Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheque in married name a/c in maiden name

Options
  • 06-04-2016 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭

Hi there can you advise please. The cheque is crossed and a/c payee only. Is there any way to lodge this cheque to my account as I don't want the hassle of getting it reissued. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

screamer wrote: »
    Hi there can you advise please. The cheque is crossed and a/c payee only.  Is there any way to lodge this cheque to my account as I don't want the hassle of getting it reissued. Thanks.
    Hi screamer, 

Thanks for getting in touch.

As the cheque is crossed and marked 'a/c payee only' the name on the cheque must match the name on the account it is lodged to. 

If you wish, you can change the name on your account by calling into your local BOI branch with valid photo ID and your marriage certificate. Contact details for your local branch can be found here

Alternatively, you can request for the cheque to be re-issued in your maiden name. 

Thanks,

Sharon

Advertisement