Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunbathing, Swimming Naked

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

I am not gay but if I was wondering around a beach naked I would get an instant boner. The excitement of walking around with nothing on how could you avoid it?

Thus is always the hypothetical worry. It's not an issue in reality. And if it does happen just don't be waving it about. Ly down or go for a swim.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

The fear of getting one is usually enough to ensure that you don't

• Registered Users Posts: 33,330 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I am not gay but if I was wondering around a beach naked I would get an instant boner.
    The excitement of walking around with nothing on how could you avoid it?

Straight men don;t have erections now?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Paulownia

I hope this is only a rumour 😵

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

I would vote in favour of the gays getting married instead of forever being condemned in God's eyes and not being part of progressive multicultural more Irish than the Irish themselves colourful vibrant big logo fading to black dramatic drum bating musical score to discover Ireland ads Ireland thar it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭TOEJOE

Don't go there at Christmas it would be a waste of time!!!

Mint Aero wrote: »
    I would vote in favour of the gays getting married instead of forever being condemned in God's eyes and not being part of progressive multicultural more Irish than the Irish themselves colourful vibrant big logo fading to black dramatic drum bating musical score to discover Ireland ads Ireland thar it is.

You could have posted that in any one of the last five threads I read before this one it would have been more apt!

Mint Aero wrote: »

This is far too complex a statement for me, I thought gays could now marry or are I missing some subtle point. This thread was about naturism as far as I could tell.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

Yeah I was once nude in a Jacuzzi in Prague with 4 beautiful women. We were chatting away and having a great time. I was in heaven until a load of fat middle aged men jumped in. the Madame gave me my bill, It kind of ruined the fantasy.

FYP

Yeah I was once nude in a Jacuzzi in Prague with 4 beautiful women. We were chatting away and having a great time. I was in heaven until a load of other fat middle aged men jumped in. It kind of ruined the fantasy.

FYP also :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I was on a nude beach/lake in Germany, it was a bit odd at first, but got used to it very quickly.
    Word of warning to men - don't go in the water...the shrinkage on exiting the water cannot be hiden.

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    I was on a nude beach/lake in Germany, it was a bit odd at first, but got used to it very quickly.
    Word of warning to men - don't go in the water...the shrinkage on exiting the water cannot be hiden.

Hopefully you recovered fully in the warmth of the sunshine :)

This just might be a day for the dunes.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

murpho999 wrote: »
    Except that it's in Sandycove not Dalkey.

Little nudie hang out ;), just off the Vico road at the Sorrento terrace end.

http://www.dun-laoghaire.com/nude_bathing.html

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Paulownia wrote: »
    Hopefully you recovered fully in the warmth of the sunshine :)
    I crawled like a sniper back to my towel until I recovered. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I was interested to find this article online:
    http://http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/jul/30/skinny-dipping-is-not-a-crime-swimming-naked-dive-in#_=_

Daniel Start is the author of a book about Wild Swimming, a little goldmine of places to dip in the UK: the book isn't specially about swimming naked but as you can see from the article, people who love the feel of open water on their skin will naturally do it, and always have!

As he says, the art is in the etiquette. (And local knowledge)

Lovely sunny day today in South Dublin, found a secluded place and stripped off. Twenty minutes later I was grabbing my clothes in the midst of a hailstorm

• Registered Users Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

kupus wrote: »
    nope its actually frowned upon.

Lol

No sh!t!!?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭duffman3833

Paulownia wrote: »
    Lovely sunny day today in South Dublin, found a secluded place and stripped off. Twenty minutes later I was grabbing my clothes in the midst of a hailstorm

last week was so unpredictable, didn't even get shorts out ha

last week was so unpredictable, didn't even get shorts out ha

You were wiser than I !!
    I'm so looking forward to the summer, whenever it finally arrives

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Great weather for it

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

If this weather keeps up, I'll be on my way down to Dalkey for a dip in the buff.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭well spoken man

Are sunglasses frowned upon on a nudie beach????

• Registered Users Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Only when blind men grab the wrong stick

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

lawred2 wrote: »
    Lol

No sh!t!!?

Unless you go to cap degate in France,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I've never understood the Irish squeemishness around nudity.

It's because we're very pale and fat!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

When I was in Germany a few years ago on business, there was a sauna in my hotel. Not a single person in the sauna, steam room or jacuzzi wore any clothing. The Germans and other Continentals have the right idea - wearing anything in a sauna is just plain silly. Your skin needs to sweat and breathe in a sauna. The only thing you need to bring to the sauna is a towel to sit or lie on.

And from a sauna it is just a short hop to a swimming pool or beach. Who the hell wants soggy wet cumbersome swimsuits? It really is best to swim in the best swimsuit of all - your skin. The same goes for sunbathing around the pool or on the beach - who wants unsightly tan lines? You get an all over tan in the buff.

Once you sauna, swim and sunbathe naked you won't want to wear a swimsuit again. It really is better to go bare!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

I sleep in the jeyes fluid the odd time but as for swimming in it, nope. Id have a mickey like alfs nose after the Irish sea

Depends where you wear them I think!😎

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭HamsterFace

JupiterKid wrote: »
    When I was in Germany a few years ago on business, there was a sauna in my hotel. Not a single person in the sauna, steam room or jacuzzi wore any clothing. The Germans and other Continentals have the right idea - wearing anything in a sauna is just plain silly. Your skin needs to sweat and breathe in a sauna. The only thing you need to bring to the sauna is a towel to sit or lie on.

And from a sauna it is just a short hop to a swimming pool or beach. Who the hell wants soggy wet cumbersome swimsuits? It really is best to swim in the best swimsuit of all - your skin. The same goes for sunbathing around the pool or on the beach - who wants unsightly tan lines? You get an all over tan in the buff.

Once you sauna, swim and sunbathe naked you won't want to wear a swimsuit again. It really is better to go bare!

Sauna I'd be quite happy to do but for some reason the Jacuzzi with a bunch of nudes would put me off.
    Would they have been mixed?

Advertisement