Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GLAS thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Mach Two

Any more information about the new REPS scheme ?

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭zetor 4911

Mach Two wrote: »

Won't happen for at least 18 months. Won't be anything like REPS more like GLAS.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭endainoz

Mach Two wrote: »

Pilot scheme next year, will have glas extended by a year to fill the gap, anyone on glas 3 have one more year left on it anyway.

We really don't have much details on the new scheme, I'd say details are still being ironed out especially with the CAP cut they will have to work around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Does Glas 2 finish up at end of this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

It would be to the end of your actions, so with the Wild bird cover you couldn't touch it till march 15th of next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Does Glas 2 finish up at end of this year?

Glas 1 31 dec this year, so glas 2 end of next year

• Registered Users Posts: 21,389 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Glas 1 31 dec this year, so glas 2 end of next year

Not sure on that, I'm Glas 2 and in my fifth year AFAIK. I have sat WBC five times anyway. Glas 3 would be a year later.

Water John wrote: »
    Not sure on that, I'm Glas 2 and in my fifth year AFAIK. I have sat WBC five times anyway. Glas 3 would be a year later.

I always assumed glas 2 was a year behind glas 1, but checked again and glas 1 was late getting going, so appears that both glas 1and 2 finish at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭endainoz

Yeah that would make sense, I'm in GLAS 3 and have one more year of wbc to plant

I always assumed glas 2 was a year behind glas 1, but checked again and glas 1 was late getting going, so appears that both glas 1and 2 finish at the same time.

Glas 1 had a few months of a payment before the first full year. Maybe 3 months or something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Danzy wrote: »
    It would be to the end of your actions, so with the Wild bird cover you couldn't touch it till march 15th of next year.
    We are in GLAS 1 and my understanding is that we cannot allow cattle into graze the WBC or top the LIPP until the 15th of March 2021.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭k mac

Base price wrote: »
    We are in GLAS 1 and my understanding is that we cannot allow cattle into graze the WBC or top the LIPP until the 15th of March 2021.

Is there not talks on GLAS being extended for a year as the new REPS scheme won't be up and running for next year. I am in GLAS2 and as far as I know I was to be finished this year as the other poster said I have also sowed the WBC for 5 years. Presume if its extended it means you have to carry out the actions for another year, as in sow the WBC again

IWT the ext in an option and most will take it. but my understanding is Glas is a legal 5 year contract between you and the Dept. Can only be extended by mutual agreement.

What's the story if you extend it for another year and subsequently got a fine in year 6. Can they claw back all money for the past 6 years ? Or just the money from that year ? Are you gambling everything earned over the first 5 years ? Not sure whether I'll re enter scheme or not as would like to do some reseeding, etc

What's the story if you extend it for another year and subsequently got a fine in year 6. Can they claw back all money for the past 6 years ? Or just the money from that year ? Are you gambling everything earned over the first 5 years ? Not sure whether I'll re enter scheme or not as would like to do some reseeding, etc
    Excellent point.

I understand your dilemna. Is it a separate contract? I want to change things too. Been absolutely tied for years, would have liked to have moved WBC and use it to improve another piece of ground, among other things.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

When does main Glas payment get sent out?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭kerrysoul

It was paid on the 6th of Nov last year, so I would expect payment to be made on the same date for this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,022 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

kerrysoul wrote: »
    It was paid on the 6th of Nov last year, so I would expect payment to be made on the same date for this year.

It was nearly Christmas the first years

You're gambling.

• Advertisement

kerrysoul wrote: »
    According to a circular sent out by DAFM in August it will be paid in November but it doesn't give a date.

You're gambling.

I'd say legally the Dept would be on dubious ground. It's a 5 year legal contract TMK so rolling it over may be a separate contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

Is there an extension for GLAS yet? Or will there be one?

Water John wrote: »
    I'd say legally the Dept would be on dubious ground. It's a 5 year legal contract TMK so rolling it over may be a separate contract.

They've been asked the question already, that was the direction of the answer. When have you known them to go easy on farmers? Is it the BEEP scheme where they have a 140% penalty.

The other question that should be asked is, if a farmer accepts a GLAS extension, and in the meantime a REPS 2 (I don't call it the new REPS because it won't be a thing like it) scheme opens, will a farmer that is currently under contract to a GLAS scheme be eligible to enter a REPS 2 scheme should they choose to?

The other question that should be asked is, if a farmer accepts a GLAS extension, and in the meantime a REPS 2 (I don't call it the new REPS because it won't be a thing like it) scheme opens, will a farmer that is currently under contract to a GLAS scheme be eligible to enter a REPS 2 scheme should they choose to?
    I read somewhere (can't find the article now) that if you accept a 2 year GLAS extension you cannot enter a new REPS type scheme. Basically you are locked into the GLAS scheme until it is terminated.

Thought the purpose of the ext was so that there wouldn't be a lacuna between the two. That a farmer wouldn't have a year 2021 without any payment?
    Or is the new scheme, following the pilot, scheduled for 2023?

Base price wrote: »
    I read somewhere (can't find the article now) that if you accept a 2 year GLAS extension you cannot enter a new REPS type scheme. Basically you are locked into the GLAS scheme until it is terminated.

I'm sure you could apply and be accepted into the new scheme, but your start date would only be after the glas ended. That's what they did with glas. Many started it a few months later then those not previously in schemes, to allow them see out their commitments, ie glas 1 started in Oct, but some lads that were in Aeos started 3 months later on the 1st jan

I'm sure you could apply and be accepted into the new scheme, but your start date would only be after the glas ended. That's what they did with glas. Many started it a few months later then those not previously in schemes, to allow them see out their commitments.

They may have a quota.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭tanko

They've been asked the question already, that was the direction of the answer. When have you known them to go easy on farmers? Is it the BEEP scheme where they have a 140% penalty.

The 140% penalty applies to the BDGP. If you don't do some of the stuff in BEEP, you don't get paid for those bits i think.

Advertisement