Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heuston Station to Ranelagh,how ?

Options
  • 06-04-2016 7:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭

Hi I was told that the Luas would take me close. Assuming its running, can anyone tell me which stop is best? And I was also told a bus is possible? Help appreciated, danku

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Luasto abbey St. Walk to Stephens green and luas out .

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Spirogyra wrote: »
    Hi I was told that the Luas would take me close. Assuming its running, can anyone tell me which stop is best? And I was also told a bus is possible? Help appreciated, danku

You would have to get from heuston to st. Stephens green you could use 145 bus outside front where red line luas stops. This would get you to Kildare st. Then turn corner and jump on green line luas.

You can also use 145 to Kildare st or better the next stop after and get number 11, 44, or 61 which will get you into the village of ranelagh.

You could also stay on 145 and get off at wellington/appian way and walk up appian way not far to Ranelagh at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Really depends on how quickly you need to get to Ranelagh.
    If you have plenty of time available, then follow the suggestion of Tatranska or Punisher.
    If time is tight and its not peak rush hour traffic, a good Taxi driver will have you there in about 15 - 20 mins.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Ciaran_B

Dublin bike to the canal?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,417 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You would need to use both Luas lines. Alternatively, the 145 could get you from Heuston to Leeson Street.

Put your exact locations (Heuston Station & Ranelagh) and relevant dates and times into www.a-b.ie and tweak the settings. Make sure you have selected "take neighbouring stops into account for origin and destination maximum 20 min walk".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Looking at google, its a 4km, 50 minute (probably an hour) walk. If its a nice day, I'd do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭Spirogyra

Hi thanks for replies ☺ its the Northbrook Clinic, looking at the map it doesn't look that far, but when you don't really know dublin, it could still be a difficult walk. Looks like I may be arriving in Dublin 3 hours before my appointment though, so lots of time....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

The 145 bus leaves you a 5-10 min walk from The Triangle.

If I did stroll around o Connell st is there taxis plentiful ? Looks like I'll have the bones of 3hours to kill ?thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,821 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I'd walk it tbh. Good exercise and it's really not that far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,358 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Hi thanks for replies ☺ its the Northbrook Clinic, looking at the map it doesn't look that far, but when you don't really know dublin, it could still be a difficult walk. Looks like I may be arriving in Dublin 3 hours before my appointment though, so lots of time....

In case you're still looking for advice..... the145 stops just past Leeson St bridge, which is about a 3-minute walk to the clinic. Or if you've got 3 hours to kill, stop in Grafton St or Stephen's Green for a wander and it's only a10- minute walk up from there.

Hi as it turns out I went with both luas lines, with tea and a stroll in between, actually an easy place to find and appointment went well.Follow up surgery is in the Blackrock Clinic, how best would I get there? . Is a taxi likely to be long and expensive? They've offered to book me one, but cost?. Thanks, s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,549 ✭✭✭maryishere

Hi as it turns out I went with both luas lines, with tea and a stroll in between, actually an easy place to find and appointment went well.Follow up surgery is in the Blackrock Clinic, how best would I get there? . Is a taxi likely to be long and expensive? They've offered to book me one, but cost?. Thanks, s
    Cheaper to get the dart than a taxi, but if you are in a hurry, I'd rely on a good taxi driver. If getting the Dart, the nearest Dart / Train station to the clinic is Blackrock. From the station, Blackrock Clinic is a short walk (approx 10 min) through Blackrock village, turning right onto Rock Road toward the City Centre. You can always ask people for directions, it's well known. The Clinic is located on the left, just past Blackrock Park, you cannot miss it.

Advertisement