Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GLAS thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,389 ✭✭✭✭Water John

It might be like the last application round to the Organic Scheme. Sign up first, spend your money complying and we'll tell you the rules a year later.

They may have a quota.

I'm pretty sure they'll have a quota or limiting action of some kind, my grape vine tells me they're in difficulty finding the funding to cover REPS mk2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

I'm pretty sure they'll have a quota or limiting action of some kind, my grape vine tells me they're in difficulty finding the funding to cover REPS mk2.

Any indications what might be included under REPS mk2?

What measures worked well in terms of both farmer take up and environmental returns?
    I know that doesn’t guarantee anything, just interested in seeing what worked for everyone...

Any indications what might be included under REPS mk2?

What measures worked well in terms of both farmer take up and environmental returns?
    I know that doesn’t guarantee anything, just interested in seeing what worked for everyone...

I didn't ask as the conversation was about another issue and I didn't want to sidetrack it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Has anyone here suffered a clawback for not carrying out one of their GLAS actions 100% properly?

How does the Department go about collecting the money?

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭Jb1989

Has anyone here suffered a clawback for not carrying out one of their GLAS actions 100% properly?

How does the Department go about collecting the money?

Yes I have this year, they give me the option of paying it myself or takeing it out of future subsidies, so I lost my area aid money and few other bits. All cleared now

Jb1989 wrote: »
    Yes I have this year, they give me the option of paying it myself or takeing it out of future subsidies, so I lost my area aid money and few other bits. All cleared now

Thanks for that...Did you think about appealing at all?

Thanks for that...Did you think about appealing at all?

I did, I thought I couldve come up with some sob story, but my planner said unless I was dead it was a waste of time. Probly shouldve went ahead myself and wrote them something, but in all honesty I had to hold my hands up to my actions.

Jb1989 wrote: »
    I did, I thought I couldve come up with some sob story, but my planner said unless I was dead it was a waste of time. Probly shouldve went ahead myself and wrote them something, but in all honesty I had to hold my hands up to my actions.

Ya, i know what you mean...im in abit of a tricky one...i signed up for one of the actions but didnt do it exactly as they wanted, i did a different action that produced the same result (if that makes sense?)

We are talking over 6k if they claw back all the years...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭Sami23

Ya, i know what you mean...im in abit of a tricky one...i signed up for one of the actions but didnt do it exactly as they wanted, i did a different action that produced the same result (if that makes sense?)

We are talking over 6k if they claw back all the years...

What action was it ?

• Advertisement

I had coppicing hedgerows down (my ex planner did)....however, I Laid the hedges, the resulting hedges have turned out really well...but by the letter of the law, its not looking good

I had coppicing hedgerows down (my ex planner did)....however, I Laid the hedges, the resulting hedges have turned out really well...but by the letter of the law, its not looking good

Ah feck that I'd appeal it anyway

Sami23 wrote: »
    Ah feck that I'd appeal it anyway

Ya, im really happy with my hedgerows now (great new growth- zero gaps!) and have them well fenced off aswell...i wouldnt change it to be honest, just annoyed that my ex planner put it down as coppicing....
    An honest mistake but im not sure the department will see it as that...

Ya, im really happy with my hedgerows now (great new growth- zero gaps!) and have them well fenced off aswell...i wouldnt change it to be honest, just annoyed that my ex planner put it down as coppicing....
    An honest mistake but im not sure the department will see it as that...

Definately worth an appeal in my eyes. You have nothing to loose

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Appeal it. Would imagine at worst it will be mitagted somewhat, lessening the financial pain

That's twice the claw back I owed, and I thought mine was bad, but in fairness youd be completely right to appeal that, you went overboard instead of under.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭mayota

Glas money showing on Agfood.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

mayota wrote: »

Me too :):)

Might even get to keep some of this ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Dunedin

mayota wrote: »

What %

• Registered Users Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭tanko

Dunedin wrote: »
    What %

Same as last year, 85% i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

Great to see it here too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Tileman

lab man wrote: »
    Great to see it here too

That’s earlier than last year. Usually it’s end of November. Seems the govt is really trying to keep cash flow going this year to keep people spending a few pound. I did a vat reclaim and it was approved in less than an hour and money in account in 48 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭High bike

Showing here too

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭limerick farmer

money in the account this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 21,389 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Yeah yippee, off to the pub...oh.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭dodo mommy

Has anyone had a glas inspection lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

No, but payment held up here as satellite check said we were overclaiming in total 0.04 hectares & underclaiming in total across all fields 0.1 hectares :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mrs cockett

Can someone please tell me where to find Glas on Agfood, Not a sign of it here

• Registered Users Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭Base price

Can someone please tell me where to find Glas on Agfood, Not a sign of it here
    Under Direct Payments- you can view your application.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Mrs cockett

No, but payment held up here as satellite check said we were overclaiming in total 0.04 hectares & underclaiming in total across all fields 0.1 hectares :rolleyes:

Did they write to tell you this, Lady

Advertisement