Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using visa debit card in Israel

Options
  • 06-04-2016 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

Hello,
    I'm travelling to Tel Aviv and will have my personal BOI card and my business one (both Visa debit). 

I presume these will work ok and that BOI won't block the transactions? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sharon

ezra_ wrote: »
    Hello,
    I'm travelling to Tel Aviv and will have my personal BOI card and my business one (both Visa debit). 

I presume these will work ok and that BOI won't block the transactions? 
    Hi ezra_, 

Thanks for getting in touch. 

Your Visa Debit card will be accepted worldwide where you see the Visa logo displayed. For security, there is lower daily ATM limits while abroad, this can be as low as €100 per day. If your transaction is declined, we would recommend trying again selecting a lower amount. There is no limit on point of sale purchases and you can use this up to available funds. 

Please see page 8 here for charges associated with using your card abroad.

We would strongly recommend advising us of your travel dates to ensure your cards operate as normal while away. You can submit travel notice to us via BOI365 Online by selecting 'Online Service Desk' & 'Ask a Question' (please ensure you do this for each card).

Have a safe trip and if there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know. 

Thanks,

Sharon

Advertisement