Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fairy house

Options
  • 06-04-2016 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

hi all,i made a small fairy house/ village for the kids..this will ne placed in garden.,a lot is made from wood,what wood be the best type of clear varnish to put on this,??or something clear to protect the wood?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

A picture would help!

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭lolokeogh

baaba maal wrote: »
    A picture would help!

dont have one sorry,its just clear wood varnish i need for outside..so asvice on that..what is made is made from light wood,but very small..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

lolokeogh wrote: »
    dont have one sorry,its just clear wood varnish i need for outside..so asvice on that..what is made is made from light wood,but very small..

Most exterior wood varnishes should do, at least three coats, yacht varnish is one, what about painting the thing many fairy colours instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭baaba maal

Yeah, go a bit mad with it, I think,

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭lolokeogh

yeah "the bit mad"..thing is right,cheers folks,ill work on it and try get pics up..thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement