Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a house in Castletroy

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Traveller83

jenb550 wrote: »
    Hi Traveller83,

I commented on this post a while back when my fiancé and I were originally looking at these houses. We bit the bullet and bought just towards the end of 2016 and between the jigs and the reels with a few minor delays we got the keys (delivered to us on a Saturday by the foreman, in fairness to him) on April 1st

We've had a few teething issues with some of our shower traps not sitting correctly and our sitting room floor needs replacing but the builders have been honest and accommodating throughout. Our little lad has autism and when I mentioned it in passing I was asked if he needed anything in particular fitted to the house or if we needed any special lighting in his room. Overall I'm impressed with how clean the site around us is and the ease at which I can get in contact with builders, plummer, electricians and carpenters if needs be. The decorators even gave me a small pot of the paint that's on the walls if I need to touch up at any stage.

The house is warm, very warm. We've been sleeping with a fan and have been grateful for it. The biggest issue we've had, believe it or not, is connecting our phone line! Eircom have been impossible to deal with ad I've logged a complaint with comreg. Final installation of our broadband is to happen tomorrow so I can update you on that if needs be.

We are really happy here and don't regret it one bit so far, though I'm aware it's only early days. Feel free to pm me if you want to chat a out anything specific or if you want to pop out to our house and have a look.
    Jen

Thanks again, just sent you a PM..sorry about the last question mark...was meant to be a smiley ðŸ˜႒ðŸ˜႒ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Hi, I just wanted to see if anyone has some new updates on the Caislean na Habhainn estate? We were viewing a house there recently and it appears to be finished to a high standard. It was a lovely house but some reviews on boards are a little offputing so i was wondering if anything changed in the recent months. Especially in terms of the type of people living around.

Traffic volume on the Groody Road is likely to increase significantly because of the expansion of the Northern Trust operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Traveller83

chicorytip wrote: »
    Traffic volume on the Groody Road is likely to increase significantly because of the expansion of the Northern Trust operation.

Thanks for the reply. We had thought about this but heard they might be building a road to old golf links road at some stage, have you heard about this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

chicorytip wrote: »

Traffic between 16:45 - 17:30 daily is an absolute nightmare from Groody Rd - Ballysimon roundabout. That's not including the college traffic over the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Thanks for the reply. We had thought about this but heard they might be building a road to old golf links road at some stage, have you heard about this?

No, I heard nothing about that. Castletroy, in general, has far too many residential developments for an area of it's size. Dooradoyle is similar - no green areas left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Eugooglizer

Hi,

Have bought one of the new houses... currently waiting to get keys. Just waiting on our snag list to be completed. There is a road being built to link groody road to the golf links road - builder had told us same. If you need any information pm me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Hi,

Have bought one of the new houses... currently waiting to get keys. Just waiting on our snag list to be completed. There is a road being built to link groody road to the golf links road - builder had told us same. If you need any information pm me :)

Any idea when the road is starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

Irish_rat wrote: »
    Any idea when the road is starting?

This road has been in the pipeline for 10+ years and still no sign of it

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wherearewe45

paulers06 wrote:
    This road has been in the pipeline for 10+ years and still no sign of it

On a similar note, are there any plans to widen those 2 bridges on the bottom of Golf Links Road. They're a nightmare every morning and evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 offscrew

Any one in the new phase of Caislean na Habhainn ,
    I was just wondering who you can get for the following
    Bins
    Broadband

I am moving there mid January as soon as my house is finished . I'm just looking at getting a few things sorted before that so any information would be greatly appreciated.
    How are ye finding the area etc ? Is is quiet ? What is traffic like in the mornings ( approx 7.30 am )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Jose Maria

On a similar note, are there any plans to widen those 2 bridges on the bottom of Golf Links Road. They're a nightmare every morning and evening.

There's something going on down there at the moment, I hope it's not traffic lights

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Jose Maria wrote: »
    There's something going on down there at the moment, I hope it's not traffic lights

There's no work going on at the bridges, just on the old Ballysimon road I thought no? I heard they're putting cycle lanes in on the old Ballysimon road.

Advertisement