If you have sheep, anything raised about poaching at creep feeders or sheep troughs. Maybe this poaching thing is more to do with cattle and that's why ring feeders are out.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Wes Palmer Lee

I wonder will the THM close off be extended any further?
    Doubtful but it would be of great help to me at the moment!

• Advertisement

Doubt it, unless they extend the cutting date out to 15th July. Otherwise, the seeds will not have developed on the meadow.

Had my second GLAS inspection last week. Needed it like a hole in the head but all went fine. Very nice guy. Just have to submit paperwork now.

Muckit wrote: »
    Had my second GLAS inspection last week. Needed it like a hole in the head but all went fine. Very nice guy. Just have to submit paperwork now.

H muckit was it the same lad that came to you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭TPF2012

Muckit wrote:

Just wondering any reason for the 2nd inspection? No inspections here yet, thought they were only doing 5% of farms a year.

TPF2012 wrote: »
    Just wondering any reason for the 2nd inspection? No inspections here yet, thought they were only doing 5% of farms a year.
    They done a cluster of about 10 farmers around here that I know and there was 3 different inspectors .

H muckit was it the same lad that came to you ?

No different lads each time from 2 different dept of ag office locations. I couldn't believe it. 24hrs notice.

Really thought that would be it after the first one 2years ago. Are they trying to catch lads out or what?

Your guess is as good as mine. Everything was ticked off as 100%compliant first time. I don't have WBC and perhaps this is reason as they don't want to inspect these after the winter/spring we had? Hard to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭kk.man

Your guess is as good as mine. Everything was ticked off as 100%compliant first time. I don't have WBC and perhaps this is reason as they don't want to inspect these after the winter/spring we had? Hard to know.
    Probably inspecting the inspector.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭Base price

A friend of ours had a second inspection last week. The inspector looked at the WBC even though it had been grazed off, fencing along a river and something else that I cannot remember.

Good news - our 15% balance payment is going to be issued tomorrow which is months ahead of the schedule :)
    http://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/glas-balancing-payments-to-begin-issuing-this-week/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Left the cattle on to the wbc barley/linseed patch mid April. It was great to have some of them out of the rising slurry and fast disappearing bales.

Payback today, tractor bogged down, sprayer in the field and stuff out with knapsack.

Few more hours tomorrow.

Wonder will they stretch sowingvdate.

Some places won't take a tractor unless we have two good weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭High bike

Base price wrote: »
    Good news - our 15% balance payment is going to be issued tomorrow which is months ahead of the schedule :)
    http://www.agriland.ie/farming-news/glas-balancing-payments-to-begin-issuing-this-week/
    yep it’s in amounts due today:D

High bike wrote: »
    Excellent. TBH I never thought of it again until I saw your post. I've been busy in the last couple of days helping my Sister sorting through Mam's clothes/personal effects.
    In fairness to DAFM they got the finger out when needed and imo have partially redeemed their atrocious reputation regarding previous delays with GLAS payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

High bike wrote: »
    No sign of mine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Neddyusa

Base price wrote: »

Not sure where you saw this being ahead of schedule!??

This 15% 2017 payment was due to farmers last March, but like everything else with GLAS - the department missed their own deadline.

There is also a few still waiting on the 85% payment for last year - anyone on here not get it yet?

Neddyusa wrote: »
    Not sure where you saw this being ahead of schedule!??

This 15% 2017 payment was due to farmers last March, but like everything else with GLAS - the department missed their own deadline.

There is also a few still waiting on the 85% payment for last year - anyone on here not get it yet?
    http://glasfarmplanners.ie/key-scheme-payment-dates-farmers-should-know-about-in-2017/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭keepalive213

Neddyusa wrote: »

Waiting since nov/ dec still nothing. Keep saying its an IT problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭mayota

‘ping’

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭sea12

Planting of Wild bird cover date extended to mid June

• Advertisement

sea12 wrote: »
    Planting of Wild bird cover date extended to mid June
    Yep, extended to the 16th of June.

Advertisement