Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

don't know what to do - can't stop crying

• 06-04-2016 3:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23

Hi all,

Really sorry if this is in the wrong place, please feel free to move it if it is.

I don't know what's up with me lately. I've been crying almost constantly for three days straight, all I want to do is sleep, and I can't motivate myself to do anything.

THe other day I had a chance to do what I always thought was my dream job, and I HATED it. Now I'm back in college part time, studying communications and PR, and I just can't seem to motivate myself at all. It's like my brain has turned to cotton wool. This is a diploma course, and I already have an Honours degree, so this really shouldn't be as difficult as I'm making it for myself.

I also lost my Mum suddenly last July, and I coped really well - had my good days, and of course my bad days, but I kept myself going pretty well. Now, though, I just want it all to go away. And I don't get it, because I have great family, lovely friends, and lots to look forward to (or at least, stuff any normal person would look forward to), like singing at my friend's wedding in May and going to her hen at the end of April. Even music isn't cheering me up, it's just irritating me. All I want to do is sleep for ever, but I won't ever give up...

I don't even know what I'm asking, TBH, I just need to do something to get myself back into life again...

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭flowerchild

I'm sorry to hear you have been feeling so sad.

Is it possible that it was a bit of a shock or disappointment to finally experience your 'dream job' and then not enjoy it? And then not be able to talk it over with your mum? That combination would certainly be enough to knock me around a bit.

It's good to acknowledge how you have been feeling - that is a good first step towards feeling better.

You have lots of options for next steps. You could talk to friends, go to your GP, see student counselling, or get back into a routine, whether or not you feel like it. All of these are good places to start.

If you like reading, then Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) is interesting and worth learning about.

It's also worth remembering that all sorts of people care about you. Best wishes.

Advertisement