Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GLAS thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭MIKEKC

Qprmeath wrote: »
    Has anyone ever had a sanction imposed by a Glas inspector? I was removed from the scheme in 2018 as inspector wasn’t happy with my catch crops. Going to the appeals committee next week. Just wondering has anyone experience of this?

Went to appeal with a Reps problem years ago. The appeals inspector agreed with the person that applied the penalty even though I sent the receipt . (It had to do with spreading Lime).Took the matter to the Ombudsonman and won. I know it's different to your case but you have this option.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Capercaillie

lab man wrote: »
    And rightly so any crowd that said bees would go into wet sand ... the mind boggles

IFA want that measure in new REPS, money for doing nothing with minimal benefit to biodiversity

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Tomjim

when is the right time to sow the bird seed, kale and oats, could you sow it next weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,387 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Tomjim wrote: »
    when is the right time to sow the bird seed, kale and oats, could you sow it next weekend?

Yeah in it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭kerrysoul

Is there a bal due to glas 1 participants this month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Tileman

kerrysoul wrote: »
    Is there a bal due to glas 1 participants this month.

Usually comes in may

• Registered Users Posts: 5,208 ✭✭✭Grueller

Sowed linseed and oats here last Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

Tileman wrote: »
    Usually comes in may

Paid on April 17th last year.

Paid on April 17th last year.

Yea I think they paid it early last year as part of plan to ease cash flow following beef protests and poor prices etc.
    This year with record sheep and dairy prices and improved beef prices and the government broke it may be later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭High bike

Its showing in amounts due her today

• Advertisement

Grueller wrote: »
    Sowed linseed and oats here last Saturday

Linseed is great to promote fungi growth underground. That's why it's recommended in cover crops too.
    A cheque coming is great news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭lab man

Water John wrote: »
    Linseed is great to promote fungi growth underground. That's why it's recommended in cover crops too.
    A cheque coming is great news.

What %age would be coming ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭mayota

lab man wrote: »
    What %age would be coming ?

About 15%

High bike wrote: »
    Its showing in amounts due her today

I stand completely corrected. Good news though.

Have many people here got their balancing payment?
    No sign of anything here, either in payments processed or in process.

Yea got mine into the account last week and spent it .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭Dunedin

Got it here and just added it straight to my communion money account

Yeah, got written confirmation two days ago.

Looks like I've a problem so. I had an inspection where minor remedial action was needed. I closed everything out, but I guess some box hasn't been ticked somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,350 ✭✭✭Tomjim

I see there is frost promised this weekend. I broadcast the seeds and run the chainharrow over it after. Would the frost destroy it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭High bike

We sowed grass seed 3 weeks ago and I asked the merchant that very question.He said spread away frost doesn't effect seed only grass

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

Bit of a long story but my membership of Glas was terminated in 2018. I was paid in 16 and 17 as normal. Then paid in 18 but had to repay it. Then nothing in 19 and 20 and now scheme is over. So I’ve been appealing which dragged on and on obviously not helped by the Covid situation.. Last week had my termination reduced to a penalty situation. Anyone know will I get my 18 money back or anything for 19 and 20?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

Bit of a long story but my membership of Glas was terminated in 2018. I was paid in 16 and 17 as normal. Then paid in 18 but had to repay it. Then nothing in 19 and 20 and now scheme is over. So I’ve been appealing which dragged on and on obviously not helped by the Covid situation.. Last week had my termination reduced to a penalty situation. Anyone know will I get my 18 money back or anything for 19 and 20?

What was the reason for the termination? You gotta stay onto of these things, every few pound counts

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Alibaba

You might have a chance of getting it back if you're termination was just reduced to a penalty .

Would have to know the full facts to be able to offer an opinion on the case.

Best thing is to get on to the Department ( I know it can be frustrating) and try and get talking to somebody. Just keep trying them.

Maybe IFA could be of help to you. They have contacts in the Department.

I was in a similar situation a few years ago to yourself , found IFA very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭Sami23

Well did everyone get their WBC in by the deadline ?

Sami23 wrote: »

Got it on three weeks ago and only some of it germinated. Horrible weather for new seeds. Cold and wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

TITANIUM. wrote: »
    What was the reason for the termination? You gotta stay onto of these things, every few pound counts

Failure to establish catch crop.
    Very slow establishing on dry ground in driest part of country. Sanction is now that only a portion of it didn’t grow.
    Probably should have tilled more but with seed costing €7/800 would not have made sense,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,253 ✭✭✭Sami23

Tileman wrote: »
    Got it on three weeks ago and only some of it germinated. Horrible weather for new seeds. Cold and wet.

Next few weeks look bad too. Alot of rain forecast

• Registered Users Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Got it sowed yesterday
    Fields are wet and could do with another 2 weeks, but deadlines are deadlines

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Was lucky, the most of it I put in the end of April, just before the weather broke...

The last bit, is a shambles, and best not talk too much about it... If it comes, it'll be a bit of a miracle...

Advertisement