Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick of estate agents attitudes...

Options
  • 06-04-2016 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭

Allow me a little rant. I am sick of the attitude of estate agents - i live one of the larger cities in Ireland. I am looking to buy a house, have my money ready to go yet estate agents are just not interested.

I have three instances i can think off the top of my head that have brought me to post this mini rant!

I called three times about a house i would be interested in viewing. Nobody ever got back to me from that estate agent.

Another estate agent arranged to meet met at a house a specific time (via text) - we turn up to the house. No sign of her, i call her - she said she had just left as the viewing was from 2.-2.30 when she agreed to meet me at the property at 2.30. I had the text to prove it. She made a huge fuss about having to turn back to show us the house (at the time we had an appointment) and asked "how long will you need? as i have other people to meet". I nearly exploded - she was so rude to me on the phone - she was ADAMANT i was wrong. The to ask me how long i was going to need as she was rushing.

Finally - after 3 phone calls to another estate agents i finally got a time to view a house, I got a call from the office this morning confirming the viewing tomorrow and verifying my contact number. After lunch today i got a call saying that they would have to cancel the appointment as the agent had booked someone else into that slot. i asked why as i had booked and confirmed that slot - i had arranged to be out of work early. Lady on the phone said - the agent booked it and she couldnt cancel. I asked why the other people took precedent over me - she had no come back. I asked why she expected me to change my times when it was my viewing slot first. There was something fishy about it (its a desirable house - she could be bringing a friend/family member to it). I (again) nearly exploded. Another agent from the agency will see us tomorrow at the property at a later time - but still i am furious.

I really dont get what these estate agents attitudes stem from. I have dealt with one highly professional office in my city but thats it.

Also i forgot to mention the estate agent of the house we previously went sale agreed on - he omitted to tell us that the sewerage access has been built over when the extension was put on....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Mod note A&P is not a soapbox forum. Since your post is more suited to the Ranting and Raving forum I'm closing this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement